Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
can't really be upset at the nerf to grizzly rage unstoppable. being unstoppable for 20+ seconds was hilarious but you didn't have to pay attention to anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Tokubetsu posted:

cool, i'll never touch my sorc again lol

Are you not excited to be even more squishy and to chase the sexy new unique that makes your dodge MOVE TO A RANDOM SPOT in a game that is 90% don't touch the bad spot.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

The sorc changes are absolutely baffling

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
All of those new uniques are direct imports of d3 items except for the bow.

Also pretty sure they have no idea what they're doing with the sorc

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Also greed shrines might actually give respectable gold now lmao

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

socialsecurity posted:

Are you not excited to be even more squishy and to chase the sexy new unique that makes your dodge MOVE TO A RANDOM SPOT in a game that is 90% don't touch the bad spot.

They're trying to be cute and replicate the functionality of the Occy from D2. Of course Blizzard being themselves they forgot that it also came with +3 to all skills...

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Devouring Blaze bonus Critical Strike damage reduced from 10/20/30% to 7/14/21%.
Devouring Blaze bonus Critical Strike damage to Immobilized reduced from 25/50/75% to 10/20/30%.

Lmao

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Aspect of Disobedience maximum stacks reduced from 100 to 60, reducing maximum Bonus Armor % from 25%-50% to 15%-30%.

this is real fuckin bad

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
That need to Hamstring just completely hosed like, every single Barb build. To the point where I’m not sure how Barb is even gonna be playable.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Bone spear is probably still going to be the best build with the nerfs to all defenses. It seems like Long range is going to be more of an advantage than ever.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

quote:

Fixed an issue where the "You have cross network play enabled" message was being sent to chat each time a campaign quest objective was completed.

All other patches are only downhill from here.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
this is brutal

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

SettingSun posted:

I'm actually pretty impressed they are keenly aware and are taking a hammer to a lot of the established player meta wrt things like power leveling, crit/vuln stacking, and helltide priorities.

I think they've learned from Hearthstone that shaking up the meta leads to better player engagement. We shall see how it works out in D4.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Field Mousepad posted:

All of those new uniques are direct imports of d3 items except for the bow.

Also pretty sure they have no idea what they're doing with the sorc

Sorc had 20 years of dominance, about time those spell nerds got knocked down a peg or 5.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

SettingSun posted:

I'm actually pretty impressed they are keenly aware and are taking a hammer to a lot of the established player meta wrt things like power leveling, crit/vuln stacking, and helltide priorities.

This changes nothing about the meta. Not using crit+vuln is reducing your damage by multiples. It's just a flattening of damage spikes making all characters feel more clicky.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

flashman posted:

The sorc changes are absolutely baffling

I don’t want to say they’re not playing the class but I’m very curious as to how are they playing the class. Genuinely can’t tell what they want the class to be.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Critical Strike Damage: Reduced by ~17%.
Lightning Critical Strike Damage: Reduced by ~17%.
Critical Strike Damage with Bone, Earth, Imbued, and Werewolf Skills: Reduced by ~17%.
Vulnerable Damage: Reduced by ~40%.

As a lightning Druid that prioritizes vulnerable damage, let me be the first to say BOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is a big nerf to basically every major build. I'm not a scientist but I don't think buffing stat ranges on regular-damage-bucket-increases will compensate.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I wish we saw the malignant gems. Do they all cycle their effects every x second?

With proper graphical indication that could be HiFi Rush league which would be amazing.

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

Orange Crush Rush posted:

That need to Hamstring just completely hosed like, every single Barb build. To the point where I’m not sure how Barb is even gonna be playable.

Ya this is one of the first things that jumped out to me, it's not in the "completely fucks" range for the build I'm using but being able to have permaslow to turn on all CC effects was pretty clutch

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Substandard posted:

Bone spear is probably still going to be the best build with the nerfs to all defenses. It seems like Long range is going to be more of an advantage than ever.

its weird that there were middling buffs to the other necro builds. Nothing immediately jumps out as a clear alternative to bone spear.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Rogue-related, nice that they bumped the bonus for Preparation, though the nerfs to cooldown reduction probably makes it a wash in terms of my spender-only Rapid Fire build. Time to play a few last dungeons and continue tweaking this imbuement/shadow clone spender only build before the season starts and I never play it again :patriot:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Diephoon posted:

After my first read it seems like they're nerfing affixes a lot for crit damage, vuln damage, and pretty much all defenses. Am I reading it wrong or is literally everyone going to be doing less damage and taking more damage this season? Weird to not show the seasonal items assuming they will be powerful enough to offset these reductions.

