Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Tonetta posted:

the "real" challenge is a single fight and only because their servers aren't stable & can be trivialized with half a dozen builds even through that

Lol really

I mean I feel for people having connection issues and all but I died to that bitch a thousand times over a number of days and had 3 random disconnects total. Fortunately I use a craftable flask and didn't even go through enough to come close to needing to farm mats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Tonetta posted:

I don't think it's really fair to compare the endgame of a live service that just released to a game with a decade of dedicated development behind it post release. the lack of endgame in d4 would be much less of an issue if the game didn't have a ton of issues stemming from decision makers that clearly have never played an arpg before, or if they even just simply fixed the bands on loot tiers so that tier 1 didn't last all of 20 minutes and tier 6 wasn't literally 90% of the leveling experience.

I agree about the comparison being kind of unfair, even if it's a natural one since they're actually existing competitors, so I don't expect there to be an equivalent amount of content in this game right out the gate or anything. I do hope they open up a bit sooner rather than later about what their vision of the future of the game is like, but if they don't I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if or when I'll feel the desire to play the campaign again. It was good, and the boss fights were too epic to only play once.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
They say what time the patch is supposed to drop tomorrow?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Some time between 00:00 and 23:59

LifeLynx posted:

I wonder if or when I'll feel the desire to play the campaign again. It was good, and the boss fights were too epic to only play once.

Put portals to the campaign boss fights out in the wild as random events so we can do them again without all the bullshit in between.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Has there been any official word regarding seasonal rebirths?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
They confirmed rebirths will not exist for season 1 and wouldn't promise anything for future seasons.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
D4 server maintenance is scheduled from 10:00AM through 1:00PM PST, so that likely is when the patch drops. "During this time, players may experience interruptions of service including disconnects", but it sounds like the game won't be entirely unavailable.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 18, 2023

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

kaxman posted:

Lol really

I mean I feel for people having connection issues and all but I died to that bitch a thousand times over a number of days and had 3 random disconnects total. Fortunately I use a craftable flask and didn't even go through enough to come close to needing to farm mats.

I'll concede that what I consider difficult is drastically different than most, but almost all of my deaths even with probably the worst core skill barb has, was to teleporting back 1-3 characters into a wave or getting an evade half a second after I tried using it, and sending me outside the safe zone. this one is skill specific, but lunging strike would occasionally send you out of the zone when lilleth dodges back out of it, because of a 100ms latency and lunging strike sending you to the targets end location and not where boss currently is on cast. the hitboxes on those waves don't match the visuals either. it wasn't straight disconnects being the issue, but the random stuttering that just happens once every 15 or so minutes but isn't noticeable on other, weak content.

unattended spaghetti posted:

They say what time the patch is supposed to drop tomorrow?

don't think so, but based on their other larger patches, you could probably expect it between 10am to 2pm pst

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

MMAgCh posted:

D4 server maintenance is scheduled from 10:00AM through 1:00PM PST, so that likely is when the patch drops. "During this time, players may experience interruptions of service including disconnects", but it sounds like the game won't be entirely unavailable.

They do live patches now so what’ll end up happening is if you’re suddenly on the new patch you’ll stop being able to access content and likely be met with a “new patch available log yo rear end out” message

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Tonetta posted:

I'll concede that what I consider difficult is drastically different than most, but almost all of my deaths even with probably the worst core skill barb has, was to teleporting back 1-3 characters into a wave or getting an evade half a second after I tried using it, and sending me outside the safe zone. this one is skill specific, but lunging strike would occasionally send you out of the zone when lilleth dodges back out of it, because of a 100ms latency and lunging strike sending you to the targets end location and not where boss currently is on cast. the hitboxes on those waves don't match the visuals either. it wasn't straight disconnects being the issue, but the random stuttering that just happens once every 15 or so minutes but isn't noticeable on other, weak content.

don't think so, but based on their other larger patches, you could probably expect it between 10am to 2pm pst

yeah i don´t get the random stuttering you're talking about, haven't experienced it. my internet is just cable in the rural south, it kinda sucks but my ping is typically 70 which is slightly better. hitboxes felt very consistent but the visual is pretty lovely. but like...if one of your skills is getting you killed because of a thing she unavoidably just DOES during the fight, wouldn't you want to use a different skill?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i havent had it drop but i completely forgot that was a codex aspect and have thrown it on for now until i find a better one thanks!

armor is good, disobedience too, but getting 4x defensive stats on leg and chest will probably be the big jump. + armor %, + % DR, + % DR from close, and either +% DR from far or poisoned if you’re poisoning people. life can be a good fourth roll on helm and a good 5/6th best roll for pants/legs. rogues get decent armor from paragon iirc but i don’t think it’s good enough to get you from one shot to immortal without a focus on DR stuff on those slots

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
also if you all have any tips on making the waves more consistent let me know. i clip every stupid death to the waves i eat and there are plenty of times where i dodge the same way and avoid a wave as times i eat the wave

im more consistently getting into P2, but there are still 1:5 maybe 1:10 times where i die to waves i absolutely am not in the immediately preceding and succeeding runs

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
in just a few hours we will know which class will be the saltiest for S1

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

in just a few hours we will know which class will be the saltiest for S1

Sorcerers got this locked.

