Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I really do wonder if it's going to maintain relative parity and everyone is getting insane boosts or if they're taking the chance to try and level the playing field and power players like R Heath or Spicy Yi Sang don't get much from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It would be pretty smart if they did the latter, but....
:lobcorp:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
It’s probably going to be a leveling the playing field kind of deal considering the wording says that “all or some of these things may be upgraded”. The best IDs will probably remain the best though and you won’t see like 00s on par with 000s, but more things will likely become more viable in more content

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

MotU posted:

W Mersault going from absolutely one of the worst IDs to “Activates his S2/3 conditions off a single successful S1” and a decent clasher makes me real excited for Uptie IV

Will it be worth the cost? We'll have to see other Tier IV.

Also new Don has low coins but coin power on her S1 and also lmao that she deals more damage the more clashes she does. 99 count meta babe.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1680908495162605568

Patch notes and big rebalances, especially for base EGO. N Sinclair is the big winner with the new SP manipulation mechanics of Branch of Knowledge, but there's a lot of really good effects here.

There's also AGGRO GENERATION NOW, meaning tanks are no longer useless!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Wait, what the hell is "Branch of Knowledge - Unstable"? Did I miss something important again? :v:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Passive name

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Wait, what the hell is "Branch of Knowledge - Unstable"? Did I miss something important again? :v:

Unstable is the name of the passive he gets from using the EGO Branch of Knowledge.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Wow and I was like "maybe 10-20 shards, so it's not absurd?" when wondering what the T4 shard costs were going to be, Jesus... That's very disappointing.

I liked that in S1 I was almost entirely done with all pickups after only shelling for a Pass and a couple of Lunacy drops right at the start, but this feels like a very whalish lurch. Lots of FOMO being introduced with these shard prices.

Not a fan.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
how is it FOMO when you can farm it at any time and you won’t like uh, Miss Out

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
like nothing is limited in this game so far except Banners / Main Screen/UI backgrounds. All IDs and EGOs will come back and stay back later

lyoid10
Jul 19, 2022

New cinq don kit

lyoid10 fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 17, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Man between the Offense/Defense changes, Aggro, Uptie IV and Base EGO changes the meta is gonna be wild for a little while.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
It’s gonna own PM is trying to make this a Real Game instead of Winrate Simulator

lyoid10
Jul 19, 2022

New don id kit

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I don't like choosing between getting time-sensitive IDs and having maxed IDs.

The second RR2 drops the thinking for anyone who isn't already breaking this game over their knee or whaling is "Do I have the resources to max out a team that I can squeak a clear with, and how badly will this impact my ability to get all the ids/EGOs I want at the end of the season?"

Like, I know that MD2 is resulting in more nominable crates but T4 now represents a massive sink and I'm not sure it will cut it.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

TeeQueue posted:

Unstable is the name of the passive he gets from using the EGO Branch of Knowledge.

Oh duh, right, it was the only case where both EGO and Passive got changed.

lyoid10
Jul 19, 2022
How do i upload images again ?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

KazigluBey posted:

I don't like choosing between getting time-sensitive IDs and having maxed IDs.

The second RR2 drops the thinking for anyone who isn't already breaking this game over their knee or whaling is "Do I have the resources to max out a team that I can squeak a clear with, and how badly will this impact my ability to get all the ids/EGOs I want at the end of the season?"

Like, I know that MD2 is resulting in more nominable crates but T4 now represents a massive sink and I'm not sure it will cut it.

None of the IDs are time sensitive. Everything will be in the dispenser and there is even a timeframe to know exactly when. There’s literally nothing to panic about except if you were doing Lowest Turn Count RR and directly cared about what number it said

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

lyoid10 posted:

How do i upload images again ?

Don was uploaded last page don’t worry

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

MotU posted:

Don was uploaded last page don’t worry
edit: whoops lol

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

MotU posted:

None of the IDs are time sensitive. Everything will be in the dispenser and there is even a timeframe to know exactly when. There’s literally nothing to panic about except if you were doing Lowest Turn Count RR and directly cared about what number it said

And even then Lowest Turn Count RR only gives you a banner and if they manage to balance it like the last one the turn count for the best banner (aka the only FOMO thing) will be feasible.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
<twisted opinion> Uptie 4 is a player friendly mechanic even with the costs because it makes more IDs viable for RR2 and allows more people to access the Low Turn Count Banner for less overall investment of shards

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

MotU posted:

OK, I do not like waiting for half a year for missed seasonal content to come back if I haven't picked it up the first time, and the event stuff hasn't even had its rotation confirmed yet if I'm not mistaken. T4 prices complicate this. This is a game where every new ID could very well be the perfect lynch-pin to make X or Y team feel great, and missing stuff for extended periods doesn't feel good.

