Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Just saw this video that said in LV there's a lot of fake weed stores on the strip, that sell fake weed or something, if true that's pretty funny to still encounter bullshit along with real weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gonna smoke some weed

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
a sample of the yield

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdJ5SGmEoGs

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

broke my dab bowl and my glass pipe today so

tonight i'm smoking/vaping hash in a DIY crack pipe

it works good but it feels just a wee bit sleazy

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Jestery posted:

A lot of my random hobbies or parts of my day to day come from a bit of drug doing stuff

Pressure canning from making shrooms
Cooking led into making edibles
Espresso got me a nice scale etc
Weed being legal to take, , but presence making driving illegal led me to bike riding

Etc etc

Eat a dick bicycle boy

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Jestery posted:

A lot of my random hobbies or parts of my day to day come from a bit of drug doing stuff

Weed being legal to take, , but presence making driving illegal led me to bike riding

Etc etc

Same. I've had some really great project ideas on weed too. Building a geodesic dome in my garden (to sit in while I do weed), 3D printing a retractable projector screen for our lounge to watch big movies (while high).

Also weed and an e-bike is a great time if you haven't tried one yet. I just have some weed, throw the Bluetooth speaker in the front tray and blast through country lanes and run errands.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Jestery posted:

Etc etc

This. I'm the devil on CJ's shoulder about the fruit pectin (and a lot of other stuff) and frankly weed cookery is fun. I used to cook professionally so I have more fun with it now that I'm not responsible for putting a foam on 400 plates or tweezing microgreens or the million other stupid things I've had to do.

Also use weed butter to make croissants, it's good and absolutely worth the ridiculously time consuming process.

New project this weekend, because it's my last weekend before starting massive renovations before selling my house, is making enough weed snacks to get me through a month of renovations. I'm starting with elixirs because they take more time, and I'll finish with hard candy because I'm on autopilot with the jolly rancher recipe.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

day 3 of tolerance break. i ate chikfila breakfast monday morning and a salad just now. when um. when does my appetite come back

quietmonkey
Nov 23, 2002
I went 20+ years not smoking (apart from a few times that felt uncomfortable) because of some difficult experiences with drugs in my 20s. I also didn't really like the whole dynamic of buying weed, but that was probably more down to not having ever met the right person or people to buy from.

Since it's become legal in Vermont, I decided to try again and on my own terms, in the privacy of my own place. It has helped me figure out a few things.

One, is that I'm pretty sensitive to THC and I'm not sure how I didn't figure this out before. Some of my earlier difficulties were definitely down to being way too loving high to try and hang out socially, and somehow not having the sense to not try to keep pace with other people.

The biggest thing though is realizing the level of anxiety that I've been living with for so long, and a lot of the previous bad drug experiences I had were anxiety and fear manifesting in a way I didn't realize was possible. I still get anxious and fearful when smoking now sometimes, but in a weirdly therapeutic way. Instead of kind of crawling inside myself and trying to ride out those feelings, I feel like I actually confront them and process them. I end up coming through with a sense of clarity and calm that I had dismissed as an unrealistic fantasy. It doesn't last forever, but it honestly feels as if it's helping to move the needle on generalized anxiety that I've dealt with for far too long - like it feels like effective CBT and exposure therapy.

It's weird as hell and awesome to feel moments of anxiety relief. To have an ever-present feeling just go away for a while, and have a moment of calm, centered thought and feelings is sometimes just mind blowing.

Anyway, thanks weed.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

quietmonkey posted:

I went 20+ years not smoking (apart from a few times that felt uncomfortable) because of some difficult experiences with drugs in my 20s. I also didn't really like the whole dynamic of buying weed, but that was probably more down to not having ever met the right person or people to buy from.

Since it's become legal in Vermont, I decided to try again and on my own terms, in the privacy of my own place. It has helped me figure out a few things.

One, is that I'm pretty sensitive to THC and I'm not sure how I didn't figure this out before. Some of my earlier difficulties were definitely down to being way too loving high to try and hang out socially, and somehow not having the sense to not try to keep pace with other people.

The biggest thing though is realizing the level of anxiety that I've been living with for so long, and a lot of the previous bad drug experiences I had were anxiety and fear manifesting in a way I didn't realize was possible. I still get anxious and fearful when smoking now sometimes, but in a weirdly therapeutic way. Instead of kind of crawling inside myself and trying to ride out those feelings, I feel like I actually confront them and process them. I end up coming through with a sense of clarity and calm that I had dismissed as an unrealistic fantasy. It doesn't last forever, but it honestly feels as if it's helping to move the needle on generalized anxiety that I've dealt with for far too long - like it feels like effective CBT and exposure therapy.

