Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lose money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Star Wars Visions is another good Disney Star Wars thing, but it’s mostly them just asking other studios to make whatever cool poo poo they want, so I could see how it might not be in the Disney win column.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

There's a Snow White live action remake coming with Rachel Zegler as Snow White and also dwarfs of different races/genders which has broken the brains of right wing morons (NOTE: Apologies for insinuating these idiots have brains)

https://twitter.com/DailyMail/status/1679824302462447616

Dwarven Septicule?

No idea if this is shut down at the moment or if these are older photos as they have released nothing promotional about this movie yet iirc, and it could just disappear due to magical apple accounting before it even is finished

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Supposedly those images are fake and it’s the usual suspects making GBS threads their pants over nothing.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The Daily Mail

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Fantasy dwarves are a different thing anyway.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Martman posted:

The Daily Mail

It's absolutely true because I read it in the

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

CelticPredator posted:

The one in the movie. The one I liked.

I think we should replace all rorschach tests with TLJ

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

You see a franchise on its back but you’re not helping

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

I didn't actually watch the clip for this til now and I'm legit blown away at how stupid this is. I mean it's "web 3" "blockchain" whatever stuff so of course it's stupid but the presentation of this, dropping $$$ for that lovely AR thing and walking around a single room with trading cards? What in the gently caress. :wtc:

They advertise all those locations and key art/whatever cards and models you can find but you only get MOST of that if you buy the $100 version, if you buy the $35 version you need to buy it multiple times until you eventually get everything because it's randomized which one room/etc. you get. Anyway it seems like the $35 version of this is limited to 10,000 sales, but you can access it early if you already have some of WB's other "web3" stuff.

So just going by this "Web3" and "blockhain" means "thing is way more expensive than normal and also completely random" Like hypothetically if I wanted to watch The Flash on video on demand it's not going to cost $35 to do that.

Professor Shark posted:

That commercial had a really early 2000’s FEATURES vibe to it

It did indeed make me think of the "Who da man? YODA MAN!" tv ads for Attack of the Clones lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d1dR2170o

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol mystery/loot box digital movies

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Casimir Radon posted:

Supposedly those images are fake and it’s the usual suspects making GBS threads their pants over nothing.

I think the line is "not official" which means that they are real but they don't want to defend them because they are cowards

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
WB is dumb but also desperate to get literally anything out of that garbage pile they can and they have even less than the normal lack of concern about making the brand look bad.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
I actually enjoyed The Flash, but between the audience fatigue of A). Multiverse poo poo B). Gen X Memberberries packaged in forced "Clap you loving seal" moments C). Dead DCU D). Animosity over the Batgirl and Miller situations, yeah this poo poo is grade F cinematic crib death.

Nightmare Cinema fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 16, 2023

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I do get the vibe that about half of WB's old management is genuinely convinced the Flash was their big ticket to regaining momentum despite everything because they cleared all the Snyder detritus out of the way (like the black lead) while the newer/less delusional half realises they have a bomb on their hands and desperately pulled out all the nostalgia grab stops to try to salvage it.

It really is WB's Rise of Skywalker. Called it.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do get the vibe that about half of WB's old management is genuinely convinced the Flash was their big ticket to regaining momentum despite everything because they cleared all the Snyder detritus out of the way (like the black lead) while the newer/less delusional half realises they have a bomb on their hands and desperately pulled out all the nostalgia grab stops to try to salvage it.

Rise of Skywalker actually turned profit despite running on fumes

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

fatherboxx posted:

Clearly, the dead speaks!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Roblox: "somehow zod returned"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

fatherboxx posted:

Point there. And it came out on schedule.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The similarity to Disney burning people out with theatrical Star Wars flicks is pretty similar. Like Shazam 1 was pretty good and generally folks liked it, you also got Michael Keaton himself* and Ben Affleck (the one thing besides Henry Cavill even the most ardent Snyder DCU haters think is great), you got The Rock as a superhero but unlike other superheroes he kills people.

I'm not going to act like making any movie is easy, but on the surface I can see how some execs/etc. at DC were confidant these were sure things, but the level to which they blew it is amazing. It's not just multiverse fatigue either with Flash.

