Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
twitter

https://twitter.com/iamnot_elon/status/1680671913809526785

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

unbelievably quick, that

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Trump told Musk to gently caress off and called him a bitch, must be time for Elon to start sucking up to him again hoping for a cabinet position or something.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
It's extraordinarily relevant that Elon is just a total bitch. He has no principles, not even opportunism. He is immediately cowed by any kind of authority or power.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Shifty Pony posted:

no but I didn't expect to encounter folks talking up how great a $200+ skillet is in CSPAM.

I'm sure it is a really nice pan that will last for a very long time and people can have nice things. the one time cost of a good pan isn't going to be even a blip compared to landlords sucking everyone dry via rent increases. it is probably just yet another example for the Sam Vimes boots theory of socioeconomic unfairness.
I was house sitting for people who owned a set. I liked using them and looked them up and was like lmao yeah not paying for that

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The Cusineart multi clad pans are very good for the price. I think they’re a little more expensive now though. You get used to not having non stick pretty quick.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Did the other krassenstein get Elon bucks

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Quotey posted:

Did the other krassenstein get Elon bucks

the dominant krassenstein consumed the other one to gain his powers

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Thus the cycle continues

gregday
May 23, 2003

didnt this mfer write a childrens book where trump was called Ronald Plump

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
that was before he realized he could grift more people this way

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

TheMightyBoops posted:

The Cusineart multi clad pans are very good for the price. I think they’re a little more expensive now though. You get used to not having non stick pretty quick.

not sure if it's still the case now, but you used to be able to find really good heavy bottomed stainless steel pots and pans from thrift stores for dirt cheap because old people would die and their kids either didn't have the space or didn't realize the stuff made back in like the 50s and 60s their folks got as a wedding gift is far higher quality than the dogshit they buy from target. everyone tends to snatch up old cast iron when it comes up, but they ignore the other stuff

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Shifty Pony posted:

no but I didn't expect to encounter folks talking up how great a $200+ skillet is in CSPAM.

I'm sure it is a really nice pan that will last for a very long time and people can have nice things. the one time cost of a good pan isn't going to be even a blip compared to landlords sucking everyone dry via rent increases. it is probably just yet another example for the Sam Vimes boots theory of socioeconomic unfairness.

I wonder if the dots are the rich man's way to get teflon coating without the pfas but I would think that they make it easier to scratch and poison us?

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

HootTheOwl posted:

I wonder if the dots are the rich man's way to get teflon coating without the pfas but I would think that they make it easier to scratch and poison us?

You won't care

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

this mfer runs a car company. he loving loves robots

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Slotducks posted:

unbelievably quick, that

I'm going to bet money it was more DeSantis telling Elon to kick rocks more than Elon doing anything other than crying about his video streaming.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

robots are cool but you need to institute a universal basic income if you’re gonna disrupt labor markets like that.

rich people don’t like it when poors have free time to reflect on their status.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

coconono posted:

robots are cool but you need to institute a universal basic income if you’re gonna disrupt labor markets like that.

rich people don’t like it when poors have free time to reflect on their status.

or, hear me out, they’re just going to let the poor starve and die until the revolution comes

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin
Wow just saw this on Twitter :nws:

https://twitter.com/detectclips/status/1680573505224548354

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

iirc the "dots" (really anything on the face that isn't the teflon coating) are just raised stainless bosses, they fill the negative space with teflon and grind it down flush with the idea being the raised metal bosses prevent knives/steel wool/metallic utensils from scratching the teflon coating

From reviews I have seen it's not a non-stick as a 10$ pan from Target as a result (instead of an uninterrupted teflon coating you get little patches of teflon and little patches of metal), so it's basically a partially nonstick stainless pan that you have to take extra good care of compared with regular stainless but doesn't work as well as a traditional nonstick. For the price people say just get a good quality stainless pan for big boy cooking and a cheap nonstick for frying eggs and poo poo and hexclad is a gimmick.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Justin Tyme posted:

iirc the "dots" (really anything on the face that isn't the teflon coating) are just raised stainless bosses, they fill the negative space with teflon and grind it down flush with the idea being the raised metal bosses prevent knives/steel wool/metallic utensils from scratching the teflon coating

From reviews I have seen it's not a non-stick as a 10$ pan from Target as a result (instead of an uninterrupted teflon coating you get little patches of teflon and little patches of metal), so it's basically a partially nonstick stainless pan that you have to take extra good care of compared with regular stainless but doesn't work as well as a traditional nonstick. For the price people say just get a good quality stainless pan for big boy cooking and a cheap nonstick for frying eggs and poo poo and hexclad is a gimmick.

lol look at this guy who hasn't used hexclad stuff

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

oh lol it still has teflon.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
pay catturd

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm going to stick with ceramic+steel then, thanks

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Justin Tyme posted:

i know one foolproof way to prevent utensils from scratching teflon: dont use it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

tenderjerk posted:

pay catturd

aragagaegfegwalkjedsafkjeaews you are the king of teachers pets!!! YOUR AVATAR IS LITERALLY A PET

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ6oJ8SuYBA

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Cast iron and carbon steel ftw.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Ngl listening to that old fart whine because he didn't get to be in Musk's tree fort made me smile.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
heXclad, the everything pan

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

would gordon ramsay lie to you

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Cast iron and carbon steel ftw.

my de buyer is a workhorse. love it.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

gently caress dude. 0 to 100 of a guy being like “when marketing is misleading” to jumping into an ad read about a thermometer.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

tenderjerk posted:

pay catturd

actually I don't even want to get paid

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wonder if Bluesky is gonna pay me for power posting in between bush shots.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
the size of my engagements and the years of work I've put in

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Is there hard data available on how many accounts are paying for Twitter? I have one of those extensions that blocks blue checks and it just keeps running and running and running. I'm trying to figure out why anyone thinks it's a good investment to advertise whatever lovely scam they're running.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Dr. Killjoy posted:

the size of my engagements and the years of work I've put in

lots of hard work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

doctor the size of my engagements has diminished, should i be worried?