Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i saw the peeking alien scene from communion in some disconnected fashion when i was younger and it really stuck with me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIklVMxByGc

wish id seen the actual film at the time so i couldve known it turns into this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNK75Qj1M0E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

aliens sucked me off???

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

oh actually I got super freaked out as a kid by some experience at Disney World where you sit down and get strapped in and it's like you're living through an alien attack and they spray stuff on you and poo poo like that

that was way too much for eight-year-old me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

grieving for Gandalf posted:

oh actually I got super freaked out as a kid by some experience at Disney World where you sit down and get strapped in and it's like you're living through an alien attack and they spray stuff on you and poo poo like that

that was way too much for eight-year-old me

You must mean the ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter. I did that when I went to WDW as a teen, it was actually pretty freaky

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

aliens sucked me off???

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Thing I Was afraid of as a Child:
- asteroids
- supervolcanoes
- bird flu (lol how'd that one turn out jackass)
- a misunderstanding of quantum immortality that had me convinced I had already died and my loved ones were not my own
- being racist

i was extremely scared of being in the bathtub and then having the bottom disappear and falling into a dark ocean like clipping through the ground in Morrowind

also was really scared of the nutcracker in the Great mouse detective and for some reason thought that it would hide behind a shower curtain and get me so every time I went into the bathroom I would whip the shower curtains up really fast to make sure the nutcracker wasn't there

idk why i so many of my fears were related to tubs

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

i truly hate youtube

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

FirstnameLastname posted:

i was extremely scared of being in the bathtub and then having the bottom disappear and falling into a dark ocean like clipping through the ground in Morrowind

also was really scared of the nutcracker in the Great mouse detective and for some reason thought that it would hide behind a shower curtain and get me so every time I went into the bathroom I would whip the shower curtains up really fast to make sure the nutcracker wasn't there

Goons? Afraid of bathing? Why I NEVER.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

FirstnameLastname posted:

lol

kids are so stupid

its great

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You must mean the ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter. I did that when I went to WDW as a teen, it was actually pretty freaky

that's loving it! it had me hollering as a third grader lol

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I hate that because of this thread I've been sitting here remembering every single bit of innocuous film and video game that gave me the banshees growing up. Although being afraid of the Fluke Man sucking out my entrails through my butt when using the toilet is still a valid fear, you always gotta check for the Fluke Man.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
im glad to learn im not the only one who developed a fear of vacuuming up the vacuum cord because of brave little toaster

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
cruel man fluke

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
we watched Watership Down in school in like the third grade and I still don't understand why the teacher thought that was a good idea

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

cruel man fluke

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

When I was a toddler I would run screaming "not the mask!" whenever the trailer for Jim Carrey's The Mask would come on TV. Every time.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
in fairness i developed a fear of vaccumming the cord early becuase the smell of "rubber burnt on the vaccuum roller" fuckin stinks

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

cruel man fluke

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Professor Latency posted:

When I was a toddler I would run screaming "not the mask!" whenever the trailer for Jim Carrey's The Mask would come on TV. Every time.

If only somebody had stopped him...

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Violen posted:

lol

kids are so stupid

its great

also had a fear of unknowingly being in a scene of an actual horror movie when I was somewhere spooky so I would say a bunch of conflicting brands like coca cola/pepsi, sony/nintendo, dreamworks/pixar because I figured that would mean i couldnt be dying in the horror movie scene due to sponsorship conflicts lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
my kid cousin was visiting from across the country and we let him watch silence of the lambs. then we gave him back to my aunt and she had to deal with a kid who wouldn't go in elevators anymore

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

hell i do that today

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
this is my favorite example of disquieting material in childrens media because its just a claymation variety show adapting mark twain literature for grade schoolers which goes totally smoothly until they land on the mysterious stranger and then its like, well i mean, we've come this far, we have to include it now (correctly because their interpretation is exceedingly fad)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpaRouocBes

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

my older brother was running down costco pushing a shopping cart with me in it and as we rudely bumped past a lady i shouted "MOVE IT OR LOSE IT SISTER!" like jim carrey from dumb & dumber.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Been getting really into DQX....

slime knights ftw.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Snow Cone Capone posted:

This was a really intense scene for a 5 year old watching a cartoon movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leCCjuw4GdE

That's because Don Bluth gave zero fucks about what would and wouldn't scare people

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

dragon quest is great

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPcWhLT6ysc

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

boba's photo of a sandwich was too appetizing so I'm cancelling her forever sorry it's harsh but it had to be done

Gutting the competition, or what?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Tonight I think I am going to make BLTs for dinner and play Gloomhaven

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

We used to go to the lake every summer when I was a kid, and I’d get a weird sense of dread whenever we went swimming that there was something lurking at the bottom of the lake.

I told my cousins about that when we were kids, and they were mostly supportive at the time, but the next summer they made sure to bring Lake Placid as a rainy day movie.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

B33rChiller posted:

Gutting the competition, or what?

sammitches are serious biz, pal

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

the board game or the video game or the ttsim

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

hell yeah

getting ready to take kiddo for a routine dentist checkup then treating him to a happy meal

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Violen posted:

this is my favorite example of disquieting material in childrens media because its just a claymation variety show adapting mark twain literature for grade schoolers which goes totally smoothly until they land on the mysterious stranger and then its like, well i mean, we've come this far, we have to include it now (correctly because their interpretation is exceedingly fad)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpaRouocBes

dated someone who was hosed up as a kid by this, return to oz, and an episode of punky brewster where vincent schiavelli played a talking dismembered corpse in a cave. my response was to lol while not disclosing how insanely scary i thought it was when evil robot bill & ted pulled off their faces in bogus journey when i was like 6

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

4REAL posted:

dated someone who was hosed up as a kid by this, return to oz, and an episode of punky brewster where vincent schiavelli played a talking dismembered corpse in a cave. my response was to lol while not disclosing how insanely scary i thought it was when evil robot bill & ted pulled off their faces in bogus journey when i was like 6

the gently caress

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kild posted:

the board game or the video game or the ttsim

The video game just to cut back on the setup / teardown time

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

4REAL posted:

an episode of punky brewster where vincent schiavelli played a talking dismembered corpse in a cave.

drat i missed a wild episode of punky brewster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I was fine with all this stuff as a kid but for some reason Dr. Seuss cartoons scared the poo poo out of me