Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
oh gently caress a new thread

I haven't been following any off-season news what's a good site I can go to that recaps any big moves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://www.hoopsrumors.com

excellent mobile layout

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I guess when he dunks really really hard it's kinda cool. Wanna see him windmill dunk

his arms are too long a windmill would take about 7 full seconds and get blocked

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

ty

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

indigi posted:

oh gently caress a new thread

I haven't been following any off-season news what's a good site I can go to that recaps any big moves

I usually just look at woj twitter

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

I’ve been watching the summer league games closet and wemby has an insane shot suppression zone. like 70% of the offensive zone

it’s crazy.

yeah his defensive impact is unreal, he can take a single step and block your jumper from 8 feet away

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

like half of his blocks were blocked 3s lmao

e: he had 2 or 3 more blocks last night that the scorer missed because they were on midrange jumpers

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 20:28 on Jul 10, 2023

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

espn sez spurs shutdown victor for the rest of summer.

8 blocks in two games is nuts.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

fiba are hosting the european u20 championship in crete. knockouts start tomorrow, still free on youtube.

the spanish defense is still quite stiff, starting to wonder if it's the players or the coaches worth scouting.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

is this the ritual the Spurs used to secure the #1 pick?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

you know Lebron had a direct hand in designing this.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
that must be a troll

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

it’s an official video and Richard Jefferson, the most annoying motherfucker on the planet, narrates it

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

like half of his blocks were blocked 3s lmao

e: he had 2 or 3 more blocks last night that the scorer missed because they were on midrange jumpers

He's gonna have an effect like Gobert before this year where you're gonna see a lot of guys pass up shots or drives just because he's in the vicinity of where they want to shoot, that closeout is just unreal.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah drives but also every other shot as well

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

a gobert who can also shut down perimeter shooting wings rather than getting torched by them would be the best defensive player in the league by a good margin

still really early for that sort of thought but ill have to catch the Spurs opening season games and see how he looks against real competition

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah didn't mean just drives but also when he's out at the perimeter guarding someone they're gonna pass it up too but also if he's not at the perimeter and they see him in the paint they're gonna either pull up and shoot so he can't close or just pass it. Gobert used to be the king of getting guys to start a drive then see him and pass after a couple dribbles. Wemby is gonna be taking that crown.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s insane

he’s a walking talking one man 90 drtg

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://twitter.com/jack_kelly_313/status/1678470276118355980

I feel like Pistons will be a fun team if Cade is healthy this year but also, how the hell will Detroit play Cade, Ivey, and Ausar Thompson together?

In any event I feel like these guys with Duren and Bogdanovic could be a decent work in progress even if they're not ready to be a serious team

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

did wemby take that picture ?

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

euphronius posted:

did wemby take that picture ?

could've been dunleavy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
he gone

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Adama-Alpha Bal is an A+ name and he leads scorers in this Serbia vs France FIBA Europe U20 Quarterfinal.

Bal is currently committed to Arizona. The fourth quarter starts momentarily.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
this is for euphronius
https://twitter.com/NBCSports/status/1680289396019347456

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Good sign. 5th ring incoming. Congrats, Chris Paul.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
funniest outcome is Warriors win the championship but traded CP3 at the deadline

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hell yeah Steph is great

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

indigi posted:

funniest outcome is Warriors win the championship but traded CP3 at the deadline
After Dray punches him 🙏🤲

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Speaking of NBC, I'm really hoping they get back the NBA rights they used to have just so that we can get the NBA on NBC song back

This is the one time it's ethically ok to root for capitalism

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

baffling that comcast would buy nbc and their regional sports networks but not use that original theme, the theme they use now doesn't lead with the horn fanfare

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

sixers fans, what did you think of dario saric while he was in philadelphia?

i'm really happy with the signing, looney will score more on the putback than saric, but i really liked having nemanja bjelica for that one year, off the bench for ten minutes as a center who can hit an unguarded three pointer or starting when the schedule hits back-to-backs. dario looks like that but better.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

slow, could not jump. small for a center/ slow as a forward. cannot protect the rim . a sieve. the dreaded 4-5 tweener

decent passing and shooting

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

TDepressionEarl posted:

baffling that comcast would buy nbc and their regional sports networks but not use that original theme, the theme they use now doesn't lead with the horn fanfare

It's like a lame copycat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVz3PH4Ene4

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

sport themes own

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/ajtorres1230/status/1680762456082202624

he gone

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

time to restart the process but with james hardon as your centerpiece

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

his career arc has shades of Kevin Garnett and I hope Philly fans are as happy for him as Wolves fans were for KG when he won it all elsewhere