This is my gut reaction. They may find they tuned way too far. I feel like unless you were using some specific build, most classes didn't feel very powerful at all, which means not fun to play.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Vic posted:

This changes nothing about the meta. Not using crit+vuln is reducing your damage by multiples. It's just a flattening of damage spikes making all characters feel more clicky.

So you're saying that vul+crit will still be the best even after they have explicitly said that they want other damage in play?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Vic posted:

Well yeah it doesn't change much fundamentally but they're definitely signaling that they are attempting to address it.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Brutakas posted:

Hey minion buffs. Nice.
No mention of fixing the broken paragon board though. Lol?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Looking forward to the theorycrafts.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Mayveena posted:

So you're saying that vul+crit will still be the best even after they have explicitly said that they want other damage in play?

I don't see anything that would make the general additive damage affixes compete with an additional multiplier, even after they nerf it by 50% or whatever.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
the hits to CC bonus damage is bad for my sorc build, not very impressive looking changes to the class as a whole IMO. i dont really think this stuff changes the meta at all which. wonder where they're trying to go with this stuff since this just leaves me with more questions

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

exquisite tea posted:

They're trying to be cute and replicate the functionality of the Occy from D2. Of course Blizzard being themselves they forgot that it also came with +3 to all skills...

Yeah occy was always mid and it was only the good +skills, FCR, and magic find rolls that kept it from being garbo

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Substandard posted:

I don't see anything that would make the general additive damage affixes compete with an additional multiplier, even after they nerf it by 50% or whatever.

I'm very interested in seeing how this plays out. I'd love to keep my Druid build, because it's been doing pretty well for me. So if they didn't add enough/reduce the multipliers enough then hopefully I can keep it.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
They also didn’t change any stats on uniques did they, which means that the gloves specifically designed for WW Barb mainly have stats that straight up do not work on WW.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Substandard posted:

They are also changing paragon nodes to give damage bonuses instead to all skills instead of just core skills.

quote:

Additionally, we're changing Critical Strike Damage Paragon Glyphs to empower all damage—instead of only Core Skills—to enable more build strategies.

Those are very significant buffs to any DoT build or build that uses non-core skills. No clue how it all ends up shaking out, though.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Gohr's Devastating Grips now explodes every 2 seconds or after it ends, and its hit cap has been removed.

Gohr's was always just an OK item if you were doing hell tides or low NM dungeons, but this change makes it a lot better for whirlwind barbs. Barbs are still gonna be tanky, it just might take a bit longer for every class to kill stuff. I can see whirlwind barb with gohr's being an OK build season 1. I already did barb up to lvl 98 so I might give minion necro or rogue a spin.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

The only way these changes make sense are if:
--They are balancing solely around people who do content that is too easy for them and want to make it harder (without regard for how ball-smashingly hard these changes have made higher tier content)
--They are balancing around the assumption that malignant gems are going to be super powerful

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

30% nerf to all CDR except for offhands which get a 45% nerf lol. I love not pressing buttons

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

satanic splash-back posted:

Managed to nerf rogue's self heal passive by a huge amount by requiring lucky hit + critical instead of critical alone, not looking good for melee durability.

Yeah that stood out to me as a pretty huge nerf for rogues.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don’t want to say they’re not playing the class but I’m very curious as to how are they playing the class. Genuinely can’t tell what they want the class to be.

They playing it on wt1. You have aspect of control nerfed, devouring blaze halved, big cooldown reduction nerfs and a charged bolt buff lmao.

A buff to aspect of efficiency lol

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Mayveena posted:

Yes because other damage is then multiplied by vul + crit. Boosting other damage will still mean vul+crit will make it be more damage.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

George H.W. oval office posted:

GIVE ME THOSE FUCKIN' NOTES

TAKE THEM BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I don't understand them making overworld enemies go to 5 levels below you before you hit the tier cap - overworld content is piss easy as it is now.
So doing renown/whispers is going to be even more boring and exp inefficient than it is already.

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 18, 2023