Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
hmmmm
1st Gen
2nd Gen
3rd Gen
Goku
View Results

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Honestly kinda disliked the newest jeans. Hyperbright pastels and a title track without any particular highlight to it. Doesn’t at all capture the energy and uniqueness of Ditto or Hypeboy imo; even their cola track was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Jonny 290 posted:

Director also doing Russian Roulette completely tracks. The weird camera angles and frames and bright colors. Neat vid

it totally does, not my favorite red velvet song but probably my favorite video of theirs. tons of style

i cant find who directed it now but the video for i.o.i's very very very seems similar too

Gone Fashing fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 17, 2023

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Gone Fashing posted:

i cant find who directed it now but the video for i.o.i's very very very seems similar too

99% confident that was Digipedi.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://twitter.com/kchartsmaster/status/1680744026230628352?t=N1Ii7m-hIbKg-zBOHCsTow&s=19

you UK garage fans will be very happy

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont really think this is likely because no one in newjeans' demo would know who they are but i'm reminded that they've mentioned TLC a few times

edit apparently they're on the weeknd's insta story or whatever today 😒

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jul 17, 2023

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

On one hand, I think MBTI is a reductive way to describe someone's personality and it's silly how much idols talk about it

On the other, NCT Dream named their comeback after my type :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDnGdcgd3Pc

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Vastakaiun posted:

On one hand, I think MBTI is a reductive way to describe someone's personality and it's silly how much idols talk about it

It’s just utterly universal among youth in South Korea today, it’s one of the first things everyone seems to ask when they first meet someone. This generation’s blood type.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

After having the 4th highest day 1 sales for a girl group ever, NMIXX have their first 1m seller on Hanteo with their single. I think they got close last time, but nice to hit it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBvJT6AQpGM

The itzy teaser is weird, it's a highly produced dance feature with just Yeji and Ryujin. Music sounds good though, Cake is definitely going to be A Song.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

i dont really think this is likely because no one in newjeans' demo would know who they are but i'm reminded that they've mentioned TLC a few times

edit apparently they're on the weeknd's insta story or whatever today 😒

Abel has taste

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I dunno man have you seen The Idol?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
there's no more certain way to get me to not care about a song than by putting the weeknd on it

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

The wording of the tweet makes me think it's just MV cameos and not song features. Don't want Weeknd on either though.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ughhhh, I don't really care for Weeknd, lol. If the song is a bop, then whatever.

The powerpuff track has really grown on me after seeing its stage shows. I love the choreo, it's got so much swag.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

I dunno man have you seen The Idol?

yeah it was dope

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Huh, interesting. Looks like an actual JYP trainee (or former trainee?) competes in the open audition for A2K next episode from this week's preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyBJT-1eV2o&t=2258s

Timestamped 37m38s

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's really funny that he's the only judge. from the preview you've gotta conclude he's just had her tabbed for this group and brought her to LA with him lol

i'm reminded of when doug benson went on last comic standing and the judges (his peers) were like uhh doug what are you doing here

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

it's really funny that he's the only judge. from the preview you've gotta conclude he's just had her tabbed for this group and brought her to LA with him lol

The open audition contestants had to pass 2 stages first, where they were judged by the JYP artist training team and then the artist training team EVP, before they could have their performance judged by JYP himself. From this latest episode, ATL only had 1 contestant pass the first 2 stages :rip:

I'm sure it's all manufactured though, and yeah you're probably right; it's likely that trainee in the preview was already pre-determined to be part of the A2K group lol.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

After having the 4th highest day 1 sales for a girl group ever, NMIXX have their first 1m seller on Hanteo with their single. I think they got close last time, but nice to hit it now.

All kpop sales numbers are weird and suss now with every group hitting blackpink / bts numbers despite not having any comparable popularity. Like based on every single streaming number from every country Nmixx are by far the least popular 4th gen group out of the top agencies groups but somehow they’ve magically sold a similar number of albums to their peers.

I genuinely think every agency has paper companies buying digipacks just to convince investors that the industry is experiencing endless growth when it actually isn’t

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Centusin posted:

All kpop sales numbers are weird and suss now with every group hitting blackpink / bts numbers despite not having any comparable popularity. Like based on every single streaming number from every country Nmixx are by far the least popular 4th gen group out of the top agencies groups but somehow they’ve magically sold a similar number of albums to their peers.

