Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kru
Oct 5, 2003

I'm actually lolling just thinking about it, god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

InsertPotPun posted:

"so, if we don't ask for a raise you won't replace us with machines?"
"no"

I seem to remember people sincerely making the argument that wages were at a natural point of equilibrium such that the further development of fast food robots was impractical, and therefore as long as we don't touch anything ever it will not be profitable to replace employees with robots and everything will be fine. But raise wages 1 cent and every fast food company will instantly pull the robot lever and minimum wage society will collapse

As though technology and economic forces are not both changing wildly on a day to day basis

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

InappropriateJazz posted:

Came here to post this. Imagine business genius Musk announcing the production of BurgerBots to prove his point.

After 8 years of intense development, they put them into some burger chain test location. Seventeen employees and customers maimed on the first day.

"Due to an error in their imported Tesla code, the MuskBurgerbots incorrectly assessed that a visiting party of 15 schoolchildren were in fact a delivery of unprocessed meat and got to work"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

crispix posted:

did nobody present at this thing say "WHAT IN THE gently caress WAS THAT?!"

if not, why not
because everyone knew it was a person in a suit doing a dumb dance to hype up investors about what the future of an elon-built cybrog could be before the actual presentation of the incredibly lackluster robot they in reality built

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Musk owning twitter rules since people complaining about twitter has provided more entertainment than twitter ever did

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Elon is a crap name

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Chapelle would have dunked on him too if it wasn't for the fact that the only reason Elong was there to begin with was so that Dave could get Talib Kweli unbanned from Twitter.

No he wouldn't. Dave is a proud TERF, and trans people are the top target of his "jokes" these days. He and Elon are very much alike.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, Dave is an old lovely old man now, its over.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Wee posted:

doesn't he have multiple things upcoming on Netflix? Wouldn't say hes over.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Wee posted:

Elon is a crap name

Elon is a crap. Putin is a poo poo.

Wee posted:

Dave, who I literally grew up watching, hasn't been relevant since he "walked away", whatever that was. He came back the most hateful, disrespectful regressive on stage.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Incitatus posted:

doesn't he have multiple things upcoming on Netflix? Wouldn't say hes over.

Maybe some dumb people like garbage

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I'm dumb and I like garbage but I do not like Dave

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Chapelle's Equimanity and the Bird Revelation is the single most repulsive standup performance I've ever had the misfortune of seeing. 15 minutes in he tells a story about a fan who wrote him a letter begging him not to make transphobic jokes because it was genuinely enormously hurtful and distressing to them, and he mocked them to the audience and immediately launched into a barrage of the most unfunny punching down transphobic 'jokes'. Don't know how long he kept it up because that's the point I stopped watching and haven't listened to a single minute of the fucker since, but he showed no signs of stopping and was basically gleeful at the prospect of hurting people via his performance.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

PhazonLink posted:

i wonder if using time travel to kill Richard Dawkins before he invented the word "mi mi", or Kojima before he learned about "mi mi's"

would have a ripple effect that results in greater good of not having a bunch of broken brain old men think mi mi's are what matter in life.

Everything would be the same except we’d still be calling them image macros

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Entropic posted:

Preferable

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
Yeah that’s really the worst part of the current batch of comedians that spend half of any interview whinging about cancel culture. The majority of their shows and interviews can be summed up as old man whinges about life.

It would be one thing if they were telling offensive transphobic jokes but they’re not even doing that. A lot of Ricky Gervais’ transphobic material literally boils down to “transgender people don’t deserve respect am I right?” to a crowd already receptive to that.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Entropic posted:

Bring back the name, I want to be able to call their fans Macro Fetishists again

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

anonumos posted:

Dave, who I literally grew up watching, hasn't been relevant since he "walked away", whatever that was. He came back the most hateful, disrespectful regressive on stage.

Dave being the Kid Rock of comedy and Dave moving to Ohio are a symbiotic relationship. He was cool when he was from DC, and he either became poo poo when he moved to a vowel-state or he moved there because he became poo poo and I don't know which came first.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Chappelle wouldn't have dunked on Musk because, aside from all the transphobia that others have pointed out already, you can pretty clearly see in the video that Chappelle's pissed off that the crowd didn't explode into rapturous applause for his buddy Musk, which is why he went off on them. He wasn't doing that to be funny, he was legitimately mad.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

anonumos posted:

Elon is a crap. Putin is a poo poo.

Immersing yourself into HOA politicking will do that to a man

Kale
May 14, 2010

kazil posted:

Another genius mot from the mememaster

NAILED IT!!!! :elon: :elon:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

anonumos posted:

I mean he's become a total tool, but don't act like "walking away" wasn't totally justified. He was doing a skit where he was in black face, dressed in a straw hat and overalls, talking about how good fried chicken was. Then he realized the only ones laughing were the white crew members and writing staff. He realized who he was didn't matter, just the color of his skin to enable these pricks to jeep telling the same racist jokes they've been doing for years.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
What a piece of poo poo

https://twitter.com/larrymadowo/status/1680879054889668610?s=46&t=dQl6Iu6Wmq7antcZ30Prgw

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Don’t worry African branch, he’s been stiffing the Americans too

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*elon posts meme of Ghanaian pallbearers :elon::elon:*

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

They should tear apart the equipment on their way out the door. Have fun suing them.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Not Ghana pay those guys if he can get away with it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ben shapino posted:

🤣

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Can't believe Elon would do this to his fellow African-Americans.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I mean he's become a total tool, but don't act like "walking away" wasn't totally justified. He was doing a skit where he was in black face, dressed in a straw hat and overalls, talking about how good fried chicken was. Then he realized the only ones laughing were the white crew members and writing staff. He realized who he was didn't matter, just the color of his skin to enable these pricks to jeep telling the same racist jokes they've been doing for years.

So now he's telling the same transphobic jokes for years because he's just as much of an unempathetic bigot.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

ben shapino posted:

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

bottom right guy in pic has a drat snazzy shirt ngl

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's almost like there's some sort of lesson he could have taken away from this experience, instead of just becoming a (very wealthy) bigot himself

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

kru posted:

Best musk moment was when he was asked a question in that interview and his brain shutdown for 3 minutes and he just stared into space

Someone post this clip thanks

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtjAi9QnEDc&t=32s

Tried to find one on Twitter (lol) to embed but got nothing. Question starts around 30s

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

holtemon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtjAi9QnEDc&t=32s

Tried to find one on Twitter (lol) to embed but got nothing. Question starts around 30s
unabridged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Hl2_ph5F8

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pook Good Mook posted:

They should tear apart the equipment on their way out the door. Have fun suing them.

Time to smash the poo poo out of the printer.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Based on who he turned out to be after walking away, I am deeply skeptical of this story of bravery and placing personal pride above fame and fortune. The guy dick-rides one of the most publicly racist white billionaires in existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That person needs a lung flush.