Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

thotsky posted:

Like, how much? Trace amounts of blood from your prostate, or indeed from nicking your urethra, is not terribly uncommon. Most STIs have an incubation period, but definitely get checked.

Well my semen was red and bloody, but urine is normal. I was thinking maybe it's something to do with my testes anatomy seeing as I've had tortion before so maybe there's some fucky stuff going on down there from mild trauma. My balls ache a bit.
It's been over two weeks since I've had unprotected sex with this girl so if I do have any issues it will hopefully get picked up on the test I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

https://youtu.be/7W35dyPTh6o

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Let chaos reign.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
Is there a recommended site for toys?

Maybe something owned by members of the LGBTQ community or people of color vs just buying crap from Amazon?

Specially, we’re looking into getting some restraints.

Thanks

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I don’t know the exact ownership structure, but the team at unboundbabes.com has queer and POC folks

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

dexter6 posted:

Is there a recommended site for toys?

Maybe something owned by members of the LGBTQ community or people of color vs just buying crap from Amazon?

Specially, we’re looking into getting some restraints.

Thanks

https://heyepiphora.com/epiphora-approved-sex-toy-shops/

e: Fair warning if you click the link, dildos inside. So don't click while you're at work lol

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

whydirt posted:

I don’t know the exact ownership structure, but the team at unboundbabes.com has queer and POC folks

If you check ohjoysextoy (review webcomic) they’re extremely Queer/POC friendly and should have links to good shops.

Edit: Don’t do this. See below.

Pilfered Pallbearers fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 16, 2023

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

If you check ohjoysextoy (review webcomic) they’re extremely Queer/POC friendly and should have links to good shops.

she's uhhhh problematic

https://oracledelphii.tumblr.com/post/159265101251/charadreemurr-nate-why-do-you-hate-erika-moen

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
That blog seems a bit over the top. I mean, even if you agree with the general thesis that cis people shouldn't "play" with gender expression, how is it the comics fault that strapless strapons are not particularly good for loving?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Oh no.

I was unaware of these issues, apologies. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Those things are all exceptionally lovely. Probably worth outright disregarding someone who appears to have some unresolved issues related to their sexuality and uses it to hatefully lash out against LGBTQ+ folks.

thotsky posted:

That blog seems a bit over the top. I mean, even if you agree with the general thesis that cis people shouldn't "play" with gender expression, how is it the comics fault that strapless strapons are not particularly good for loving?

To be fair to the blog post, a lot of those things are downright gross. The blogger is also quite clear that the strapless thing is purely a personal gripe and a comment on Erika’s sketchy, unethical monetization practices rather than something concrete everyone should be mad at.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

It's my first time in this thread!

For fun, along with some other stuff, i ordered a sampler of lubes and... holy poo poo... some lubes are way, way better than others and I never knew that. I've been buying cheap amazon lube in big bottles for years now and thought all lubes got tacky and sticky after a while and you needed to just reapply. Not so, apparently.

So question: I tried Wicked's "Ultra" lube, and it's amazing... but it's $15 for a 2oz bottle. Is that a lot? it feels like a lot. Do I just use that much less of it, or is it expensive because it's so good? Are there better alternatives for lubes that are silky and glidey like that? I'm down to explore because honestly, it enhanced both solo and partner play so much I feel like it's worth checking out.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

spouse posted:

It's my first time in this thread!

For fun, along with some other stuff, i ordered a sampler of lubes and... holy poo poo... some lubes are way, way better than others and I never knew that. I've been buying cheap amazon lube in big bottles for years now and thought all lubes got tacky and sticky after a while and you needed to just reapply. Not so, apparently.

So question: I tried Wicked's "Ultra" lube, and it's amazing... but it's $15 for a 2oz bottle. Is that a lot? it feels like a lot. Do I just use that much less of it, or is it expensive because it's so good? Are there better alternatives for lubes that are silky and glidey like that? I'm down to explore because honestly, it enhanced both solo and partner play so much I feel like it's worth checking out.

is it silicone or water-based? Have you tried other silicone lubes?

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I've just started going on dates with a woman who told me she got genital sores from HSV1 about 18 months ago. I read the link regarding herpes in the OP but I just wanted to clarify a couple things. Apparently a large number of people with HSV1 just never get symptoms, so I may already have it and never shown a sign, right? Does the fact that she specifically had a genital outbreak mean that I could then get one if we had sex, and then that's just something I have? Or if I already have the virus from when I was a kid or whatever, I already have the antibodies, and it's a non-issue.
That being said I don't even know if I've ever been exposed to HSV1, so I may not have antibodies. I've read I could still get the virus and an outbreak through sex, even with a condom, because there's still lots of skin touching and whatnot. But since her one outbreak was 18 months ago, is that a non-issue.

