Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mean Baby posted:

Stranger. Of. Paradise.

I've been waiting for a good sale. Nioh had the advantage of I boguht it for like 10 bucks years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

lol battlebit rules i just go medic, prone in some cover near a fight, and hold down 3

im dogshit at shooters so thats my strat until they add icbm subs

another fun way to play is to roll engineer and lob RPGs at blobs of enemies

TRIPLE KILL!

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

I need something for when my friend Im co-oping Dark Souls with isn’t available, and I nevergot that far into Nioh.

nioh has endless loot garbage so that makes it a bad game, sorry

same with the sequel even tho its kinda fun

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

play Sekiro

now theres a good game

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

I've been waiting for a good sale. Nioh had the advantage of I boguht it for like 10 bucks years ago.

Makes sense. I’m surprised there hasn’t been a good sale on it yet. I’ve played Nioh, Nioh 2, and Wo Long and SoP is worth more than all three combined

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Grapplejack posted:

So I've basically finished Dave the diver. My thoughts are that it's a good game but the pacing is kind of hosed up; additionally, they should give you GYAO! Immediately when Sato shows up or remove it from the fishdex.
yeah GYAO should have showed up at the beginning. since it was so late, I didn’t bother

and yeah it was kinda my bad but I was hoping for an extra 4+ hours after they introduce the vegetable mechanics. felt like maybe it ended a little too soon for my liking, though it’s also not truly the end but I usually lose interest once I finish main quest stuff

top S-tier game tho

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Strangers of Paradise also has endless loot garbage

no fuckin thanks

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Mean Baby posted:

Makes sense. I’m surprised there hasn’t been a good sale on it yet. I’ve played Nioh, Nioh 2, and Wo Long and SoP is worth more than all three combined

I'll kill Chaos like a year from now.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Xaris posted:

yeah GYAO should have showed up at the beginning. since it was so late, I didn’t bother

and yeah it was kinda my bad but I was hoping for an extra 4+ hours after they introduce the vegetable mechanics. felt like maybe it ended a little too soon for my liking, though it’s also not truly the end but I usually lose interest once I finish main quest stuff

top S-tier game tho

it would be really great if the fish farm provided the rare fish components instead of having to grind them, I'd love to try all the upgraded weapons but no way im killing giant trevallys for hours

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Robo Reagan posted:

lol battlebit rules i just go medic, prone in some cover near a fight, and hold down 3

im dogshit at shooters so thats my strat until they add icbm subs

if you think that you are dogshit at shooters then you're already doing better than a lot of the playerbase

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Strangers of Paradise also has endless loot garbage

no fuckin thanks

You can pretty much ignore it. However…

The loot looks loving cool.
There are lots of really fun builds you can make.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Mean Baby posted:

You can pretty much ignore it. However…

The loot looks loving cool.
There are lots of really fun builds you can make.

im holding the square button to dismantle this worthless post into its base components but it wont go away, must be a quest item....

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Frog Act posted:

So is Jagged Alliance 2 good to go without any mods? I see a lot of references to vanilla 1.13 and the steam version has shitloads of negative reviews because they rolled it back to a previous one, or something, so I bought the GOG version which seems to be the correct one. Is there a fan patch or whatever that's like 100% necessary or can I just hop in?

JA2 1.13 is a Kitchen Sink mod, the "normal" game is complex as is and the mod complicates things even further

I say play without the mod first, especially since some of the 1.13 changes make the game hard as balls (the biggest is counter attacks on any settlement you capture are like 5 times bigger)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

So I've basically finished Dave the diver. My thoughts are that it's a good game but the pacing is kind of hosed up; additionally, they should give you GYAO! Immediately when Sato shows up or remove it from the fishdex.

I didn't even start it until after the end because every single stormy night for me was on a special ingredient day lmao. I'm not too upset, it was a 95/100 game for me so I'll just get the 100% with the DLC

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

im holding the square button to dismantle this worthless post into its base components but it wont go away, must be a quest item....

I knew you’d start spouting bullshit from the second I saw you.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Mean Baby posted:

I knew you’d start spouting bullshit from the second I saw you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr28q_883a0

lol ok, at least the writing in this game is pretty entertaining

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

JA2 1.13 is a Kitchen Sink mod, the "normal" game is complex as is and the mod complicates things even further

I say play without the mod first, especially since some of the 1.13 changes make the game hard as balls (the biggest is counter attacks on any settlement you capture are like 5 times bigger)

Cool thanks, everyone online talks about it like the game is only worth playing with 1.13 but I don't want to smash my dick with a hammer over and over so I'll try vanilla