It's weird as hell and awesome to feel moments of anxiety relief. To have an ever-present feeling just go away for a while, and have a moment of calm, centered thought and feelings is sometimes just mind blowing.

Anyway, thanks weed.

This was great to read. Honestly, learning to be curious about my anxiety (high or sober) was an incredible game changer in my daily quality of life.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jul 19, 2023

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

quietmonkey posted:

Anyway, thanks weed.

Big same. Weed helped my inner dialogue find a better voice that let me like... have better, more productive conversations and allowed me to start working through a lot of my bullshit, much of which was anxiety based too. But like, being able to chill and be kind to myself and talk to myself about my feelings, emotions, experiences, etc? Definitely in a better place since weed showed up in my life

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Crimson Harvest posted:

a sample of the yield

Thassa nice nug there

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbxTu-FE5vw

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

cumpantry posted:

day 3 of tolerance break. i ate chikfila breakfast monday morning and a salad just now. when um. when does my appetite come back

Is that why I don’t have an appetite? I thought weed did the opposite

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Eating cheesecake factory while stoned should be a sin. This is the only way I could ever see me eating a whole slice in one sitting.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

the bud has just landed and I'm having some absolutely awful woooaaaaahh moments. I don't need that extra sensitivity to epiphany when thinking about how women grow actual people in themselves and then push them out. Sometimes more than once. :stare: :stare: :catstare:

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

I had an ooze vape battery and it was fine but then I put it through the wash. Then I bought a vape gear and it’s actually a POS. Should I go back to the ooze or is there a consensus battery that doesn’t suck?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Carth Dookie posted:

I don't need that extra sensitivity to epiphany when thinking about how women grow actual people in themselves and then push them out. Sometimes more than once. :stare: :stare: :catstare:
Sometimes multiple people at the same time!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

:350: A pregnant woman swimming in the ocean is a human submarine.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Waffle! posted:

Instead of being powered by a small nuclear reactor, the submarine is powered by pickles

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I need to start getting high and going to places like this, dayum
https://v.redd.it/2x7a1qsww2db1/DASH_1080.mp4

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

dew worm posted:

I had an ooze vape battery and it was fine but then I put it through the wash. Then I bought a vape gear and it’s actually a POS. Should I go back to the ooze or is there a consensus battery that doesn’t suck?

By and large it's a get what you pay for situation.

Cheap ones usually suck and die fast.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Waffle! posted:

a chorus of triplets in utero singing "we all live in a human submarine"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

This thread reminded me to smoke some weed. Thanks!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
New batch of RSO gummies in the fridge, hoping this mix of pectin and gelatin is the right texture

also lime jello smells really good in powder form, as I'm pouring it

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

huff that lime poo poo

mix it with kief and huff it

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Scrotum Modem posted:

huff that lime poo poo

mix it with kief and huff it

kids callin it margaritaville drive

doin fat rails of decarbed kief mixed with lime jello mix then they slam a shot of tequila

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Doin big fat hotrails of kief

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Code Jockey posted:

kids callin it margaritaville drive

doin fat rails of decarbed kief mixed with lime jello mix then they slam a shot of tequila

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

dervival posted:

bah, that's the last of my cheesecloth for cannabutter again :saddumb:

that last reel I had lasted quite a while, just need to pick up some more next time I hit the store

When I realized I'm just making cookies with it and didn't need to strain it, I stopped buying cheesecloth and just accepted the extra fiber. My shits do reek of marijuana the day after (just a couple regular bite's worth)

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Can I recommend getting an aeropress+stainless steel filter instead of cheesecloth

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
i, for one, would like them to rename cheese cloth because it does not taste of cheese at all

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I'm sensing some judgment in this post LOL

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Jestery posted:

Can I recommend getting an aeropress+stainless steel filter instead of cheesecloth

oh poo poo this is a good idea. too bad my metal filter got accidentally ejected into the trash 5 years ago and I never got another one lol.

that said, Aeropress is in ever way superior to drip coffee.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Hammu-rob-i posted:

When I realized I'm just making cookies with it and didn't need to strain it, I stopped buying cheesecloth and just accepted the extra fiber. My shits do reek of marijuana the day after (just a couple regular bite's worth)

the bf is pretty sensitive to the actual plant matter (actually did some blind A/B testing on this back in the PNW, could definitely tell a difference in his reaction between the two) so unfortunately that wouldn't work - I just ended up picking a little scoop strainer for aromatic oils that's been doing the trick though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Crimson Harvest posted:

a sample of the yield

subscribe