Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

Tarnop posted:

Yeah, just do it before you make any new characters. Also if your progress is scattered across a bunch of characters rather than one guy with 100% then log into them all

Ah, didn't know about this additive part, thanks! I'll be logging in to them all then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
i'm thinking of going blood lance necro for S1

but there's a potential frozen orb build for sorc with the malignant hearts that's calling to me...

YEAH IM THINKING IT'S SORC AGAIN

sorc gang stay strong we'll get through these tough times

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

American McGay posted:

Pretty sure they've stated that seasonal gimmicks will stay seasonal. They don't want a POE situation where in 3 years the base game is a confusing mishmash of 40 different systems.

They'll walk this back, I think. Once the honeymoon phase is over, and people have played a bunch of classes, it's going to take more than a seasonal gimmick to keep people coming back. POE has so much content, it keeps everyone replaying for over a decade now with people all excited for each season still.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Tiny Timbs posted:

So they added Season 1 mechanics that work with resistances that won't be fixed until Season 2?

Maybe this gem one actually works? Resists on gear do basically nothing and you should reroll all of them.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Philthy posted:

They'll walk this back, I think. Once the honeymoon phase is over, and people have played a bunch of classes, it's going to take more than a seasonal gimmick to keep people coming back. POE has so much content, it keeps everyone replaying for over a decade now with people all excited for each season still.

It worked for D3. I don't see them walking this back.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I just beat that last week.

I don't see the issue. Some of us have kids and other poo poo going on and can't play 6 hours a day :shrug:

no issue and not a dunk, just a reminder that sane people aren't pushing t100s

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I just beat that last week.

I don't see the issue. Some of us have kids and other poo poo going on and can't play 6 hours a day :shrug:

My highest level character is 60 and I'm fine with that. I'd have to sacrifice real life stuff in order to play more, and gently caress that. I play plenty. The game can loving wait for me to catch up.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

what did they say on the last stream, something like the resists work as intended but might be a bit too weak? something like that. i dont really understand what their goal with them is besides tricking people into wasting time trying to build potions or gear to counter capstone/uber bosses.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I didn't realize it, but apparently I'd developed a sense of rhythm to tell when my Death Trap was ready. The patch completely threw it off with the CDR changes, and it's disorienting. I wouldn't say the build sucks now, but if it was easier to switch and the season wasn't coming in less than 48 hours, I'd change to a Rapid Fire or other bow build.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

This is the content they’ve been perfecting since before launch

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
I think the changes to the Sorcerers are fine as I don't have time to play videogames

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Philthy posted:

The answer from the most recent stream was that each mechanic added in seasons will be evaluated case by case to decide if it should be part of the eternal realm, with the explicit goal of not making it an overwhelming mixture of stuff. Basically, don't assume that anything from seasons will make it back in to eternal but also don't assume that nothing will

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pixelante posted:

Can someone link a really fun Druid leveling build to try for the season? I haven't experimented with them yet and have no sense at all what's powerful.
Pretty sure they’re all tied to finding a specific aspect that really makes them churn. 1-30 is gonna be a slog on any Druid.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
These are the ones that I think are gonna make 'No Skulls????' a non issue

Revenge (General) 10-20% of incoming damage is instead suppressed. When you use a Defensive, Subterfuge or a Macabre skill, all suppressed damage is amplified by 250% and explodes, dealing up to 1360-2040 Fire damage to Nearby enemies.

Ignoring Pain (Barbarian): Incoming damage has a 5-15% chance of being ignored and instead Healing you

Trickery (Rogue): When you use a Subterfuge Skill, leave behind an unstable Shadow Decoy Trap that Taunts enemies. The Shadow Decoy Trap will explode after 6.0 seconds dealing 680-1020 Shadow damage. Cannot occur more than once every 5 seconds.

Curious what the actual drop rate of Malignant hearts is gonna be like, especially since some seem designed for early leveling. Don't bother with that lovely zap-zap gem if I won't find one until level 50!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

They fixed a bug with Cult Leader displaying over enemy minions in PvP.

They didn't fix Cult Leader not doing anything. The stats on minions still don't change with and without this node. Wonderful.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Philthy posted:

It would confuse the people that play a weekend or 2 every few seasons. Which is the majority of the playerbase

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Mikojan posted:

It would confuse the people that play a weekend or 2 every few seasons. Which is the majority of the playerbase

There's a point where I shrug and say gently caress casuals they can figure it out eventually and being confused by "here's more stuff to do/gems to play with" is definitely it.

Helltides are explained by a quest giver next to the statue when you toggle WT3 for the first time, lol.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Tiny Timbs posted:

So they added Season 1 mechanics that work with resistances that won't be fixed until Season 2?

lol yes they did, its extremely funny

and they gave it to sorcs, which makes it even funnier

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Pixelante posted:

Can someone link a really fun Druid leveling build to try for the season? I haven't experimented with them yet and have no sense at all what's powerful.

Play whatever until you get a good unique, then play something that centers around ur unique. Same thing with aspects

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGIfdlWKbE

new necro unique looks fun

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Don’t forget them adding a bunch of gems to the game as a season 1 mechanic but they won’t be able to perfect the gem-tab technology until season 2

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I'm not going to play seriously at all until Thursday (because the Eternal realm is dumb) but my very poorly optimized Bone Spear necro still felt fine in terms of damage. Definitely squishier, though.

I'm looking forward to Season 1 but I'm still not super sold on Nightmare Dungeons as a replacement for rifts. Mostly because the affixes don't really feel like they add a lot of enjoyment to the game, for me - Diablo is fun when you're killing monsters and gathering items, not when you're running under a lightning thing or having to pay attention to a bunch of dumb extraneous mechanics.

Like whatever, keep them for people that want them but I kind of wish they'd bring back rifts from D3, which feel like the perfect kind of randomized content for Diablo and just have more longevity as a system than NMD's.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The funny thing about resists is that, even if they were working correctly, the sorc would probably still be pretty weak defensively. Because resists don't reduce physical damage, and that seems to be the thing that gets me the most.

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

but there's a potential frozen orb build for sorc with the malignant hearts that's calling to me...

TBH that Omnipower heart is probably pretty easily the best thing in the patch and is incredibly tempting.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Tiny Timbs posted:

That is about what you can expect from D4 devs.

They probably designed this before Kripp told them that the resistances are broken.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

My usual approach with resists in ARPGs is to completely and totally ignore them as a mechanic until I reach a difficulty level where I get splatted, then consider getting some.

I guess I should have known something was up when that never happened in D4.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

American McGay posted:

Pretty sure they’re all tied to finding a specific aspect that really makes them churn. 1-30 is gonna be a slog on any Druid.

I think a lot of the druid slog comes from people trying to go bear or wolf early. I've seen a lot of folks talking about triple companion feeling pretty good early on, and I know poison creeper continues to feel good until 50+ without too much investment. With the raven damage bug being fixed they might move from full garbage only good for a debuff to d-tier!

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Enigma posted:

My usual approach with resists in ARPGs is to completely and totally ignore them as a mechanic until I reach a difficulty level where I get splatted, then consider getting some.

I guess I should have known something was up when that never happened in D4.

i just dont get how they hosed something up that has been so straight forward in literally every ARPG. amazing

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Sloober posted:

i just dont get how they hosed something up that has been so straight forward in literally every ARPG. amazing

The wizard being squishy? Nah dogg they nailed it

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

i'm thinking of going blood lance necro for S1

Lol

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Im not sure the devs know how their own systems work to be honest.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I have not missed resistance gearing, at all. Long may it remain worthless (but please compensate sorc accordingly)

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I'm making a sorc too and still gonna build teleport flameshield inferno blizz orb meteor but I don't think it's going to work.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Mayveena posted:

It worked for D3. I don't see them walking this back.

Nah, they added more and more stuff into D3.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
With only 4 affixes on gear the resistances are probably never going to be worthwhile or obtainable without gimping yourself. They should probably just dump them completely, honestly.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Resistance mechanics: the thing players are clamoring for

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Fixing Resistances would at least make them useable in skill points, paragons, aspects, gem options, elixirs and so on. I don't want to build resists to survive as a super fun gameplay mechanic but having the option means I can work some in when I start getting gibbed too fast.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
The oculus wand is only good if it gives +10 ranks to Glass Cannon

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Tried out my level 80 barb. He gets one shotted stepping into a 29 NM dungeon now, where that was pretty easy before. He's doing a ton of damage still, but some other change made against the defense is not happening anymore. Or they ramped up the mob offense way too high. Dunno.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tarnop posted:

I have not missed resistance gearing, at all. Long may it remain worthless (but please compensate sorc accordingly)

Yeah I’d prefer they just get rid of it tbh