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So I'm reading some more and a lot of people insist 1.13 is still good for first time players because of "editors" and the option to turn off the "Drassen Counterattack", but also almost always with the qualifier that 1.13 is like a different game in so many ways it can't be compared to vanilla etc. However, there are a good number of posts mentioning Stracciatella, a vanilla+ mod for JA2. Anyone familiar with this? Seems like it might be ideal for a first playthrough

https://ja2-stracciatella.github.io/

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

LISA is now on Switch, part of the definitive edition that just launched I suppose because I know it wasn't on the platform before

Time to get (more) Depression

edit - apparently Sony demanded a bunch of stuff be censored for PS4/5 release lol, no clue if the same is true of Nintendo, the eshop is full of smutty garbage

Epic High Five has issued a correction as of 17:34 on Jul 18, 2023

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress you blizzard where are the patch notes

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It's embarrassing, but playing the first game of HLL and seeing my buddies get vaporized by a giant artillery barrage as I was running to join them, my first thought was "Huh, war IS bad." So even though we bounced off it that's stuck with me lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

anyone still playing battlebits?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
nope, games dead

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
we’ve all moved on to the latest and greatest $80 live service game, exoprimal

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Frog Act posted:

So I'm reading some more and a lot of people insist 1.13 is still good for first time players because of "editors" and the option to turn off the "Drassen Counterattack", but also almost always with the qualifier that 1.13 is like a different game in so many ways it can't be compared to vanilla etc. However, there are a good number of posts mentioning Stracciatella, a vanilla+ mod for JA2. Anyone familiar with this? Seems like it might be ideal for a first playthrough

https://ja2-stracciatella.github.io/

I think wherever you are reading this they know way more about the game than anyone in this thread, so just do what they do

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

punished milkman posted:

we’ve all moved on to the latest and greatest $80 live service game, exoprimal

it's on GamePass at least, can't imagine trying to pitch it to a co-op group lol, hard enough when it's a $20 game

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I think wherever you are reading this they know way more about the game than anyone in this thread, so just do what they do

Goa Tse-tung posted:

fair enough. excited to see what all the hubbub is about it seems liable to be a very interesting experience

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I got Stranger of Paradise last week for $20; the PS4 physical edition comes with a free PS5 digital upgrade

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

LISA is now on Switch, part of the definitive edition that just launched I suppose because I know it wasn't on the platform before

Time to get (more) Depression

edit - apparently Sony demanded a bunch of stuff be censored for PS4/5 release lol, no clue if the same is true of Nintendo, the eshop is full of smutty garbage

quote:

In a similar vein, a few more changes were made on PlayStation only in order to launch the game on that platform, but we're happy to say that none of them affect the meaning and intent of LISA. For the PlayStation version of LISA, we’ve added a notice about the protagonists at the beginning of the game. Additionally, cigarettes have been renamed to ‘cigarette candy,’ Joy is no longer referred to as ‘pills,’ and alcohol has been renamed as ‘soda’ in Joyful. Basically, the changes are not a big deal. We just wanted to make everyone aware of it in advance, because we know that LISA fans will notice it as a difference from the original games.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol

Nothing I'd consider a big deal at all, it's just funny to me that of all the releases that got some censoring, it wasn't Nintendo's

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

yeah it's just petty censorship to get around age restriction stuff I bet. stoked to play it again at some point and see what they added/improved

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Sony is extremely weird about stuff on their platform, especially with indie games, but you generally only hear about it from weirdo perverts and obsessed right wingers so people tend to blow it off

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

they run a much tighter ship with their online shop than valve or nintendo, for better or for worse

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I never played that game and all I remember about it is people in Games posting endless screenshots of the bald dude in various locations w/ no commentary

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Grey Fox posted:

I got Stranger of Paradise last week for $20; the PS4 physical edition comes with a free PS5 digital upgrade

It's not 20 bucks here.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
LISA is one of those weird voyeuristic trips through bad times that I just don't understand anymore. There's a lot of media like this that's like depression tourism (Last of Us comes to mind). I remember loving that kind of stuff when I was way younger and thinking it was "more real" or something, more honest about life, but now that I've lived with my own and my wife's depression it's just incomprehensible to me to ever want to experience anything that purposefully brings you down.

Anyway I hope you like the game if you like the game

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

gently caress, ordered a copy for 50 bucks.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

LISA is one of those weird voyeuristic trips through bad times that I just don't understand anymore. There's a lot of media like this that's like depression tourism (Last of Us comes to mind). I remember loving that kind of stuff when I was way younger and thinking it was "more real" or something, more honest about life, but now that I've lived with my own and my wife's depression it's just incomprehensible to me to ever want to experience anything that purposefully brings you down.

I like the game it's funny

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Captain Magic posted:

is it an isekai though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

is it an isekai though?

yes ronald Mcdonald is in it