Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

turn off the TV posted:

is the guy who made hdoom also a nazi

probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
if only eric and dylan hung on until brutal doom in vr

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Seeing a lot of chatter online from people getting really upset about the Diablo 4 patch because they all rolled Barbarians for PvP and now they got nerfed.

Also Blizzard is getting stingy with XP gains.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Larian has revealed Penis A, B, C, D, and E. Cyberpunk fans and their mere Penis 1 and 2 in absolute shambles

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

how many pussies they got in there?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Al! posted:

two. there will be genitals in all character creators going forward.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Hatebag posted:

Yeah you can parry havel but it's a lot easier to just circle and backstab that husky gentleman

oh yeah thats right i forgot you can just activate backstabs easy af lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

two. there will be genitals in all character creators going forward.

stoked for disney dreamlight valley 2

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Al! posted:

Looks like Vulva A, B, and C with a Default option that I'm assuming is tied to whatever body type you pick. Truly, you can craft the exact elf femboy of your dreams and watch them get their brains hosed out by a bear.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

we're living in a post pussy society

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
how's xenonauts 2?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

dunno. still waiting for xenogears 2

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Lpzie posted:

dunno. still waiting for xenogears 2

some day. stay strong

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I feel like this is going to be my next obsession: Gothic Monestary Generation Ship Simulator https://store.steampowered.com/app/2341070/The_Banished_Vault/

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Ytlaya posted:

This guy's Twitter account gives me weird vibes, like it's from some completely different culture.

Reminds me of watching Mr. Bean at my Indian friend's house as a kid for some reason.

Maybe that's what Fortnite is - the Mr. Bean of video games

Yeah Ifiremoney is weird. A weirder one is top5gaming who does "Ohhh Boy! Big News!" Videos for fortnite.

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

1stGear posted:

Looks like Vulva A, B, and C with a Default option that I'm assuming is tied to whatever body type you pick. Truly, you can craft the exact elf femboy of your dreams and watch them get their brains hosed out by a bear.

"Unlike other RPGs like Skyrim that use sliders to fine-tune aspects of a character’s face or body to your liking, Baldur’s Gate 3 uses preset faces that can be added upon with what Larian calls “attachments,” such as hair, jewelry, scars, tattoos, or facial hair."

femboy of their dreams, the cowards

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
lmao, todd howard wins again.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Surely the Vector Industries logo in the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 dlc means we're getting a Xenosaga remaster/remake.

Surely.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

maybe they'll actually finish it this time

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

MonsieurChoc posted:

Surely the Vector Industries logo in the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 dlc means we're getting a Xenosaga remaster/remake.

Surely.

from what I understand the foremost xenosaga youtube authorities have clarified that the references to xenosaga in the dlc mean that they're retconning all of xenosaga and/or xenoblade to make them both take place in the same setting and the next xenogears game is xenoblade 4. obviously the references to X in the same scene are just references though

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

The Cut of Your Jib posted:

"Unlike other RPGs like Skyrim that use sliders to fine-tune aspects of a character’s face or body to your liking, Baldur’s Gate 3 uses preset faces that can be added upon with what Larian calls “attachments,” such as hair, jewelry, scars, tattoos, or facial hair."

femboy of their dreams, the cowards

let me attach dicks and pussies to faces

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

THUG LYFE tattoo on my gnome's forehead

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
Gnomey, you ain't nothing but DAMAGED goods

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Seeing a lot of chatter online from people getting really upset about the Diablo 4 patch because they all rolled Barbarians for PvP and now they got nerfed.

Barbarians have been getting nerfed since before the game launched, should've seen it coming.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lostconfused posted:

Barbarians have been getting nerfed since before the game launched, should've seen it coming.

the only way to win is to not pay for Microsoft games

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Is this their first blizzard game? They should know better by now. I assume that the nerfs are very heavy and don't actually address any issues but make things feel worse for everyone, as blizzard does

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Popy posted:

dudes rock

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Popy posted:

dudes rock

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1681683646632083457

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Perhaps one of the most significant changes that will impact everyone in Season 1 is that the grind is getting worse. With the changes introduced in this patch, levelling and gear farming will feel slower, and we are yet again being pushed towards Nightmare Dungeons over everything else, meaning it will also feel less varied.

