Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

HonorableTB posted:

What kerch bridge doin

Hozier's song "Take me to Kerch" really aged poorly, didn't it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
They get what they want though, every time it derails the thread for pages and generates words that I'm sure that get copy pasted else where.

It's difficult but just ignore and move on.

I was hoping it would have been a missile strike on the bridge, because that would have been easier to replicate. Also a shame it didn't take out the railway as I'm sure that's the main route of supplies. Hopefully it can be repeated.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

so how about that war, huh?

Special Military Operation, please.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Idk how many of those naval drones Ukraine has, but I'm glad they're getting use out of them. From what I recall, Ukraine had them, but the naval drones weren't as helpful as desired.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM COLOGNE ONTO MY SKIN. ITS THE SMELL OF NAPALM AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING WARCRIMES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, AMERICAN HEGEMONY. I LEND EVERY LEASE AND I LEND EVERY LEASE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN THE HIMARS SLAMS DOWN SOME AIR DEFENSE BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP GUIDANCE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ARE THE SOLE CAUSE OF ALL THE WORLD'S PROBLEMS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY NATO AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN NATO CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE RED LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX LESS LONELY BY CROSSING EM ALL. 2 YEARS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY UKRAINE. THEN I LIFT”

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

Tree Bucket posted:

How's the Turkish navy? More competent than Russia's I assume?

Well, for one, it's not continuously on fire.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

god please help me posted:

Idk how many of those naval drones Ukraine has, but I'm glad they're getting use out of them. From what I recall, Ukraine had them, but the naval drones weren't as helpful as desired.

Can't imagine they are super expensive. Just keep sending them against the bridge, or the vessels protecting it. The sooner Crimea feels unviable to the Russians the better. The people that died in the strike were going on holiday there FFS.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Kerch busted. Tankies frothing. Dice just keep on rolling.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

And he is losing.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

god please help me posted:

Unless they used some other naval drones supplied from elsewhere (Russia has shown some alleged footage of drone, but it looked like jet ski), naval drones used by UA in their attacks were developed in Ukraine and they usually use bunch of them in each attack, they're also much cheaper than e.g., single Storm Shadow missile.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Dwesa posted:

Unless they used some other naval drones supplied from elsewhere (Russia has shown some alleged footage of drone, but it looked like jet ski), naval drones used by UA in their attacks were developed in Ukraine and they usually use bunch of them in each attack, they're also much cheaper than e.g., single Storm Shadow missile.

There seem to be improvements from comparison to older attacks. Apparently the black sea fleet only barely escaped from this attempt as the drones were destroyed only about 100-150 metres from the ships.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Aesop Poprock posted:

You idiots, do I hope Ukraine wins against Russia? Of course. Because anything that fucks Putin over is good. Is Ukraine the ideal candidate? gently caress no there's a ton of far right idiots in the military forces

Do you live in America?

Because lmao if so

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Horrorosaurus posted:

Lol it's been a while since I expressed frustration re: how we're in a place where we just have to agree with having insane drive-by fuckwits from CSPAM as it felt really loving insulting to share a space with them and I was honestly surprised they even existed in such large numbers.

It's like a forum you liked to visit for news and threads like this suddenly got a Stormfront neighbour two clicks away but "relax bro it's a completely different sub forum" yeah but if I live somewhere bordering Russia I really would appreciate it if they were gone.

A mod came in to "get a better picture of what was bothering so many" or some poo poo like that, asked stupid loving questions and seemed to disregard any actual answers or was just too plain stupid to get the idea, but if we drop the pretense it wasn't a sincere effort at all and the thread got closed lmao here we are a year later and these fuckwits are still doing the bit.

I've accepted that this place has some problems on the admin level and just ignore it. gently caress them.

That guy's not even a cspam poster, he has 15 pages of nothing but gbs posts lol

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

NTRabbit posted:

1 new LHD based on the Navantia Juan Carlos I/Canberra design but geared towards being a drone carrier, 8 modernised Oliver Hazard Perry clas frigates, 8 MEKO 200 based frigates with a variety of modernisation standards, a dozen old type 209 submarines, 4 newish indigenous corvettes, and a brand new indigenous multirole frigate that is due to be commissioned in a couple months, all of them fitted with about the standard NATO gear found around the world.

So likely, yes.

Thanks for the info. A drone-carrier Canberra class! That's... well, one of those "welcome to the future" moments.

Drunk in Space posted:

Well, for one, it's not continuously on fire.

You fool, that's merely the Admiral Kuznetsov's tactical permanent smoke screen.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Aesop Poprock posted:

You idiots, do I hope Ukraine wins against Russia? Of course. Because anything that fucks Putin over is good. Is Ukraine the ideal candidate? gently caress no there's a ton of far right idiots in the military forces

I really want to know who Aesop Poprock thinks is the ideal candidate is here.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Tucker Carlson for president!