Print the shirts

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
as soon as the patch goes live we load up the character with the most progress on maps and statues found right?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shoenin posted:

as soon as the patch goes live we load up the character with the most progress on maps and statues found right?

Season is in 2 days this is just doing whatever balance/bug fix and adding new items/aspect to the Eternal Realm (tm)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Patch patch patch patch patch!!!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shoenin posted:

On top of what Happy Noodle Boy said, I think I saw that you can load up multiple characters and all their progress will port over into S1, but I'm not positive about that.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sorcerers got this locked.

Print the shirts

a smarter man than me will make some sort of joke about shirts and lack of resistance as I do not have the wit

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s today and we have no patch notes. Makes me thing Blizzard is doomed.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

harrygomm posted:

also if you all have any tips on making the waves more consistent let me know. i clip every stupid death to the waves i eat and there are plenty of times where i dodge the same way and avoid a wave as times i eat the wave

im more consistently getting into P2, but there are still 1:5 maybe 1:10 times where i die to waves i absolutely am not in the immediately preceding and succeeding runs

Yeah the waves are just fucky. I'm hoping that fight gets some fixes today. I've had the waves spawn under me and immediately kill me before I could possibly react, I've been killed when it didn't look like they touched me, I've had them spawn in configurations where there was literally nowhere safe to go, you name it. I've also had the camera randomly zoom way mid-fight, making it impossible to see the wave spawns. The fight is hard enough mechanically and has enough rng as it is without dying to bugs regularly.

Also it would be really nice if the camera zoomed out like it does for world bosses so you could actually see the whole circle.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:amen:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Breaking patch news!

Blizzard posted:

Lilith bust grew 3 sizes

:eyepop:

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
I hope announce the release of ver. 1.0

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Blizz says patch notes are dropping "mid-morning" (most likely PST, so early afternoon EST).

Also, there will be a new uber boss in Season 1. They didn't specify if the new malignant boss is supposed to be an uber boss or if it is something different.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Blizz says patch notes are dropping "mid-morning" (most likely PST, so early afternoon EST).

Also, there will be a new uber boss in Season 1. They didn't specify if the new malignant boss is supposed to be an uber boss or if it is something different.

umm yo ugot a source for this my guy??

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
preemptive :rip: to my bone spear bros, too beautiful and braindead a build for this sweet sanctuary

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

umm yo ugot a source for this my guy??

quote:

Looking back at Diablo 3 seasons, we did so much so I hope players will be pleasantly surprised with how much new content they're getting with new powers, uniques, and the new storyline. And we're adding a new Uber Boss that will help make endgame content fresh.

https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/news/new-uber-boss-confirmed-for-season-1-diablo-4-334114

https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/1681091191612538880

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

On top of what Happy Noodle Boy said, I think I saw that you can load up multiple characters and all their progress will port over into S1, but I'm not positive about that.

This is correct, its additive between all the characters you log into. So if you have a character thats discovered all of Scosglen, and a character that's only discovered all of Kejistan, logging into both will discover both zones for every character going forward.

There also isn't a cutoff period for this, but its only active after today's patch.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This is correct. Every character you log in with will have their altar and map progress added to your account altar and map progress (separate for softcore and hardcore). New characters created will inherit your account altar and map progress

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

thanks

seems like the new uber boss is something they should have announced during the S1 livestream lol.. unless i missed it cause i kinda tuned out in between rod fergusson's boomer quips

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

And here I thought the concatenate joke was, uh, a joke.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patch notes gonna drop at 7:06 AM West coast time, the most devilish time

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

thanks

seems like the new uber boss is something they should have announced during the S1 livestream lol.. unless i missed it cause i kinda tuned out in between rod fergusson's boomer quips

they did, and you did. its even on the website

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

CBD Corndog posted:

they did, and you did. its even on the website

They never specified it was an uber boss on the stream (or website), though. It seems likely that he is the new uber boss, but they never announced there was one until last night.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I wonder if they'll add WT5 to this new season.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

George H.W. oval office posted:

Breaking patch news!

:eyepop:

You really have to give more attention to the rear end if you want to make it pop in the top-down perspective

My guess for the patch is bone spear necro gets fuxx0red

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Season 1: all druids all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I hope so