Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

reasonably certain I’ve been choking on insanely high co2 while I sleep for most of my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

What kind of small rear end places are you choking yourself out with your own breathing? Maybe buy some plants or something?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i sleep tied inside a hefty bag and emerge purple and gasping each morning ready for the day

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1681265116413669379

just the dry heat

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYt0SDnrBE

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

"it's a dry heat" I insist, while I slowly melt into the asphalt like the guy in that Tommy Lee Jones volcano movie

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Dew point is 5°. The air acts as a desiccant packet. Stepping outside, you become longpork prune. Drink more cola, so refreshing.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

smoobles posted:

"it's a dry heat" I insist, while I slowly melt into the asphalt like the guy in that Tommy Lee Jones volcano movie

dry heat feels nice when it’s 90 but I was at the salton sea once when it was 110 or so with 0 humidity and I thought I would die

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

smoobles posted:

They call it dry heat because of how dry your dessicated jerky-corpse will be

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I finally got my power back on! I can't wait to do this again when we get an ice storm!

It's a good thing the investor owned utilities are taking climate change seriously and not just cutting jobs and deferring maintenance to pump stock prices

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

:yes: :haha: :yes:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

spacemang_spliff posted:

I finally got my power back on! I can't wait to do this again when we get an ice storm!

It's a good thing the investor owned utilities are taking climate change seriously and not just cutting jobs and deferring maintenance to pump stock prices

what was the total damage there, like three days without power?

glad you got it back, that couldn’t have been enjoyable

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Red Baron posted:

what was the total damage there, like three days without power?

glad you got it back, that couldn’t have been enjoyable

quarter of a million outages, I didn't have power for over 3 days since I'm on a smaller circuit so it's lower priority.

it sucked but the evenings were the worst. with no way to move air you just stew.

hopefully my bitching at the utility will get my lines cleared of vegetation but I'm not expecting much

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Maed posted:

dry heat feels nice when it’s 90 but I was at the salton sea once when it was 110 or so with 0 humidity and I thought I would die

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

been sweating my balls off personally here in phoenix

humidity has been around 20%

the AC in my truck is hosed recently and somehow blows hotter than the air outside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGZDDgQvDMc

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
No outages in Arizona.

https://poweroutage.us/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Troutful posted:

What happens if you pull your blanket over your face while you sleep? I wake up like that every morning. Am I choking on my own CO2 or nah

its' like having a cat

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
incredibly nasty out there today. ecccch

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Time to make everything I own smell like I just got off a SSBN deployment and use an amine based Co2 scrubber in my apartment because leaving my window open is too noisy.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

smoobles posted:

Do you mean the movie called Volcano?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Pretty sure you mean the bus that couldn't slow down is the movie hea thinking about.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
nice weather today

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

skooma512 posted:

Time to make everything I own smell like I just got off a SSBN deployment and use an amine based Co2 scrubber in my apartment because leaving my window open is too noisy.

There are still people posting on this forum, non immunocompromised people, who won't go outside without a mask, won't go to restaurants, get all their groceries delivered, etc etc. People are crazy.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

tater_salad posted:

What kind of small rear end places are you choking yourself out with your own breathing? Maybe buy some plants or something?

I sleep in a 10’x9’ room and can’t open the windows in the summer since it’s too hot and humid

I crack the windows for the other 9 months of the year though

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

There are still people posting on this forum, non immunocompromised people, who won't go outside without a mask, won't go to restaurants, get all their groceries delivered, etc etc. People are crazy.

lol

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

My water was out for 3 days and it came back about two hours before the power went out this loving sucks

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

tater_salad posted:

Pretty sure you mean the bus that couldn't slow down is the movie hea thinking about.

Oh man I must have seen that movie...twice.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

:ok:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

u mad?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Uhhh, I mean... How bout that weather??

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Uhhh, I mean... How bout that weather??

Whoa nelly it's a hot one let me tell you what

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

yeah fuckin rich people, groceries delivered! can you imagine

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Whoa nelly it's a hot one let me tell you what

Now I only go outside to walk to and from my car or smoke a cigarette, but I seem to have noticed a significant and steady increase in the outdoor temperature over the last six weeks. Are there models that will tell me why this is happening??

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Phoenix just had its hottest week ever.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

tater_salad posted:

I have a small jungle in my room (12x14' or so, but well-sealed) but unfortunately plants scrub negligible CO2 (NASA has extensively tested this).

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm here for global weather change

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

suck mmm!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Well I think that today’s session went well.

This nice orderly will see you back to your room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1681329263750807562

pretty hot over in iran