Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

The dudes in white clothes are also racist. How does this change the leagues’s prospects?

gently caress my xRcst metric... ruined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Need an expected slurs per goal scoring opportunity metric

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

the saudi league will fail because its crowds will be comprised of bored dudes in white clothes staring at their phones, and not the mind-bending, authentic spectacle of a horde of fat, toothless racists in england, sweaty, tanned racists in spain, and over-emotional coffee-sipping racists in italy.

I dunno, the one thing you can’t fault the Saudi league on is fan interest and history. They actually do have both, unlike Qatar.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Post the video of the fan tearing off his front door and throwing it to celebrate a goal

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

blue footed boobie posted:

I wonder how the Saudis are identifying these players. There doesn’t seem to be any pattern in who are being linked with moves to the Saudi league. Have they just asked the major agents to poll their clients to see who would be willing to play in a bush league in the desert for a ton of money?

There's plenty of rumours of players being approached and turning it down (apparently Bruno Fernandes turned down a big offer), although I imagine that's a handy thing for agents to lie about when negotiating contracts.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I think there will probably be an agents WhatsApp group, or something along those lines, where its basically just 'lads, the Saudis will take ANYONE!', and then the individual agents just mention it to all their players, and the ones you're hearing about now are the only ones who bit.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ethan Ampadu to Leeds is a done deal

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1681590510568308737?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

If he doesn't already have a chant based around the black lace song I'd imagine one is being formulated

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Cheeky not-guilty not-rapist Ben Mendy has gone to Lorient!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Who wants the worst signing video ever

https://twitter.com/BurnleyOfficial/status/1681574610507104257?t=75PNwxc1LnQv4W4MSfw5NQ&s=19

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

what is the player supposed to take away from this

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Perfect Element posted:

Cheeky not-guilty not-rapist Ben Mendy has gone to Lorient!
does anyone else always think lorient is a bbc final score abbreviation of leyton orient?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

does anyone else always think lorient is a bbc final score abbreviation of leyton orient?

Isn't it?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I liked the Rochdale(?) one the other day that was a low quality phoenix nights mashup because it was at least geographically relevant but quirky signing videos are now bad. Sorry everyone Burnley ruined it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

atrocious

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

the sex ghost posted:

Ethan Ampadu to Leeds is a done deal

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1681590510568308737?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

If he doesn't already have a chant based around the black lace song I'd imagine one is being formulated

https://twitter.com/ebu_hisham/status/1681595826219483139

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
League one? Completed it mate

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

At least you'll be able to keep posting in the same thread.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The league one seasons owned because it was probably the last time you were able to rock up to elland road on the morning of the match and grab some tickets for leeds v northampton. Teams in the 7th tier make you sign up for e-tickets nowadays, it's not right

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

games gone, the sex ghost

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1681626116253949954

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
looking forward to jordan henderson's statement where he says he's going to be running lgbt education workshops in dammam

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

lol that chelsea signed aubameyang for money ten months ago

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

looking forward to jordan henderson's statement where he says he's going to be running lgbt education workshops in dammam

he'll be running another kind of workshop in yourmam

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1681705250091147265

Fucks sake. Big letdown from Henderson.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Akbar posted:

he'll be running another kind of workshop in yourmam

:pwn:

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Mahrez supposedly to Saudi for €35m

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

as if the actual crimes weren't bad enough, that jersey is a crime against football

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Crying at cardboard cutout saudi stevie

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
*Frank lampardishly* haha no but that's really disappointing and I did expect better from him than moving to the country where wearing rainbow laces would get him publically flogged. Oh well

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i wonder what face he’ll make when he sees a portrait of Mohammad bin salman in the dressing room

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

Crying at cardboard cutout saudi stevie

lol it makes henderson look amazing in comparison

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Stevie looks like Sean Bean in Red Riding

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

City are buying Gvardiol from Leipzig which is annoying.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1681714192821125134

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/TelegraphDucker/status/1681718448458547201?t=Pe0ImvgpUomMLZTlAYXrQw&s=19

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I don't mind any of the other players going to Saudi because they were not talking about LBGT community every 2-3 interviews like Hendo. Looks horrible for him, this is the type of poo poo he could have stood up for and he would have still got paid somewhere else like MLS. Shows how hypocrite most of these people are pretending to be allies.

I know people say Saudi is tax free but pretty sure all these footballers with good accountants pay mininmal tax(or none) so even if he went to US he could make a boatload.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i love the life-changing wealth argument. buddy where on the income bellcurve do you think you are

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Hendo can bust out the Fifa president tactic in his first interview, today I feel saudi.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
لن تمشي لوحدك

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i think you meant لن تمشي مجددًا

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ulio posted:

I know people say Saudi is tax free but pretty sure all these footballers with good accountants pay mininmal tax(or none) so even if he went to US he could make a boatload.

He'd make like $3-5m a year in the US, rumors are around $30m a year in Saudi. There's a big difference between being a rich footballer and a generational wealthy one.