Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

remember, no russian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao at the Blizzard-Activision X Fortnite collab rumors.
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1681368679554875409?t=VeEgAYUZVLURyTa6ZhOXBg&s=19

How many cod freaks would lose their minds if fortnite popped up in their military shooter

This guy's Twitter account gives me weird vibes, like it's from some completely different culture.

Reminds me of watching Mr. Bean at my Indian friend's house as a kid for some reason.

Maybe that's what Fortnite is - the Mr. Bean of video games

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Remember when these threads were about videogames but CSPAM? The gross capitalism behind Fortnite should absolutely be mocked. All your favorite brands giving you a big hug and making poggers soyface at you while they steal your wallet

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

this is what the liberals want

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Gumball Gumption posted:

Remember when these threads were about videogames but CSPAM? The gross capitalism behind Fortnite should absolutely be mocked. All your favorite brands giving you a big hug and making poggers soyface at you while they steal your wallet

what's your favorite CSPAM videogame to play?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Workers and Resources, obviously

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the most cspam game is dwarf fortress

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Gumball Gumption posted:

Workers and Resources, obviously

quote:

Posted: July 18
This game is unplayable in its current state. I absolutely love it, play on realistic mode with a couple towns built on the map, very fun. The game right now is broken and unplayable. Every single winter, THOUSANDS of citizens die. I place heat processing plants in the town itself, they die of pollution. Remove the plants and place heat exchangers, heat to the max in the buildings, they still die. You CANNOT grow anything in this game like this. You would have to play with no winter enabled which removes a huge piece of the game.

okay that actually does sound like my jam lol

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Captain Magic posted:

LISA is one of those weird voyeuristic trips through bad times that I just don't understand anymore. There's a lot of media like this that's like depression tourism (Last of Us comes to mind). I remember loving that kind of stuff when I was way younger and thinking it was "more real" or something, more honest about life, but now that I've lived with my own and my wife's depression it's just incomprehensible to me to ever want to experience anything that purposefully brings you down.

Anyway I hope you like the game if you like the game

I dunno, I want to die basically every other day and I didn't feel bad about playing TLOU or LISA at all.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I wanted to die playing tlou after the 90th find the ladder puzzle

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I want to live and play more videogames

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Same but instead its every time MD misses a shot he should've made in Jagged Alliance 3. Going to replace this Redditor gently caress ASAP.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Buck Wildman posted:

I want to live and play more videogames

me too. live laugh game imo

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I saw that the Fortnite skins for Coachella were more expensive than stuff actually at Coachella, a place that flexes captive pricing on you like crazy.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Communist Thoughts posted:

I wanted to die playing tlou after the 90th find the ladder puzzle

newer Sony games have solved this by painting ladders bright yellow and having 3 sidekicks around saying "Hmm no way around, maybe we could use that ladder" every 15 seconds

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

in jagged alliance you play as literally the enemies of communism

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

wrong, I am friends with the communists in jagged alliance 3

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

aw frig aw dang it posted:

okay that actually does sound like my jam lol

If you want to give everybody cars, you need to basically re-design your whole city to be way shittier in every way to accommodate them, it rules

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Whirling posted:

youll do whatever youre paid for

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
diablo4 reddit currently in full meltdown over the patch

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Koirhor posted:

diablo4 reddit currently in full meltdown over the patch

what did the patch do, add slurp juice?

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Al! posted:

youll do whatever youre paid for

getting paid to shoot anti-communists

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mr Hootington posted:

Fortnite is free

We pay the price, of your posts

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Epic High Five posted:

LISA is now on Switch, part of the definitive edition that just launched I suppose because I know it wasn't on the platform before

Time to get (more) Depression

edit - apparently Sony demanded a bunch of stuff be censored for PS4/5 release lol, no clue if the same is true of Nintendo, the eshop is full of smutty garbage

LISA ftw

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Whirling posted:

Same but instead its every time MD misses a shot he should've made in Jagged Alliance 3. Going to replace this Redditor gently caress ASAP.

MD is a goon actually

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

MD is a goon actually

100%

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

did you meet hue yet

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

World War Mammories posted:

the most cspam game is dwarf fortress

no, it's ff7

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

Al! posted:

in jagged alliance you play as literally the enemies of communism

thats why i like it

Cuttlefush posted:

MD is a goon actually

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think it's ultimately down to individual tastes, but about the best thing a narrative-heavy game can be is ~10 hours with a poignant story told in a weird world. I like miserable situations because I'm a miserable person and it's easy for me to get into that headspace, and in any case the stories tend to be more interesting.

About the worst thing a game can be is 60+ hours with a focus on the cinematic, I never played TLoU but it does that thing where you wade through a sea of blood to get to a moral quandary about the horror of killing so I could never take it seriously since that tells me the actual gameplay is just something grudgingly added at the end.

Basically anybody who wants to make a narrative heavy game should read a lot of Le Guin and commbloc sci-fi, which is why Death Stranding's narrative and structure made perfect sense to a very small selection of its players

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fuckin' hell I need to replay Death Stranding. Every time my attention was wavering here comes Mads and I'm right the gently caress back in, hope he won like 100 awards for that performance

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I don't recall the first TLOU having a message about how killing is bad. Joel murdering some innocent doctors is portrayed as bad but the game doesn't exactly expect you to break down crying because you shot a bandit or the creepy cannibal guys. Honestly, I'm not even sure why people interpret TLOU 2 as judging them for killing all the time either; it's not like its doing the goofy Spec Ops thing and going "you could've dropped the controller and NOT killed these people".

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Whirling posted:

I don't recall the first TLOU having a message about how killing is bad. Joel murdering some innocent doctors is portrayed as bad but the game doesn't exactly expect you to break down crying because you shot a bandit or the creepy cannibal guys. Honestly, I'm not even sure why people interpret TLOU 2 as judging them for killing all the time either; it's not like its doing the goofy Spec Ops thing and going "you could've dropped the controller and NOT killed these people".

It's possible I had the plot relayed to me in an inaccurate way, I'd say if I had to pick one sin of it that's bigger than any of the others it's that I was never a big fan of zombies as a genre and I rapidly came to just immediately loathe anything with them.

I get why people would like it, it clearly got all the attention and budget of a big production movie and if it wasn't making money it probably wouldn't be on its third remake, just definitely not for me

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Whirling posted:

everyone took the mooks having first names as the game trying to make some big statement about your enemies being human too and tbh its probably intentional from ol Neil Druckman

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Whirling posted:

when the communists call you a comrade, it means you a comrade. that's a verbal contract

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

people in video games aren't real try not to lose too much sleep over them

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

i keep trying to explain this to the people in façade but they just get confused an kick me out every ti

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

Ok but what about dogs and such? Are you out there blastin little simulated good boys in the face? Betraying them??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Cao Cao rules, but I'm still part of the Sun Quan gang.