*Plus all that "LOOK AT THIS TIME TRAVELLING MICHAEL KEATON BATMAN MOVIE (that the Flash is also in)!!!!" style marketing

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I think it is less of "multiverse fatigue" and more inability to present the big (way too big for themselves) movies as appointment viewings, be it part of big narrative with mysteries and plot points that you NEED to see in the month of release or just spectacle best enjoyed with a crowd.

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jul 17, 2023

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Neo Rasa posted:

The similarity to Disney burning people out with theatrical Star Wars flicks is pretty similar. Like Shazam 1 was pretty good and generally folks liked it, you also got Michael Keaton himself* and Ben Affleck (the one thing besides Henry Cavill even the most ardent Snyder DCU haters think is great), you got The Rock as a superhero but unlike other superheroes he kills people.

And both even hacked out the black leads' entire arcs and character development to the clear detriment of the movies and series.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

fatherboxx posted:

I think it is less of "multiverse fatigue" and more inability to present the big (way too big for themselves) movies as appointment viewings, be it part of big narrative with mysteries and plot points that you NEED to see in the month of release or just spectacle best enjoyed with a crowd.

Flash especially I would think suffered from this with it being such a known dead end flick.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Apparently the leaked "Snow White and the Seven Unremarkable Individuals" photos are real.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Spermando posted:

Apparently the leaked "Snow White and the Seven Unremarkable Individuals" photos are real.

Unfortunately they can't use this alternate title.

This needs to be seen to believed. The art, the racist stuff, the song...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bTqBiZlnAk

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Why does the off brand Snow White sound like Sade

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

did she demand quills

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

The MSJ posted:

Unfortunately they can't use this alternate title.

This needs to be seen to believed. The art, the racist stuff, the song...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bTqBiZlnAk

:stare: holy poo poo

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Can you make an off-brand version of a public domain character?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

davidspackage posted:

:stare: holy poo poo

Shageletic posted:

Going a bit offtopic but you might "appreciate" looking more of these up, that publisher Phoenix Games put out tons of them. They put out a ton of very low budget games in general but these faux Disney games they did are really something special in the annals of absolute z-grade dogshit games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zo9a8CPdf0

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

in all srs how did disney not sue them into the ground it was clearly based on their design

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That's far from the only company that did that in the early 1990s. I think Disney mostly ignored them.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

That's far from the only company that did that in the early 1990s. I think Disney mostly ignored them.

I remember seeing ads on TV for them, they'd be sold in cheapo general kind of stores that also had a VHS bin. But you'd see ads on TV like order "POCAHANTAS" at this toll free number today kids!!! and it was a similar level of like Disney musical but not quite.

And yeah this stuff was so small (and not online the way it would be today so it's not like any of those were going to go viral or whatever) that I doubt Disney cared.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The MSJ posted:

Can you make an off-brand version of a public domain character?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

This cricket's totally harshin' me bro :( Oh hey it's Sam Kinison and his parents!

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Neo Rasa posted:

I remember seeing ads on TV for them, they'd be sold in cheapo general kind of stores that also had a VHS bin. But you'd see ads on TV like order "POCAHANTAS" at this toll free number today kids!!! and it was a similar level of like Disney musical but not quite.

And yeah this stuff was so small (and not online the way it would be today so it's not like any of those were going to go viral or whatever) that I doubt Disney cared.

Way back in the early 2000s a friend of mine rushed home and told her boyfriend that she managed to get Aladdin on DVD, for cheap! And her then-fella, being a Disney aficionado, said, “But sweetheart, Aladdin isn’t out on DVD.” “Then what did I order…?”

Friends, this was it. They sat through half of it in baffled silence, then turned it off, and later gave it to me :q:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

On Cinema covered this in their stirring Tribute to Pinocchio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9oGi_PvnUo

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

This cricket's totally harshin' me bro :( Oh hey it's Sam Kinison and his parents!

not quite the 90s comic you're looking for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ArXSwALDU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Shageletic posted:

not quite the 90s comic you're looking for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ArXSwALDU

15m15s (they did a few segments and his folks would pop up now and then so it stuck out in my mind lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1ghM7sF1FM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Filmation got into legal trouble with Disney for doing a couple of super cheap movies implied to be sequels to the Snow White and Pinocchio. Part of a larger strategy to cash in on confused kids and parents that thought they were seeing Disney movies.