Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Doctor Malaver posted:

What would be the best service to get images that would look naturally in a textbook? Something less arty, more in the clipart style, for prompts like this:
"The team worked as quickly as they could to get invoices functioning properly again."

That is not a good prompt. Good prompts tell the AI what specific visual elements you want to see, and what style you want them to be in. Vague ideas like you describe do not tend to get great results—who are "the team"? What sort of work are they doing? How does one get an invoice to function?

Remember, you're telling it what single, static, still image you want to see, not describing a movie scene.

From MidJourney:

"minimalist clipart of a stressed businessman and businesswoman buried in invoices, 1990s clipart, flat style"

"minimalist clipart of a stressed businessman and businesswoman buried in many invoices, piles of paperwork, computers, crying, anger, chaos, 1990s clipart, flat style"

"minimalist clipart of a stressed businessman and businesswoman buried in invoices, yelling, papers, 1990s clipart, flat style"

"flat clip-art of stressed office workers printing invoices, 1980s clip-art, Microsoft clip art, geometric, minimal --no background"

"flat clip-art of stressed office workers printing invoices, 1980s clip-art, Microsoft clip art, papers, screaming, chaos, geometric, minimal --no background"

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jul 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Doctor Malaver posted:

What would be the best service to get images that would look naturally in a textbook? Something less arty, more in the clipart style, for prompts like this:
"The team worked as quickly as they could to get invoices functioning properly again."

BTW unbelievable images ITT, hard to single any one out. I'd enjoy them if they didn't scare me...

Bing.com/create whatever you want style of school textbook drawing

now if you want this for production I think Bing's ToS forbids commercial use not having much like with Stable Diffusion (base, dreamshaper, and anything). They all keep wanted to include the book.Entirely possible someone has a model that knows this, or a Lora.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Antikythera android preparing a ham in style of Mark Ryden

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Stargate SG-1 vs Wormhole X-Treme

not what I expected but very neat.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Thanks for the help.

feedmyleg posted:

That is not a good prompt. Good prompts tell the AI what specific visual elements you want to see, and what style you want them to be in. Vague ideas like you describe do not tend to get great results—who are "the team"? What sort of work are they doing? How does one get an invoice to function?
background"

The challenge here is to use unedited text from the textbook. You feed the engine select sentences from a chapter, as separate prompts, and come later to see if it produced anything useful.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

KakerMix posted:

amazing stuff

Was the prompt, 'OMNI cover'?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Malaver posted:

Thanks for the help.

The challenge here is to use unedited text from the textbook. You feed the engine select sentences from a chapter, as separate prompts, and come later to see if it produced anything useful.

Why though?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Cousin Todd posted:

Why though?

Tech blog images. What image are you going to use for a new CPU review? I know that's something that struggles a lot with finding images or even what to describe the image as.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Those TV shows inspired me, so I dove into the little known ABC TV Sitcom based upon John Carpenter's The Thing.

The Antarctic crew move back home to New York, but one of them is a Thing! Wacky hiking ensure as they try to hide the Thing from the landlord, and try to teach the Thing how to be a human being and not take anyone over! It ran two seasons, the first was closer to the original movie and featured Christopher Lloyd and Matt Frewer, but the ratings were poor, so in the second season they brought in Scott Baio and Shelly Long. It also introduced a new next door neighbor family (of course including a little kid) and a bumbling FBI agent and his team of misfits. The final blow was the awful Christmas episode when Santa Claus showed up. Sadly, only drove away the diehard fans, and the show was canceled mid-season 2.

Join me in remembering this class bit of TV, won't you?

Season 1:

The advertising campaign on buses was controversial.

Second Season:

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Cousin Todd posted:

Why though?

Automation in publishing. :(

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:hmmyes: Many good ones, really like this one.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Was the prompt, 'OMNI cover'?

Using MidJourney, prompt for most all of these I posted this time and the time before is:

"1975 retrofuturistic surreal Agnes Lawrence Pelton and Angus McKie poster featuring" with whatever after 'featuring', exposed brain, bartender, tiled bathroom, mullet man, thanksgiving dinner, etc. The result is always so wild that it isn't even consistent and it is very much one of those esoteric by feel things rather than anything concrete.

Alternatively some are structured like:
"1975 retro futuristic surreal savannah barnes LP cover featuring __________________, in the style of vibrant color gradients, david ligare, cosmic landscape, silkscreen, iconic album covers, charles willson peale, electric color schemes"
with whatever you'd like in the _________________, similar to the other prompt.

No other options toggled besides some of them have --style raw. No --w, no --s, just the prompts. I did, based on your reply, just try "Omni magazine cover --ar 3:4" and got this:

Sedgr posted:

Neat, but different in style.

:hmmyes: Many good ones, really like this one.

