Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Monstaland posted:

I bought D2R in a sale some days ago, D2 is the one Diablo I barely played back in the days so I am considering playing the poo poo out of that until S2 starts.

This patch could have been 11/10 this game is redeemed but that will never replace that fact d2 and d2r loving slap hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

That two days where I had my lightning sorcerer set up to melt everything near-instantly was nice. Had a feeling it couldn't last, I was not using a build guide and not super-kitted and the last half of any boss' health bar didn't matter.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Ehud posted:

This could be huge for summon Necros

The Great Feast (Wrathful, Super-World Tier IV): Each Minion drains 1.0-2.0 Essence per second but deals 50-75% increased damage. With no Minions, this bonus applies to you and drains 5 Essence per second.

It's probably what I would run with bonespear also if you can get enough essence generators. another 50-75% damage sounds pretty good. It might make up for the current nerfs!

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
The heart for minion damage seems ok for necro. I remember people talking about paragon boards being busted for summons before? Is that still the case?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
Punishing Speed (Devious, Utility): Your Skills have a 20-30% chance to Knock Down all enemies for 1.25 seconds when that Skill's Attack Speed is higher than 35-20%.

... but one of our main skills where this might be useful doesnt scale with attack speed, despite the gloves for it having attack speed on them

good lord

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Mayveena posted:

I was wondering that myself. I mean, we did it all through D3 and who the hell wants to level up their nth character by slowly going up the levels? In WoW they sell level ups, is that what's coming to Diablo?

If I didn't think they were just bad at their jobs I'd attribute it to a scheme because they don't know how to balance the later stages of the game and just want most people plodding along until 60 or w.e while they do their battle pass

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

flashman posted:

You know the hearts are not going to be good lol.

Why the big xp nerfs? Why obliterate boosting like that...

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

If those heart numbers keep going up as you level them then oh those class changes make sense.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

For Rogue and Sorc specifically:

Revenge (Brutal, Defensive-World Tier III): 10-20% of incoming damage is instead suppressed. When you use a Defensive, Subterfuge or a Macabre skill, all suppressed damage is amplified by 250% and explodes, dealing up to 1360-2040 Fire damage to Nearby enemies.

None of these come close to making up for the loss of 750 armor. Lmao at Prudent Heart. Lmao at Spellbreaking. Lmao at Trickery. Revenge is OK I guess depending on what suppressed exactly means.

I don't know if I'm reading it right but do you take the damage you've suppressed when you use a defensive? Lol

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
16 days until Baldur’s Gate 3

:shepspends:

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

That ain't what the word power level means lol

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

poemdexter posted:

The heart for minion damage seems ok for necro. I remember people talking about paragon boards being busted for summons before? Is that still the case?

I don't think the devs have even acknowledged that they're bugged, let alone fixed them

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

These hearts are actually kind of cool and they should 100% make them aspects after season ends if the mechanic doesnt make it to core

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Was looking for some impressive sorc-specific heart powers in that list, and it all seems kind of yawn. Am I missing something?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Koirhor posted:

I'm told Larian is going in an exciting new direction with bear druids.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

flashman posted:

I don't know if I'm reading it right but do you take the damage you've suppressed when you use a defensive? Lol

No, it is the same effect as one of the gems in D3.

You take 20% less damage and when you use a defensive skill 250% of the total damage that was prevented is used as an AoE damage skill.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mikojan posted:

These hearts are actually kind of cool and they should 100% make them aspects after season ends if the mechanic doesnt make it to core

Yeah those are interesting effects and are similar to what I like about PoE builds.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Most of those Malignant Heart effects are straight cribbed from D3. We're really not going to see anything new and original until season 3 or 4 if this is what they came up with for stuff developed alongside the base game. Assuming they ever bother to try hard enough.

Here's my favorite changes from the patch notes:

quote:

• We have generally reduced the tendency for many monsters to move around in combat, so that melee characters don't have to chase down their enemies as much.

• There is no longer a limit to how many materials you can refine into higher materials at once.
Yes, there is actually a blank line inserted under the "User interface and User Experience" heading.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

No, it is the same effect as one of the gems in D3.

You take 20% less damage and when you use a defensive skill 250% of the total damage that was prevented is used as an AoE damage skill.

Ahh so it's just capped at the fire damage, gotcha.

20 percent Dr is pretty good all the time.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Tarnop posted:

I don't think the devs have even acknowledged that they're bugged, let alone fixed them
Yep. They're simply not paying attention to that issue.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

flashman posted:

If I didn't think they were just bad at their jobs I'd attribute it to a scheme because they don't know how to balance the later stages of the game and just want most people plodding along until 60 or w.e while they do their battle pass

I'm fairly sure it's because players were selling carries for real money. Just like I'm also just as sure the reason we can't trade legendaries is so that players can't sell them for real money.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Koirhor posted:

then another 23 for armored core 6

i cant believe blizzard tricked me into playing one of their games again

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

exquisite tea posted:

I'm told Larian is going in an exciting new direction with bear druids.

