Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

coelomate posted:

A lot of these changes will make levels 1-50 and maaaaybe 50-70 a bit easier. The better possible rolls for non-crit and non-vuln are more impactful when you don't have an optimized paragon board etc. MATHING you towards crit and vuln.

Blizzard will get a lot of outrage and it's obviously a heavy nerf to optimized high level characters. But I guess that's fine in their eyes since 95% of the playerbase isn't running an optimized high level character?

how do they expect people to clear a nm100 unless they're running one of two or three clearly broken builds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Orange Crush Rush posted:

What are the odds Blizzard totally forgot that Barb got most (like, almost all actually) of its offensive stats from weapons and now Barb is completely gimped for foreseeable future because of this?
Like seriously, compare Barbs Paragon Boards to Necros or Druids, the difference between quality offensive nodes is staggering, but before it mostly worked out due to how weapons could roll.
Now? Uhhh well….

Speaking of which, are they ever going to touch the paragon boards in a patch like this, or is it just way too many knobs and dials to actually adjust?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah F's in the chat for people who were gonna keep playing their Eternal Characters, but it really seems like Seasonal is the way to have the most fun

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Verviticus posted:

how do they expect people to clear a nm100 unless they're running one of two or three clearly broken builds
I don't think they care? You're talking about a fraction of a fraction of the player base of the game.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah F's in the chat for people who were gonna keep playing their Eternal Characters, but it really seems like Seasonal is the way to have the most fun

I want to max out each seasonal gimmick mechanic and keep passing those gimmick items down to my eternal characters until they are literally god

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
there's achievements and such, they do clearly expect people to be able to do it. also, its not actually that hard to change number so people have the expectation that they would be able to

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pork never goes bad posted:

Gamer babyrage used to really get my goat but I gotta say there's something really empowering about realizing that my fun in this sorta game is absolutely independent of yours and so I'm just really excited for season 1! See some of y'all out there. I hope the saltiest among us find some measure of peace.

Congrats on figuring out that's just another form of gamer rage and finding your own peace

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

My Eternal character feels really good, although I do wish I pushed a few more levels before the XP nerf. I'm at 88 right now and it's fun to make poo poo explode but until they add some actually interesting items I can't say I'm overly excited to keep playing him.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

American McGay posted:

I don't think they care? You're talking about a fraction of a fraction of the player base of the game.

They definitely care or they wouldn't go through such lengths to limit the builds that can do it

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Like have an eternal character wearing a maxed heart ring from this season and an infinity runeword from next season or something

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Good Citizen posted:

I want to max out each seasonal gimmick mechanic and keep passing those gimmick items down to my eternal characters until they are literally god
Pretty sure they've stated that seasonal gimmicks will stay seasonal. They don't want a POE situation where in 3 years the base game is a confusing mishmash of 40 different systems.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

American McGay posted:

Pretty sure they've stated that seasonal gimmicks will stay seasonal. They don't want a POE situation where in 3 years the base game is a confusing mishmash of 40 different systems.

Yeah I don’t expect to be able to keep leveling my season 1 heart but are they actually gonna unsocket it and delete it when my character gets booted to base?

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

acumen posted:

was gonna play barb or rogue for s1, anyone who has played either can advise which one got shitstomped harder from the patch?

Rogue probably, due to the nerf to healing? It was already pretty squishy. The skill tree also relies a lot on crit and vuln, and the nerf to xbows +vuln damage was significant. And the nerf to cooldown reduction probably also makes keeping imbuements going a lot more difficult.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Good Citizen posted:

Yeah I don’t expect to be able to keep leveling my season 1 heart but are they actually gonna unsocket it and delete it when my character gets booted to base?

