Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are your gaming plans for the summer?
This poll is closed.
Win at video games 37 23.72%
Hone gaming skills 27 17.31%
Unlock hardcore mode achievements 14 8.97%
More grinding 24 15.38%
Post about video games 54 34.62%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

If Outlaws really is the recycled corpse of Beyond Good and Evil 2 that actually kinda makes me want it more

Yeah! I saw people else where pointing out that many of the animations are exactly the same as what was seen in BG&E2 footage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

Outlaws actually really does look like it might be good?

Nah just looks like more of the same but in space

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

I said come in! posted:

I know we hate UBISoft with a passion on this forum, but Outlaws actually really does look like it might be good?

They're not terrible as long as you set your expectation accordingly.

That is to say there are 4-5 planets but expect them all to be incredibly samey and full of stupid collectables

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

stev posted:

I like space :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Macichne Leainig posted:

They're not terrible as long as you set your expectation accordingly.

That is to say there are 4-5 planets but expect them all to be incredibly samey and full of stupid collectables

The tower climbing mechanic better be like in Andor, you climb to the top and then have to bang on a drum with two hammers.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

stev posted:

Sounds good

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Star Wars But In Space

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh boy I'm just so tired of all these Star Wars

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Wars on a Star

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You ever notice how in Star Wars, there's actually lots of stars but only one war? It should be Stars War

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thats not true i can name at least four wars

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh yeah? Name five

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

We'll know the franchise is finally out of ideas when they name the gritty ANH reboot The Star Wars.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the first war
the second war
the third war
the fourth war
the other one

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dabir posted:

Oh yeah? Name five
the trade federations invasion of naboo
the clone wars
the galactic civil war
whatever the war in the new ones is called who gives a gently caress
that war in the books that came out in the 90s that no one likes

afraid youve been owned

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

homeless snail posted:

the clone wars
the galactic civil war

Jokes on you this is all one war

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wrong. there are only clones in one of them

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

homeless snail posted:

the clone wars
the galactic civil war
whatever the war in the new ones is called who gives a gently caress
that war in the books that came out in the 90s that no one likes

afraid youve been owned

Alright then it should be stars warts

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I like how "the clone wars" in 1977 was a cool opaque reference that let you imagine all kinds of insane hijinks happening and in 1999 it's "an ordinary war except on one side the cannon fodder infantry is clones"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I said come in! posted:

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1680968285465071616?s=61&t=xMutIr_E_XrNUC9mUNRPLQ

New details about Star Wars Outlaws:
Four, maybe five planets will be available, each one is 2 to 3 times the size of a single zone in Assassins Creed Odyssey, and each planet is handcrafted with no procedural generated content. I know we hate UBISoft with a passion on this forum, but Outlaws actually really does look like it might be good?

So it is starfield without the extra worlds snd fun bethesda stuff?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

We'll know the franchise is finally out of ideas when they name the gritty ANH reboot The Star Wars.

They did this already but it was called Rogue One.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

fun bethesda stuff

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Hwurmp posted:

fun bethesda stuff

Yknow glitches that make NPCs hover a good 15 feet in the air so when you talk to them the camera looks straight up at their crotch or something

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This is Ubisoft it'll have plenty of that

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

they dont call it SPACE Wars

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

haveblue posted:

I like how "the clone wars" in 1977 was a cool opaque reference that let you imagine all kinds of insane hijinks happening and in 1999 it's "an ordinary war except on one side the cannon fodder infantry is clones"

That's been the trajectory of Star Wars for so long. Rogue One was a whole movie of this. We had all we needed to know and see about how Leia on the ship in New Hope got a hold of the Death Star plans. Seeing Rogue One makes New Hope worse because now Vader looks like a fuckin idiot, dancing around doing lightsaber rave moves while rebel soldiers play literal hot potato with a thumb drive with the plans on it they got (from some guy felt kind of guilty about what he was doing and some randos did whatever in cgi scenes) and we caught doing. Not to mention they added plastic faced baby cgi Leia saying the name of the next movie moments before it starts, but now worse.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Star Wars is bad. There, I said it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
But lightsabers are cool so it's a bit complicated

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Also cool Yoda is

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Im so done with swords.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

there's a few good things in star wars. like duel of the fates, that pod racing game, and the Mandalorian season 1

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

there's a few good things in star wars. like duel of the fates, that pod racing game, and the Mandalorian season 1

i heard andor's pretty good, but it's admittedly hard for me to get out of bed for anything star wars-related these days

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Khanstant posted:

That's been the trajectory of Star Wars for so long. Rogue One was a whole movie of this. We had all we needed to know and see about how Leia on the ship in New Hope got a hold of the Death Star plans. Seeing Rogue One makes New Hope worse because now Vader looks like a fuckin idiot, dancing around doing lightsaber rave moves while rebel soldiers play literal hot potato with a thumb drive with the plans on it they got (from some guy felt kind of guilty about what he was doing and some randos did whatever in cgi scenes) and we caught doing. Not to mention they added plastic faced baby cgi Leia saying the name of the next movie moments before it starts, but now worse.

tbf this is better than the old EU death star plans theft which seemingly involved a dozen separate coordinated heists and half the population of the galaxy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yknow glitches that make NPCs hover a good 15 feet in the air so when you talk to them the camera looks straight up at their crotch or something

Never experienced this or any other Bethesda bug beyond the giant's power smash in skyrim and dead enemies getting stuff in doors causing model distortions in Oblivion.

They always worked for me.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Im so done with swords.

what about a sword at the end of a long pole

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Vermain posted:

i heard andor's pretty good, but it's admittedly hard for me to get out of bed for anything star wars-related these days

That's usually why I just watch TV in bed

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm also not a PC player who feels the need to immediately edit ini files as soon as I get a new game. Possibly why I never run into game breaking bugs.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Vermain posted:

It's good because it's not about Star Wars, it's about injustice and revolution in a setting that just happens to be star warsian.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

what about a sword at the end of a long pole

Sounds awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jay Rust posted:

Im so done with swords.