You ain't kidding

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

For Rogue and Sorc specifically:

The Lionheart (Brutal, Defensive): You gain 10% Barrier Generation. You Heal 3-7 Life per second while you have an active Barrier.
Revenge (Brutal, Defensive-World Tier III): 10-20% of incoming damage is instead suppressed. When you use a Defensive, Subterfuge or a Macabre skill, all suppressed damage is amplified by 250% and explodes, dealing up to 1360-2040 Fire damage to Nearby enemies.
Prudent Heart (Brutal, Defensive-World Tier III): You become Immune for 2.0-4.0 seconds after you lose more than 20% Life in a single hit. This effect can only occur once every 110 seconds.
Spellbreaking (Brutal, Defensive): After taking Elemental damage, gain 20-40% Resistance to that element for 5 seconds.
Trickery (Brutal, Defensive): When you use a Subterfuge Skill, leave behind an unstable Shadow Decoy Trap that Taunts enemies. The Shadow Decoy Trap will explode after 6.0 seconds dealing 680-1020 Shadow damage. Cannot occur more than once every 5 seconds.

None of these come close to making up for the loss of 750 armor. Lmao at Prudent Heart. Lmao at Spellbreaking. Lmao at Trickery. Revenge is OK I guess depending on what suppressed exactly means.

spellbreaking is hilariously bad considering how resistances don't really even work. i dont get how they managed to gently caress up resistances this badly. anyway, lucky for me i got a few weeks before i really dig into this stuff so maybe some other changes will roll thru

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Diablo 4 will make a lot more sense if you played Lost Ark.

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
A little bummed there's not like, a find party function yet. Are they doing that with season 2?

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

So as a rogue, siphoning strikes does nothing unless my lucky hit chance is 75 or greater? What the gently caress.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

I had my stats saved in some damage spreadsheet that someone linked awhile back.

DPS Modifier for my Level 100 Rapid Fire Rogue:

Pre-Patch: 574.43
Post-Patch: 324.25

So about a 43.5% DPS nerf. Yeesh.

Also, due to the Disobedience nerf, instead of being able to reach the Armor Cap of ~14,000 for NM100 dungeons (where I was already getting wrecked by damage), I now cap out about 3k armor below it. And there is a Lucky Hit requirement for being able to heal with Siphoning Strikes now, so my healing was reduced by about 70%.

WalletBeef posted:

So as a rogue, siphoning strikes does nothing unless my lucky hit chance is 75 or greater? What the gently caress.

No, it's poorly worded in the patch notes. It's up to a 75% chance on Lucky Hit.

So instead of healing whenever you Crit, you heal when you Crit AND Lucky Hit:

Pre-Patch: chance to heal = Chance to Crit
Post-Patch: chance to heal = Crit Chance * Lucky Hit Chance * Skill Lucky Hit Chance

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Vic posted:

Diablo 4 will make a lot more sense if you played Lost Ark.

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us

The funniest part is how well documented it is that the appeal of lost ark is the multi-phase fairly difficult 8man raids, and blizzard was like "Ok space bar dodge and collectibles, we're lost ark now."

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

MMAgCh posted:

quote:

The channel time for the Leave Dungeon ability has been increased from 3 to 5 seconds.
… why, though?

What? Is this real?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
All these tears and panic, I know Stux is somewhere growing more powerful feeding on the psychic energy like Andariel

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

uhm did I skim over the stash search function?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Thursday Next posted:

What? Is this real?

it's very real

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Verviticus posted:

Punishing Speed (Devious, Utility): Your Skills have a 20-30% chance to Knock Down all enemies for 1.25 seconds when that Skill's Attack Speed is higher than 35-20%.

... but one of our main skills where this might be useful doesnt scale with attack speed, despite the gloves for it having attack speed on them

good lord

This is huge for Double Swing. There's a DoT malignant plus vuln damage is getting shifted to all damage in some places so I might try focusing on bleed. The buff to rupture's attack speed boost could be good as well.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Pretty disappointed there aren't any QoL features. Console and controller UX is still awful.

Also can you turn off your character's voice so I don't hear "I'm not ready" every minute?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Well the patch notes helped me determine what I'll be playing for season 1

It's Grim Dawn lol

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

f#a# posted:

Pretty disappointed there aren't any QoL features. Console and controller UX is still awful.

Also can you turn off your character's voice so I don't hear "I'm not ready" every minute?

Yes (otherwise this game would be unplayable)

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

f#a# posted:

There is an option to disable the sound cue yea, not the text afaik

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

Helltide cinder drops better be broken and not an intentional change... After the patch I'm getting maybe 1 max per pack, and an event gave me 10ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

f#a# posted:

Go to sound settings and scroll to the bottom and turn error speech to simple I think, or something. It's that setting though.