Malignant Hearts will be removed, and any Malignant Sockets will convert to standard Sockets.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

Yes

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Malignant sockets turn into regular sockets I believe. I actually haven't read anything about the season so I don't know how the hearts work, but I remember the question being asked earlier in the thread.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Good Citizen posted:

They said they are going to disappear and the sockets will turn into normal sockets.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Good Citizen posted:

Yes

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Good Citizen posted:

it's what they did with seasonal etheral items in D3

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Oh, booo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cyrano4747 posted:

it's what they did with seasonal etheral items in D3

Well they're not called permanentals now are they.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
(First Day of Season 2, gamers logging on to check out the cool new mechanics & loot)

Oh wait I need to go check on my level 83 guy from 3 months ago lol

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

My hopes for the patch notes:
- Changing non-druid uniques to be worthwhile
- Making Barb not so reliant on 3 boring-rear end shouts to be good
- Significant rework of Sorc because almost all of its skills are poo poo and you just run a full bar of the same defensives

The actual patch notes:
- The Butcher's Cleaver now slows slightly more on a bad roll
- Large nerfs to non-shout sources of damage reduction
- +5% damage reduction on Incinerate. Ice Blades casts slightly faster
- Added All Resists as a stat to shields. Resists will not be fixed until season 2

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So does Druid seem like it'll be hot for the new season? I was torn between that and Sorcerer but it sounds like Sorcerer might still be kinda sucky.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Tiny Timbs posted:

So does Druid seem like it'll be hot for the new season? I was torn between that and Sorcerer but it sounds like Sorcerer might still be kinda sucky.

Sorcerer is a great deal worse than before.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Blood Lance might be back for S1. Aspect of Hungry Blood got a buff not mentioned in the notes. From:

When Blood Lance hits an enemy that is already lanced, it has a [10-20]% chance to fire a Blood Lance at a Nearby enemy

To:

When Blood Lance hits an enemy that is already lanced, it fires a Blood Lance at a Nearby enemy

That combined with overpower indirectly benefitting from nerfs to crit and vuln could make it pretty decent maybe?

I wonder if there are other aspects that got changed and were missing from the notes

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Resistances being broken strikes me as a pretty high priority bug fix. Designing new malignants and adjusting existing balance around a useless stat is pretty goofy.

pork never goes bad posted:

Gamer babyrage used to really get my goat but I gotta say there's something really empowering about realizing that my fun in this sorta game is absolutely independent of yours and so I'm just really excited for season 1! See some of y'all out there. I hope the saltiest among us find some measure of peace.

Gamer Dads still clearing the campaign stay winning.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
How long until season 2 lol

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Doomykins posted:

Gamer Dads still clearing the campaign stay winning.

I helped a friend clear the capstone dungeon this week

... the level 50 capstone dungeon

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
pretty sure I read I just need to login with any eternal character with most progress before creating a season character and it'll transfer, right (map, lilith statues, etc)?

context: won't be able to login/play until Saturday, so after season start.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

What is bugged about resistances?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Pindakaas posted:

How long until season 2 lol

13 weeks give or take

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

rawk cawk posted:

pretty sure I read I just need to login with any eternal character with most progress before creating a season character and it'll transfer, right?

context: won't be able to login/play until Saturday, so after season start.

Yeah, just do it before you make any new characters. Also if your progress is scattered across a bunch of characters rather than one guy with 100% then log into them all

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Enigma posted:

Rogue probably, due to the nerf to healing? It was already pretty squishy. The skill tree also relies a lot on crit and vuln, and the nerf to xbows +vuln damage was significant. And the nerf to cooldown reduction probably also makes keeping imbuements going a lot more difficult.

barb it is, thanks. I imagine the nerdrage will be tempered a bit by how the malignant doodads affect things but still feels bad in any game to see a set of nerfs across the board.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Enigma posted:

"Effectively, this means equipping an item that has a 52.2% Cold Resistance bonus only applies a 2.2% damage reduction from cold damage. "

Kripp Vid about it

Basically even in the most optimistic take possible that Resists are working as intended they're absurdly weak compared to every other defensive option because they stack funny. That's why a lot of Malginant chat for S1 is "how replace 750 armor" for jewelry gem slots.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Can someone link a really fun Druid leveling build to try for the season? I haven't experimented with them yet and have no sense at all what's powerful.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Enigma posted:

They don't do poo poo

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Enigma posted:

They are completely worthless.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

victrix posted:

I helped a friend clear the capstone dungeon this week

... the level 50 capstone dungeon

I just beat that last week.

I don't see the issue. Some of us have kids and other poo poo going on and can't play 6 hours a day :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Substandard posted:

They are completely worthless.

So they added Season 1 mechanics that work with resistances that won't be fixed until Season 2?

quote:

Spellbreaking (Brutal, Defensive): After taking Elemental damage, gain 20-40% Resistance to that element for 5 seconds.