Basically this sucks and I'm looking for a way to make this work.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If she has it and you don’t, yes, it’s possible you could contract herpes on your junk even using a condom and even if she’s not having an outbreak at the time.

Step 1, imo, is to go get yourself a herpes blood test. It’s not part of the standard panel, but it’s definitely a test that exists and can easily be done. Step 2 might be her talking to her doctor about antivirals if she isn’t on them already.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
Is she on medication? Because if so outbreaks are much less common and contagious.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

Xand_Man posted:

is it silicone or water-based? Have you tried other silicone lubes?

It is silicone-based and apparently I've been using water-based lubricant for... my entire sex life.

Are all silicone based lubes that glidey and non-tacky? If so, neat. I have some mild sensory issues and sticky hands from water-based lube has always been annoying after the fact.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

spouse posted:

It is silicone-based and apparently I've been using water-based lubricant for... my entire sex life.

Are all silicone based lubes that glidey and non-tacky? If so, neat. I have some mild sensory issues and sticky hands from water-based lube has always been annoying after the fact.

Silicone lubes tend to be the best other than their annoying habit of liquifying sex toys, and at least one person I know has complained that they never wear off, and you are just stuck slick for a certain amount of time whether you like it or not

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Silicone based lube is generally better texture-wise compared to water because it's non porous, so doesn't really go tacky or absorb into the skin. A little goes a long way, it also tends to have a higher price point since the materials aren't cheap. The only catch really is that if you're going to be using basically any toy with a porous surface (essentially, anything that isn't glass or metal or, ironically, silicone toys themselves) there's a chance it'll react poorly and melt the thing/degrade it over time. but it's perfectly fine for condoms or skin-to-skin contact. It can also stain clothes and bedsheets if you're not careful

I haven't checked pricing in years but ID Velvet used to be cheaper than Wicked Ultra and just as good imo

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Silicone lube is slick, but doesn't really provide much in the way of "padding", which might or might not be to your preference for stuff like anal sex. It also means a grain of sand or whatever can get pretty irritating.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

Blood Nightmaster posted:

I haven't checked pricing in years but ID Velvet used to be cheaper than Wicked Ultra and just as good imo

^ A quick google shows it being about 60% of the cost by weight, so I may order that too and try it out.

Thanks everyone for all the helpful advice regarding porosity of toys, butt stuff, staining, all that.. :)

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Silicone lubes are a pain because they stain, can’t be used with toys, and — not mentioned yet but super important — if you get even a drop on hardwood, tile, or the bathtub, it’s a murder weapon. And it can last for like a week+.

There are thicker silicone lubes for butt stuff, but you have to seek them out. You might also want to look into hybrid lubes.

You could look at Sliquid — they have a quiz you can take to pair you with the right one, and/or they have variety boxes so you can sample. Samplers are always more expensive per oz, but once you find the best one, you can buy a bigger bottle for savings.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Seconding Sliquid. I've got three different types of their lube on my bedside and have used a fourth, all with good results. Their Sassy is intended for anal but works well for fisting too ime.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

Silicone lubes are a pain because they stain, can’t be used with toys, and — not mentioned yet but super important — if you get even a drop on hardwood, tile, or the bathtub, it’s a murder weapon. And it can last for like a week+.

There are thicker silicone lubes for butt stuff, but you have to seek them out. You might also want to look into hybrid lubes.

You could look at Sliquid — they have a quiz you can take to pair you with the right one, and/or they have variety boxes so you can sample. Samplers are always more expensive per oz, but once you find the best one, you can buy a bigger bottle for savings.

I did just get the sliquid silk hybrid and for butt stuff it dries out way way too quick. Honestly, even not butt stuff it was drying out within 1 minute on a silicone toy.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

I did just get the sliquid silk hybrid and for butt stuff it dries out way way too quick. Honestly, even not butt stuff it was drying out within 1 minute on a silicone toy.

This might be something you already know, but if you add a little water the slickness will come right back?

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Hybrids are a good compromise if you want something with more longevity than water but less possible mess/cleanup than straight silicone. When I still worked at a sex store we used to sell a lot of JO and Wicked brand. Swiss Navy and ID are on the cheaper side, like they work but your mileage may vary on actual quality, Sliquid was also popular but we didn't carry it.

For future reference, if you look at the ingredients list on any given lube and find dimethicone as well as water, that's a hybrid. Dimethicone and no water is silicone. Some hybrids will use stuff like coconut oil instead of dimethicone but those won't play nice with toys or condoms, so just a heads up on that. You could also try water bases with aloe vera (like Waterslide or Gun Oil, Wicked Aqua has it as well), that tends to be better than traditional waters

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Seconding Sliquid. I've got three different types of their lube on my bedside and have used a fourth, all with good results. Their Sassy is intended for anal but works well for fisting too ime.