Previously, fighting monsters that were one level higher than your character would grant 15% extra XP, with the bonus jumping up to 20% and 25% for monsters 2 and 3 levels higher, where it would then cap. Now, that XP bonus has been reduced to just 1.5% extra XP per level, up to a max of 15% when fighting monsters 10+ levels above you. In short, it’s going to take longer to level up, as playing content three levels higher than your character will now offer roughly 20% less extra XP.

Characters themselves are also getting squishier heading into Season 1, so you might struggle to fight monsters at such high levels, too. The patch has introduced a range of changes that reduce the survivability of each class, with defensive Affixes (stat rolls on gear) and Aspects (the special powers on Legendary items) getting significantly weaker. The armour increase from the Aspect of Disobedience, for example, has been reduced from 50% to 30%, while defensive Affixes (total armour, damage reduction, etc) have been reduced by 20-30%. This is retroactive, and will apply to any gear that your current characters have equipped.

On the upside, level scaling has also changed, making enemies in the overworld and regular dungeons roughly five levels lower than your character in World Tiers 3 and 4. This is a change that the community have generally been pushing for, but I worry that it means we're going to be funnelled even more towards exclusively farming Helltides and Nightmare Dungeons. For a Diablo game in which the open world was meant to matter, it feels odd to have an endgame that feels almost identical to farming Rifts in Diablo 3.

The Barbarian, for example, has seen the Hamstring passive nerfed substantially, which will now only inflict Slow on Healthy enemies, rather than all enemies. That means Barbarians won’t be able to consistently make use of Crowd-Control damage modifiers, leaving them much weaker heading into the new Season.

The Sorcerer, the most-played (and arguably worst) class in Diablo 4, has also been hit hard. The powerful Devouring Blaze passive, which offered a max of 30% bonus Critical Strike Damage against Burning enemies and a further 75% Critical Strike Damage against Immobilized enemies, has had its bonuses reduced to a max of 21% and 30% respectively.

These passives were key parts of many builds in their respective classes, so these nerfs will prove detrimental to a range of popular options for the Barbarian and Sorcerer. It's understandable, then, that people are naturally focusing on these over the range of buffs, because the things getting buffed just aren't popular. I'm sure part of Blizzard's intention is to probably make other things popular in their place and to potentially keep the meta moving forward, but for now players are understandably annoyed that the builds they've worked on for the past month are now far less powerful than before.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you know those creepy tik tok things where women act like npcs for "gifts"

well blizzard could probably tap into the tiktok api and do this with their actual npcs and just make an extreme amount of bank for doing nothing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

at that point if the increases are becoming marginal and its going to be harder to kill them isnt it more efficient to play on lower world tiers since you can get through mosters more quickly

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

lol isnt this a single player/coop game with no competitive modes? why not just buff the underperforming skills and leave everything else alone?

why do ppl put up with this poo poo, its so fuckin dumb

please tell me that blizzard sells xp boosts for real money

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

lol isnt this a single player/coop game with no competitive modes? why not just buff the underperforming skills and leave everything else alone?

it has pvp. and seasonal stuff is competitive. there's a leaderboard and poo poo. or there was in previous diablos

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

we made this tedious grindfest 30% more tedious. youre welcome gamers :smuggo:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

at that point if the increases are becoming marginal and its going to be harder to kill them isnt it more efficient to play on lower world tiers since you can get through mosters more quickly

yes but since increases in player power tends to outpace monster scaling (which is why players are able to right "overleveled" monsters in the first place), and since monster density isn't changed with world tier, "kill monsters faster at lower difficulties" runs into diminishing returns very quickly - at some point you're already killing them as fast as you can anyway

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

the diablo thread in Games is being extremely normal about all this if you want to go holler w/ them

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i tried to warn the d4 people, i did.

modern blizzard are pretty incompetent devs and their main concern is wasting your time and making sure you aren't having too much fun

the d3 turnaround was basically a miracle, the last time blizzard ever tried to make a game that was primarily fun no matter how short or long you played it for, it aint happening again

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

like my IRL friend group has been talking all day about strategizing new PvP builds in response to the changes and they're very invested in it

idk today I played Age of Empires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

how much longer is the current PoE season running for