Besides this lady

her prompt is
"Constructivism art circa 1915 depicting a neon head light in the dark, , colorful futurism, poster art, crystalcore, iconic album covers, ricoh ff - 9d --style raw"
because that's what MidJourney claimed it wanted to see when I shoved an early image I made earlier with 5.1that I really don't remember what it was using /describe

I know I've said it before and demonstrated it a few times in the thread, but I can not get over how powerful that /describe command is to lay groundwork down and go from there. See something you think is neat, /describe it, go :hmmyes: and turn around and tweak that prompt in whatever direction you'd like. That's what happened here!

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jul 17, 2023

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Here's a good example of how random AI weirdness can inspire story ideas.
These are pics from an "episode" of my sci-fi series. I wanted it to be about how my time traveler character hosed up her future and had to fix it.

Some of my prompts made some time traveler guys who were wearing goofy suits, all in the desert and in the same kind of pose, and they kind of looked like the same, with one being younger. I wasn't trying to specify an actor or anything, it just happened to make them like that. So I made him an "adoring fan" of the main character, and figured he could be trying to duplicate her time machine exosuit (and failing).

But he ends up helping her figure out how to fix the timeline.

After they fix things, he goes off on his own adventures into the future.

Also, those goofy helmets on the inventor guy were created by Midjourney's Zoom Out function. It's become my favorite feature.

ANOMALY Z S1E3: “A Time In Stitches”
Rated TV-MA, 50 min.
After a timeheist somehow creates an apocalyptic future Earth, Zane desperately tries to engineer a chain of events that will repair the timeline. In her attempts, Zane meets her “biggest fan” - Dick Paisley, an eccentric inventor who had tried and failed to recreate Zane's Chronosuit. Zane discovers that Paisley may hold the key to saving the planet.

Roman fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 18, 2023

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I dream of a better world

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Corny. Makes sense.

Corny. Makes less sense, but is quite pretty.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
storybook about a baby seal that eats only doritos and drinks only mountain dew in a magical forest of smiling happy rat families

children's book titled "Harambe's Rampage" about a murder gorilla that eats human flesh

storybook titled "SEAL CRISIS 202X" with a baby seal that eats only doritos and drinks only mountain dew in a magical burning forest

storybook titled: "KIWI CRISIS 202X" about a flaming kiwi bird that attacks military bases

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 18, 2023

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Cornstation is real, I believe in it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
There are still some barn finds out there from the Golden Age of Corn Power.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Bobby Joe Jenkins was bottom bro at Fulton County Federal Correctional until prison life took a sharp turn in... THE SHIV OF POWER, an adult prison novel adaptation by J.R.R. Tookon

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

EDIT
Forgot C O R N

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jul 18, 2023

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

KakerMix posted:

EDIT
Forgot C O R N

your image host sucks

/e: might be on my end, but that's based on a twitter video taking ages to load so lol

stringless fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jul 18, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Grandma is having a fever dream after knitting a portal to Hell last page

Welcome to Hell grandma!

Here you will pay for the gluttony of your baked goods

Behold all that you have lust for

Look at the greed of your Hummel collection!

You are the very definition of sloth! You haven't watched TV in 6 months because you can't find the remote

Your anger, your wrath, just look at you!

oh just a dream!

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Offbrand Muppets and Big Birds.

Dee is a big yellow bird.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Sadly, Sitcom Grandmas all over the neighborhood have been having a tough time ever since their hell portal opened, too. At least most of the little guys that came through are harmless

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

:allears:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

lmao

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I really like the look of those.

My experiments just led me to the corn granny backrooms

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Cousin Todd posted:

I really like the look of those.

Most of them are more or less the following, with the scene descriptions added in:

"35mm sitcom stillframe: annoyed grandma [doing x], monster [doing x], retro, vintage, designed by Jim Henson, tokusatsu, sitcom, monster, creature, 1980s, practical effects, foam rubber, animatronics, suburbs --ar 5:3 --no clown"

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Most of them are more or less the following, with the scene descriptions added in:

"35mm sitcom stillframe: annoyed grandma [doing x], monster [doing x], retro, vintage, designed by Jim Henson, tokusatsu, sitcom, monster, creature, 1980s, practical effects, foam rubber, animatronics, suburbs --ar 5:3 --no clown"

Sweet, thanks! Also lol at " --no clown"
What have you experienced that required adding that!?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Adding in tokusatsu kept making a bunch of weird clown dudes. I think I also had "Ultraman monsters" and "sentai monsters" in there at one point, which probably didn't help. I kept it around because it made for less human results.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Me: Hey MJ, give me "award winning photograph national geographic magazine involving corn, photorealism, HDR, 35mm"

Midjourney:

Me: Not quite, how about, "award winning national geographic magazine picture involving eating corn, photorealistic, HDR, 35mm"

Midjourney:

Me: :what: :wtc: No, "award winning photograph national geographic magazine involving people eating corn, photorealism, HDR, 35mm"

Midjourney:

Me: Midjourney, that's racist, stop! STAAAAHP!

Midjourney:

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Who sang it better?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mTq8cZSfztE
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W3x9d0EIkYU

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

Yes...all was once again peaceful in River City.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
1980s sitcom about grannies and monsters sharing a suburban house: