Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are your gaming plans for the summer?
This poll is closed.
Win at video games 37 23.72%
Hone gaming skills 27 17.31%
Unlock hardcore mode achievements 14 8.97%
More grinding 24 15.38%
Post about video games 54 34.62%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I said come in! posted:

In the general MMO chat mega thread, goons pointed out that game is crypto/nft based.

ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
lol, we really can't have nice things, why would they do that for such a cozy looking game

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Disc two reached!! Oh my days. The twists. I have been completely caught out by one of them what on earth. :prepop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Games Forum posted:

Disc two reached!! Oh my days. The twists. I have been completely caught out by one of them what on earth. :prepop:

im so glad youre playing this game, its wonderful.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

kliras posted:

lol, we really can't have nice things, why would they do that for such a cozy looking game

because as soon as anyone mentions "NFT/Blockchain" on a game people run for the hills, so the best they can do is try to disguise it as best they can.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Anybody got a link about the NFT stuff in Palia, cause I'm not finding anything with a google search? There's mention of coins, but it sounds like a regular MTX currency.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Dewgy posted:

Plok’s soundtrack is also some serious loving wizard magic poo poo. Tim Follin is usually more known for his 8-bit stuff but what he pulled out of the SPC chip in that game is unbelievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UrsaKcZHI0

I got an even bigger appreciation for this soundtrack when I tried to pull some SPC files apart for the soundfont. You pretty much can’t. Everything is made of multiple tinier overlapping samples and it’s pretty much incoherent. (Compare that to, say, Earthbound where you can get immediately usable and recognizable instruments in two seconds.) Dude must have had some serious composing software to back all of this up, too.

It's also a super weird and interesting game, when I was a kid I entered some sepia toned level as the grandfather and I thought I stumbled into some previous game I didn't know about or maybe thought I glitched into a wrong level or something, just didn't expect that. It's kind of hard though, not sure I ever beat it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Breaking: kids are dumb

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ice cream so tasty gang gang

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Khanstant posted:

It's also a super weird and interesting game, when I was a kid I entered some sepia toned level as the grandfather and I thought I stumbled into some previous game I didn't know about or maybe thought I glitched into a wrong level or something, just didn't expect that. It's kind of hard though, not sure I ever beat it

It's an extremely difficult game yeah

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ve started making ice cream shakes at home since it’s so damned hot out and they turn out pretty good. I’ve only been using vanilla ice cream but I might start branching out into weirder territory

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Anybody got a link about the NFT stuff in Palia, cause I'm not finding anything with a google search? There's mention of coins, but it sounds like a regular MTX currency.

i wanna see too cause i was looking forward to trying it out

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I said come in! posted:

In the general MMO chat mega thread, goons pointed out that game is crypto/nft based.

i did a forum search and it seems like they said the opposite actually:

30.5 Days posted:

I know a couple people who work on Palia and people ask them about NFTs so much (and they say they'll never do NFTs so much) that it's become an internal joke where people will add an "NFTs!" slide to random powerpoints

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Jay Rust posted:

Breaking: kids are dumb

Adults too

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I wanted to see what this Palia thing is about and found the stream, just started watching it but lmao there are people in the comments who are very angry because the dev introduction section had pronouns written under their names and positions

must be tiring to be this offended all the time

game looks cozy, I hope it will be good so I can play it with my friends and have a chill time

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Saint Freak posted:

My radishes are on the blockchain

Next Animal Crossing.

But yeah it looks neat, I'll be checking it out. There's another stardew-like that ostensibly has multiplayer out and about, but the multiplayer apparently sucks so hopefully this does it better.

RottenK posted:

I wanted to see what this Palia thing is about and found the stream, just started watching it but lmao there are people in the comments who are very angry because the dev introduction section had pronouns written under their names and positions

Anytime a game makes chuds mad, the game gets better in my eyes. Don't even care what it is.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

oh thank goodness

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

Good! Thank you for searching this. I should have double checked and that is my bad.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Good! Thank you for searching this. I should have double checked and that is my bad.

no problemo i originally thought your post said there was a thread for the game in MMO HMO but i couldn't find it and that's why i searched.

i'm looking forward to palia. the only NFTs it seems to have are Nice Fuzzy Things

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

no problemo i originally thought your post said there was a thread for the game in MMO HMO but i couldn't find it and that's why i searched.

i'm looking forward to palia. the only NFTs it seems to have are Nice Fuzzy Things

Ooh yeah no thread, just a chat thread like this one, but specifically to talk about MMOs. I think what happened is something got lost in translation in there and people played phone tag and then the message eventually reached MMO goons who started incorrectly reporting the game having NFTs.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
the approaching release of BG3 has finally made me start playing my copy of Original Sin 2 that I bought many years ago and forgot about and this game is really cool

i dunno if it falls off later on, but the beginning is really enjoyable. i like how there are clearly a bunch of different ways to get into places and solve quests, so far accidentally stumbled onto several ways to get out of fort Joy just by exploring to steal poo poo without following the "escape from fort Joy" quest

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Maybe if it wasn’t an mmo

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

RottenK posted:

must be tiring to be this offended all the time

game looks cozy, I hope it will be good so I can play it with my friends and have a chill time

Really?!

Okay, buying an mmo to own the chuds

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i strongly recommend against buying anything just to own the chuds because a lot of things that idiots get mad at for idiot reasons are also still bad on their own merit, like that one ghostbusters movie

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

Are you having a stroke

Do we need to call an ambulance

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

mmos are good op

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

RottenK posted:

the approaching release of BG3 has finally made me start playing my copy of Original Sin 2 that I bought many years ago and forgot about and this game is really cool

i dunno if it falls off later on, but the beginning is really enjoyable. i like how there are clearly a bunch of different ways to get into places and solve quests, so far accidentally stumbled onto several ways to get out of fort Joy just by exploring to steal poo poo without following the "escape from fort Joy" quest

It used to have a rough final act but they eventually did a heavy revamp of the game and it was heavily improved.

I'm expecting the same thing to happen with BG3.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Just beat Amid Evil, it's pretty good. All the weapons feel great to use, the levels have an interesting look and are usually easy to navigate without just being a long hallway, and every set of levels has its own unique set of interesting enemies. I really like the super mode that you can go into that makes every weapon insanely overpowered, even though I usually held it back long past the point it would have been most useful. The last section of levels were bad with gimmicks that are more about wasting your time than offering any real challenge or interesting twist. Still, it's not enough to ruin the core of the game and I enjoyed going through to the end, just not as much as I enjoyed the rest of the game.

Gonna take a break from the shooters to play Pizza Tower next.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

https://twitter.com/ecto_fun/status/1679576559357657088

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Are you having a stroke

Do we need to call an ambulance

Its a tiktok thing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I said come in! posted:

Its a tiktok thing.

That doesn't answer my question

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

guess youre just out of touch. sad. *gives the tiktok girl a cowboy emoji so she says yeehaw*

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

That doesn't answer my question

The answer is clearly yes

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

can't be out of touch it's only tuesday

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Out of Touch Thursday is everyday in my heart

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

homeless snail posted:

guess youre just out of touch. sad. *gives the tiktok girl a cowboy emoji so she says yeehaw*

I unironically think it's neat that what used to be avant-garde weirdo art 15 years ago is just normal TikTok stuff now

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

RottenK posted:

Same and I was amused that you can simply beat up a door to open it

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
When I managed to escape Fort Joy in D:OS2 just by trying an idea I had, I felt like "holy poo poo I just escaped from prison" as opposed to "✓ Escape from prison: Complete". I don't think I've ever had that in any other video game.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Volte posted:

When I managed to escape Fort Joy in D:OS2 just by trying an idea I had, I felt like "holy poo poo I just escaped from prison" as opposed to "✓ Escape from prison: Complete". I don't think I've ever had that in any other video game.

i think it's genuinely one of the most well-considered areas in any CRPG ever. there's just so many creative ways to handle it, all of which the game treats as completely legitimate

there's some frustrating parts about the D:OS2 combat loop but the number of times i managed to win a fight by doing some insane off-the-wall strategic poo poo was way more than in almost any game i've ever played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If you’re a meticulous gamer like me you end up finding like six different ways of escaping and have to pick the one will earn the most loot/xp