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Latest Radio ward Nerd real good
https://pca.st/skjdqr7q

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LcUj47_7S4

This dude's accent goes places, it's like starting like something out of francophone canada or bumfuck sudbury or something.. and is just a mishmash.. but interesting stuff nonetheless.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Breaking West may be complicit in Crimea bridge attack - Moscow

Russia’s foreign ministry says Western countries could be complicit in what it is calling a Ukrainian “terrorist” attack on the Crimea bridge.

Iol I am very complicit

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Wee posted:

Nah

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
:siren: Lets move on from the shitposting trolls please, thanks.

Wee posted:

Only for showing how frequently wrong RWN is. Please stop posting this poo poo unless you are just trying to demonstrate how bad he is.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Wee posted:

This guy is completely clueless, FYI. See what the VFW goons think about his "expertise". So no, thanks.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tai posted:

Russia’s foreign ministry says Western countries could be complicit in what it is calling a Ukrainian “terrorist” attack on the Crimea bridge.

Iol I am very complicit

Oh now are they going to sanction my rear end for this? :ohdear:

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh now are they going to sanction my rear end for this? :ohdear:

nice humblebrag. rear end so fine, it's a luxury good.

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

PLS SEE AVATAR. P.S. IM A BELL END LOL

Tai posted:

Iol I am very complicit

But have the West crossed the red line?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It was Willo! I saw him!

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Roblo posted:

This guy is completely clueless, FYI. See what the VFW goons think about his "expertise". So no, thanks.

It’s worse; Mark Ames aka War Nerd is an American tankie based in Russia and a favorite on some of the other forums on this here SA message board. His claim to fame includes reviewing prostitutes in Moscow. Reading the episode summary is a dead giveaway.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Mokotow posted:

It’s worse; Mark Ames aka War Nerd is an American tankie based in Russia and a favorite on some of the other forums on this here SA message board. His claim to fame includes reviewing prostitutes in Moscow. Reading the episode summary is a dead giveaway.

Why do these people always have a list of sex crimes?

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Are there any other bridges that are strategically useful to russia that would make good targets for ukraine to pop? I thought seeing kerch get blammo'd would slake my lust for bridge death but I think it just made it worse:ohdear:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lmao wtf is this?

Chechens fighting for Ukraine are starting to do ambushes in Russia (Belgorod) on military vehicles. This war is loves to do curve balls

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

steinrokkan posted:

It was Willo! I saw him!

Willo was just doing self-defense, after all, they have a vested interest in not being nuked.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tree Bucket posted:

Thanks for the info. A drone-carrier Canberra class! That's... well, one of those "welcome to the future" moments.

In some fun history repeating, they've even developed a navalised version of the Bayraktar TB2 called the TB3, which has folding wings for easier storage and fitting on the deck lifts, though full rate production hasn't started yet.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Tree Bucket posted:

Well originally it was supposed to carry F-35B's (the STVOL variant). But yeah now it'll carry big drones.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Clerical Terrors posted:

I really want to know who Aesop Poprock thinks is the ideal candidate is here.

The ideal candidate to win a war between Ukraina and Russia is obviously not either Ukraina or Russia.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1680917868077019141?s=20

Are Su-25s amphibious? Asking for a friend.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

It's not called Frogfoot for nothing!

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1680918840530591745?s=20

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
From The Guardian. Ukrainians REALLY hate that bridge.

I wonder if another stamp is ready for this new attack.

quote:

As mentioned in the previous post, Ukraine’s post office actually issued a commemorative stamp last year to celebrate the October attack on the Crimea bridge.

It illustrates how hated the bridge is by Ukrainians as a symbol of Russia’s illegal occupation of the Crimean peninsula.

Designed by the Ukrainian artist Yuriy Shapoval, the stamp shows the bridge behind clouds of dark grey smoke.

In the forefront is the famous scene from the Titanic, where Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet stand on the bow of the ship a reference to Russia’s claims that the bridge was unsinkable.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Tai posted:

lmao wtf is this?

Chechens fighting for Ukraine are starting to do ambushes in Russia (Belgorod) on military vehicles. This war is loves to do curve balls

Got a source on this? Cause that's def interesting

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, I wish I had art skills- I'd paint that Stockton guy (of OceanGate infamy) standing on the bridge, thumbs up, with a Storm Shadow looming massively behind him. You know, go from one 'unsinkable' reference to another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Horrorosaurus posted:

I've accepted that this place has some problems on the admin level and just ignore it. gently caress them.

Take it to QCS/SAD but keep in mind there’s some people in there who will make your skin crawl and have you checking your post history to make sure you haven’t accidentally given any PII.