Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Not according to the title of the new hit Netflix show "Dated and Related."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Norm Macdonald voice
Kirk Cousins, quarterback of the Minnesota Vikings, when asked about the idea of having a gay teammate, said he would "welcome them" but that "nobody's perfect" and that he would "hope to lead them to Jesus".

I know the Bible says judge not lest ye be judged, but this guy sounds like a real jerk!

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

GNU Order posted:

Norm Macdonald voice
Kirk Cousins, quarterback of the Minnesota Vikings, when asked about the idea of having a gay teammate, said he would "welcome them" but that "nobody's perfect" and that he would "hope to lead them to Jesus".

I know the Bible says judge not lest ye be judged, but this guy sounds like a real jerk!

Kirk Cousins is just trying to soften the criticism he'll get with his play and is trying to circulate the nobody's perfect idea now. That's chess not checkers.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GNU Order posted:

Norm Macdonald voice

The one teammate Cousins said he would never lead to Jesus? You guessed it, Frank Stallone.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

IcePhoenix posted:

Probably more spice than Kirk has had in the rest of his life combined

Kirk’s steaks are just a demonstration of his kind and forgiving spirit, he isn’t the slightest bit salty and neither is his food

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Say what you want about Kirk Cousins

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

GNU Order posted:

Norm Macdonald voice

It’s nice that kirk’s looking out for jesus, his (one) gay hispanic friend

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
https://twitter.com/vikings/status/1681350619083464706?s=46&t=m5J1AHu-B_BCiHxU6acSoQ

Big blocky numbers are good

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Thats because your eyesight went from Pops Mgee to Mr. Magoo.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

ZombieCrew posted:

Thats because your eyesight went from Pops Mgee to Mr. Magoo.

McGough you say?

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1681346424955453465?s=20

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Now the Vikings just need the bigger helmet logo

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
the bigger horns would like great on the matte purple

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

ghosthorse posted:

that’ll get you kicked out of the family reunion

* Not valid in Kentucky

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

You know what they say you have to McGough to get off

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/woodwardsports/status/1681844067313778694?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Jets sure have gotten rid of a lot WRs this offseason. :lol:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I’d like to think it’s because they didn’t want to learn Aaron’s super secret Sanskrit sign language for playcalling.

Edit: Not a bad trade for some WR depth early on in lieu of the Jamo suspension.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1681843764011372544?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Gonz fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 20, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They kinda had to go get a WR. Dunno much of anything about Mims, but, cool!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

MJeff posted:

They kinda had to go get a WR. Dunno much of anything about Mims, but, cool!

2nd round pick in 2020; had a nice career at Baylor (61 catches 1,087 yards and 8 TD’s as a sophmore, 55 catches for 794 yards and 8 touchdowns as a junior, and 66 catches for 1,020 yards and 12 TD’s as a senior).

Clashed with Jets ownership and the coaching staff last season regarding playing time, and demanded a trade. Still played the season and was used sparingly.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I don't really understand the trade for Mims, as it seems at best they are trading for WR #5 on their current depth chart.

For a guy who already complained about playing time.

But it's a turbo late pick, but whatever.

Maybe Holmes has a weird thing about trading trash draft picks for WRs.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hizawk posted:

I don't really understand the trade for Mims, as it seems at best they are trading for WR #5 on their current depth chart.

For a guy who already complained about playing time.

But it's a turbo late pick, but whatever.

Maybe Holmes has a weird thing about trading trash draft picks for WRs.
Considering it is conditional on him being on the roster at the start of the season, Jamo is suspended and hasnt shown much in the pros yet, MJJr is 33, Raymond is 28 and short, Reynolds is 28 and seems hot or cold.... doesnt seem like a bad flyer to take.

edit: Especially with how good Ben Johnson seems to be at play design... should be able to put Mims in the right spot to succeed.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

For how cheap it was to get him I think it's worthwhile. Sometimes players just need to be in a different environment to be able to show the talent that got them drafted.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

For how cheap it was to get him I think it's worthwhile. Sometimes players just need to be in a different environment to be able to show the talent that got them drafted.

Mims is going to be going from WR6 in New York to like in the mix for WR3 with Raymond now that Jameson is suspended. They gave up a 6th and got a 7th back. This is the kind of thing the Bears did a few times last year and I thought it was good for them too.

The amount given up also means they don't have any sticker shock associated with Mims so if he loving sucks it up in camp he's probably just cut.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
A 2025 swap of 6h for 7th is basically free if he makes the team and it's a free camp body if he doesn't.

He probably won't make the team anyway.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/HollowayNFLN/status/1682089618500616192

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Speed kills

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Hizawk posted:

Speed kills

No no its the sudden deceleration that kills you

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Looks like the Lions released Badgley, which is a bit surprising. Guess we are going to go back to the kicker dumpster fire that lost us a few games.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/clayharbs82/status/1682074652271689742

drat, gonna be a shame when his hopes and dreams are crushed like every other potentially talented offensive player who plays for this lovely organization.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Parallelwoody posted:

Looks like the Lions released Badgley, which is a bit surprising. Guess we are going to go back to the kicker dumpster fire that lost us a few games.

god I miss Matt Prater, releasing him was Brad Holmes' worst decision by far.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Dexo posted:

drat, gonna be a shame when his hopes and dreams are crushed like every other potentially talented offensive player who plays for this lovely organization.

That's not fair.

There's a chance you finally get a franchise QB and Stafford him

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Parallelwoody posted:

Badgley wasn't a ton better than picking someone off the scrap heap tbh. I do kinda wish we'd just drafted somebody.

They could also be planning to just sign him back after cutting someone else.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 20, 2023

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Hizawk posted:

Speed kills

I, uh, guess good that it wasn’t a dui and he ruggsed someone? 140 at 3am certainly raises a lotta red flags around that tho

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

C'mon man.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Jets sure have gotten rid of a lot WRs this offseason. :lol:

But they added Allen Lazard!

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Dexo posted:

Is he including pick 6s?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

He's counting all yardage in any direction on plays drawn up as passes. So his insane improvised 50 yard runs where he crosses the entire width of the field will count for 100+

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

But they added Allen Lazard!

And Randall Cobb, who was added to the PUP list today. :lol:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gotta say it's a little galling that Rodgers left the team because he didn't think he could win a championship with the roster as provided, only to bring all the old/mediocre players over to his new team.

Apparently Lazard is championship material but Jaire, Clark, Gary, Bakhtiari, and Jenkins aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Gotta say it's a little galling that Rodgers left the team because he didn't think he could win a championship with the roster as provided, only to bring all the old/mediocre players over to his new team.

Apparently Lazard is championship material but Jaire, Clark, Gary, Bakhtiari, and Jenkins aren't.

I mean, he hated the leadership, and those other dudes like he couldn't bring, as they were on contracts.