Not really, Le Sserafim, Ive, Aespa etc are all in the 2m+ range. Nmixx have had steady growth but not the instant crazy numbers like the others. Aespas sales being so insane is pretty easily traced to the 500 versions they put out, especially of their latest album. I think the whole point of Hanteo and other trackers is to verify the sales too. Could still be gamed of course, but that'd be a ton of effort and that money would probably be better spent boosting stream numbers and such.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Centusin posted:

I genuinely think every agency has paper companies buying digipacks just to convince investors that the industry is experiencing endless growth when it actually isn’t

Gotta agree with this. NMIXX (alongside Kep1er) feel like the most astroturfed groups out right now.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Kep1ers sales are in the 200k range though? What seems artificial about that compared to the bigger groups?

And NMIXX is still a JYP girl group, they were always going to be big no matter how divisive their first songs were. They've gotten a lot bigger in SK these last two comebacks, charting better than Aespa's latest for instance. Them selling half what the biggest groups are does not seem suspicious to me.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Kep1ers sales are in the 200k range though? What seems artificial about that compared to the bigger groups?

And NMIXX is still a JYP girl group, they were always going to be big no matter how divisive their first songs were. They've gotten a lot bigger in SK these last two comebacks, charting better than Aespa's latest for instance. Them selling half what the biggest groups are does not seem suspicious to me.

i just get both of these groups pushed to my tiktok and instagram feeds so much and I just I don't know, it feels so forced. both of these groups.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Maybe the algorithm knows you better than you know yourself :frogbon:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nmixx seems to do a lot of content so certainly the youtube algorithm favors that. the only time i ever hear about kepler is when they have a new song in here or my one friend who watched girls planet and has now reached the 'hikaru should have just joined xg in the first place' phase

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Maybe the algorithm knows you better than you know yourself :frogbon:

My algorithm is so incredibly cursed

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Anecdotal, but I was at Twice's concert in Atlanta and before it started they showed a sizzle reel of JYP groups. With each one that came up the crowd cheered. NMIXX got one of the loudest sustained cheers there, on the same level as what Itzy got.

NiziU barely had anyone cheer for them. :ohdear:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Doggles posted:

NMIXX got one of the loudest sustained cheers there, on the same level as what Itzy got.

NiziU barely had anyone cheer for them. :ohdear:

That was all just me

And coconut is a banger, Niziu rules

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 18, 2023

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Kep1er has released my favorite EP so far this year if anything they should be more popular

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

Oh dang, B.I is doing a proper European tour, including a concert near me. I think this is the first major k-pop act to play in my country since I started paying attention and it happens to be my favorite soloist :dance:

Hoping tickets aren't too expensive / sell out too fast

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I never see Kep1er content pop up on YT or my socials, I have to actively search them out. I didn't even know they had a release back in April until just now lol.

[edit]

Doggles posted:

Anecdotal, but I was at Twice's concert in Atlanta and before it started they showed a sizzle reel of JYP groups. With each one that came up the crowd cheered. NMIXX got one of the loudest sustained cheers there, on the same level as what Itzy got.

At the Chicago show, the crowd reaction to NMIXX's spot in the pre-show sizzle reel was just as ear-piercingly loud as the Itzy and Stray Kids spots. [edit 2] To be clear, it's obvious crowd reaction doesn't reliably translate to or is indicative of album sale growth, but it's not like NMIXX are punching below their weight either (imo).

teagone fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 18, 2023

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

I wonder what it says about me or Queendom Puzzle that this week's focus on group choreos, with everyone lipsyncing, was the most interesting it's been. The Web performance especially.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCo7L5oo0O8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMmKT0JYPWk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7zimAHliBA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7E3iRHPSWI

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

teagone posted:

I never see Kep1er content pop up on YT or my socials, I have to actively search them out. I didn't even know they had a release back in April until just now lol.

[edit]

At the Chicago show, the crowd reaction to NMIXX's spot in the pre-show sizzle reel was just as ear-piercingly loud as the Itzy and Stray Kids spots.

Best part of that was the crowd singing along to JYP's Gotta Get My Groove Back and all collectively laughing at the same time

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

teagone posted:

https://youtu.be/w9ueRzymcU0

Giddy is a banger and the EP is 5/5 good-rear end songs. Perfect summertime music. also I can change the words and sing “Kitty kitty kitty kitty all day, kitty kitty kitty kitty all night” at my cats 24/7

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsYSSVoQnP4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJDMAjwxthM

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Hoyeon :eyepop:

Holy production (audio and video)

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 19, 2023

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Holy gently caress.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Wtf Tony Leung :stare:

NewJeans got Tony Leung to be in their MV. Lmao. Amazing.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

:eyepop:

Small mixup, it's Hoyeon.

edit:
Why is this not up on Spotify yet. :argh:

.Z. fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jul 19, 2023

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hoyeon x Tony Leung in their MVs. NewJeans stay winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i was like 'i guess i'm too old to know this male lead' but then i recognized tony leung right away having just watched chungking express and infernal affairs in the last month