It's possible that it's just because I got it from cheaplubes.com or something, but I got a bottle of Sassy intending to use it for butt stuff, but it's super thin and tacks up in no time. Like I guess the bottle could be mislabeled? I could have sworn I tried the sampler at a local sex toy store and it was nice and thick, but this stuff is not. I'm slowly working my way through it, but it's honestly pretty bad.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I wouldn’t use water-based lube for butt stuff if oil or silicone are on the table

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Organic Coconut Oil. Highly recommended.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

MightyJoe36 posted:

Organic Coconut Oil. Highly recommended.
Coconut oil can kill the natural bacteria found in the area, which in turn can increase the risk of getting bad bacteria.
In addition, all vegetable oils can mess with the pH levels and clog pores.

There are so many good lubricants that can be used nowadays, it's just a question of finding the right type that works for the kind of play the participants want to engage in.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah we used coconut oil for years before we switched to Sensuva, it's fine and good actually

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

Yeah we used coconut oil for years before we switched to Sensuva, it's fine and good actually
I mean, it's not like it will gently caress up things guaranteed, there's just an elevated risk.

It's probably fine for most people, but why risk it if you can buy great lubes?

In the past I've resorted to using various types of organic vegetable oil, when there was nothing else available - but it's not the first thing I reach for with any partner.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

There's also a whole thing around osmolality of (water-based) lubes. A lot of lubes can draw water out of sensitive skin by osmotic pressure, making it more prone to damage.

Also vaginal pH is fairly acidic, while rectal pH is neutral, so you ideally want a different lube for each, with roughly the correct pH.

There's a whole lot of :science: in the below article from the WHO, including a table of a bunch of lubes they tested (most of which have way too high osmolality).

https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/76580/WHO_RHR_12.33_eng.pdf

I believe some of the better lubes now have osmolality and pH values you can look up.

hypoallergenic cat breed
Dec 16, 2010

If you're looking for cheap and effective for butt play you can't go wrong with J-Lube in my experience. It does have some sugar in it which may be an issue if it gets in/near vaginas. X-lube is supposedly the same as J-Lube minus the sugar but I personally have no clue what it's like.
Approx $25 for 6gal of lube since it's powdered and you mix it up yourself.

hypoallergenic cat breed fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 19, 2023

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

That’s interesting but without any data on the relative risk of the different water/based lubes or providing a list of brands that fit their criteria I’m not sure how useful it is.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Also whoever discovers a silicone-based lube or a functional equivalent that doesn’t damage soft toys and is equally body safe should get a Nobel Prize, imo

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

whydirt posted:

That’s interesting but without any data on the relative risk of the different water/based lubes or providing a list of brands that fit their criteria I’m not sure how useful it is.

They advise against any lube with >1200 mOsm/kg and provide a table at the end of the document with osmolalities for a range of popular brands.

Here's another post gathering together some tables from various studies:

https://womensvoices.org/osmolality-ph-properties-commercial-lubricants/

e.g. Sliquid Organic has a really low osmolality (106 mOsm/kg) which is great, but a fairly neutral pH, so probably better suited to butt than vaginal use.

edit: actually, on Googling, here's someone who went and tested a whole bunch of lubes and then categorized them according to the WHO criteria in that guidance I posted:

https://phallophilereviews.com/ph-balanced-lubricant-guide-safety/#Complete_pH_Osmolality_Ratings

Lead out in cuffs fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 19, 2023

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Lead out in cuffs posted:

edit: actually, on Googling, here's someone who went and tested a whole bunch of lubes and then categorized them according to the WHO criteria in that guidance I posted:

https://phallophilereviews.com/ph-balanced-lubricant-guide-safety/#Complete_pH_Osmolality_Ratings

... and then goes ahead and recommends coconut oil as anal lube. Yeah, it feels a bit slick on your fingers, but it absorbs quick and does not really allow for thrusting. Like, have they ever given a massage? Your hands are not slipping all over someone's back are they? Also guaranteed to go everywhere and stain your bed.

Use silicone lube for your butt if you're not using a silicone toy and you like the feel of it. Otherwise look into your water-based options.

A lot of people don't have much trouble even with objectively bad lubes, but if you're sensitive there's no guarantee even something pretty nice like Sliquid won't sting.

There are a couple of low osmosity water based lubes with the right pH for asses. "Probe Thick Rich" is one of these. It's a real simple recipe with three ingredients, and uses grapefruit seed extract instead of the citric acid that Sliquid and a lot of other "natural and safe" lubes go for.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I’m going to abstain from lube until this all gets sorted out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypoallergenic cat breed
Dec 16, 2010

whydirt posted:

I’m going to abstain from lube until this all gets sorted out

Ah good ol' spit, I wonder what the health risks of that are