It's not like I'm coming in half-cocked as a new player two years into a game's content lifecycle and complaining, I'm comparing the prospective S2+ progression feel to S1, which felt great to me. That's all. :shrug:

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
I mean it's undeniable that not dropping very much money represents a slower progression. I think it's valid to be concerned these costs might be a bit steep! I, personally, imagine some Mirror Dungeon grinding will at least represent enough shards to at least upgrade a decent "A-team". We'll see after the patch drops, I suppose.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Event IDs we’re confirmed to come back with the IDs of the season they were released in

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Probe 17 posted:

I mean it's undeniable that not dropping very much money represents a slower progression. I think it's valid to be concerned these costs might be a bit steep! I, personally, imagine some Mirror Dungeon grinding will at least represent enough shards to at least upgrade a decent "A-team". We'll see after the patch drops, I suppose.

Using all 3 weekly MD2 bonuses and doing your Thread Lux daily comes out to on average a little less than 1 OOO Uptie IV per week-ish with your dailies/weeklies but you also gotta use shard boxes on thread p much

Doing MD2H makes this more favorable

MotU fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jul 17, 2023

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Really the rudest costs are the EGO Threadspin IV costs. Those are gonna be hyper prohibitive and you’ll need to figure out which ones are used and which ones actually benefit in a viable way from their TSIV. The example of Rodya’s 4MF going from ST to AoE is nice but may not necessarily be useful or needed depending on content

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
The hideous amounts of farming i do will allow me to hit all the event and season 2 IDs/egos while still being able to U4/T4 a core set of EGO and units to carry my rear end to 83 turn RR banners, and that's literally all I care about.

Your own mileage may vary. We all know I'm very normal about these games.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Give us New Thread Lux imo

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MotU posted:

Event IDs we’re confirmed to come back with the IDs of the season they were released in

Man, the Steam review was right. It really is a gacha game made by people who don't make gacha games.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
I mean, for the moment, Thread 4 won't really break anything since they didn't add new content except MDH but you can beat with some Thread 3 if you play your cards right. I mean, the high cost will just force you to play better/be more selective and that's honeslty a good thing, especially considering that the game could be rather easy even if you didn't buy anything. PM game are hard/time-consumming. Sure, it might allienate new player but we need to remember that the main attraction of Limbus is the story, not the gameplay, nor is it the Identities. Pretty sure you can't beat all the Canto with just the regular ID but I'll need to check that.

Dawgstar posted:

Man, the Steam review was right. It really is a gacha game made by people who don't make gacha games.

Pretty sure they just want the money to fund more project, nothing else.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
ive been doing the bare minimum insta-dailies and weekly MD runs which has had me module neutral (around 400) forever, with over a thousand shard boxes now. hell, uptying every single ego barely got me under 2k thread. having something to actually spend all this poo poo on is going to be way better for the health of the game i think.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Sunshower Heath losing SP on a lost clash is kind of huge, ngl. It'll make him way more low maintenance even before any UT4 changes.

Though I think the biggest winner of the base EGO rework is absolutely Sinclair with that new Branch of Knowledge passive. Mostly useful for Grip Sinclair, admittedly, but hey. A buff to the best ID in the game? Not going to complain in the slightest.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Rodya and Greg's base egos got a big boost too, in that they're useable now.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
RIP to Bodysack's passive, though. It probably needed it, but still.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

It's not all entirely bad. You still get a bonus, and if you stack things up perfectly, it could be even better than it originally was.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
I think it might help that already strong IDs probably won't see huge changes in their Uptie IVs. Grippy Faust is already the Support Queen ID, I doubt uptying her will do anything besides make a couple numbers slightly bigger, so why rush to Uptie her when I could make [INSERT FLOUNDERING ID HERE] way more useable?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

R Heath will get 2 extra ammo on Tier IV and nothing else.

and it will still be a must upgrade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

When does the weekly stuff reset?