Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Speaking of old 90s forgotten comedies, apparently there is a western with Chris Farley and Matthew Perry directed by Christopher Guest?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almost_Heroes

This came up on the screen at a brewery and it felt like a hallucination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

smackfu posted:

Speaking of old 90s forgotten comedies, apparently there is a western with Chris Farley and Matthew Perry directed by Christopher Guest?

It was Farley's last film I believe

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Almost Heroes isn’t great but I love the scene about the egg

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

I remember that movie but had absolutely no idea Guest directed it.

At the age I saw it I wouldn't have even known who he was regardless.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah I think I saw that movie like 5 or 6 times around the time it was released. Eugene levy is in it too I think?

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
When I was like 10 the scene where he’s telling the story about his brother eating sheep poo poo was the pinnacle of comedy.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My memory of it is that it's maybe the weakest movie he starred in (I don't really remember Beverly Hills Ninja) and among the movies he was in at all but it's still pretty alright. Better than coneheads, at least.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I loved coneheads. i think I was like 6 tho when I saw it lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

smackfu posted:

The weird moment in time between this and starring in The Whole Nine Yards with Bruce Willis where it looked like Matthew Perry was going to be a movie star for some reason.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's weird that both Farley and John Candy more or less end their careers with lackluster Lewis and Clark-esque movies.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's weird that both Farley and John Candy more or less end their careers with lackluster Lewis and Clark-esque movies.

Yeah when I mentioned it was Farley's last movie... I was actually thinking of John Candy haha. Geez.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
If you go to the Wikipedia page for Almost Heroes there's a link to the page for Wagons East, so I think a lot of people confuse them

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Baron von Eevl posted:

BonoMan posted:

Yeah when I mentioned it was Farley's last movie... I was actually thinking of John Candy haha. Geez.

Holy poo poo yeah me too. I was looking at that movie saying "I am 99% sure I saw this movie but it's not ringing any bells"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

BonoMan posted:

It would've been but Dirty Work released two weeks later.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Peacock raised their prices.

I immediately cancelled which I should have done a while ago since I originally signed up just to watch Columbo.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The app is just so terrible. It freezes every few episodes, and it's a gamble every time I fast forward or rewind.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Yeah without ads is too pricey and with ads even with the 30 for a year promo did t feels worth it
Too loving annoying

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah I'll probably drop it. With the strike still going the shows I watched on there aren't going to popping up very often anyway.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

smackfu posted:

Peacock raised their prices.

I immediately cancelled which I should have done a while ago since I originally signed up just to watch Columbo.

They also killed the deal where Xfinity customers get free premium so I was really confused as to why I couldn't watch anything all of a sudden.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, I didn't bother to sub after they canceled the free subscription, even when they offered it for $2/month. It wasn't great and it was weird that you still had some content with ads even though you're on the ad-free plan.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I put on Significant Other and really digging it so far

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I got Peacock with ads to watch Sunday Night Football and forgot to cancel it. My wife and I have been watching a lot of old Top Chef, and it often cuts to the next episode before the final ad break. Really annoying.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Comcast sent me a note saying I get 2 years of free Peacock for some reason so check your emails if you have them

Edit: naturally the link Comcast gives me just goes to a page that says "Error: Offer is not active"

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 18, 2023

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Tiny Timbs posted:

Comcast sent me a note saying I get 2 years of free Peacock for some reason so check your emails if you have them

Edit: naturally the link Comcast gives me just goes to a page that says "Error: Offer is not active"

If you have 1+gb internet it is free for 2 years. If you have a current Peacock subscription you have to let it run out first before doing the offer.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I will say that we used to have to buy Top Chef for $30 to watch new seasons because Bravo didn’t have a streaming service you could subscribe to. So Peacock was worth a few months right there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think I’m still on my $2 a month thing with Peacock and while I hate the app I do constantly find something on there I want to watch. I still haven’t watched Mrs Davis or The Resort or Poker Face so I might go with the $5 thing when my deal is up. There’s worse apps. Like Paramount+.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Paramount+ on my Vizio TV doesn't have a "play from beginning" button

So I went to rewatch something that, earlier, I had stopped viewing at the credits, and I had to manually rewind through the whole thing to the beginning

Only later did I realize it would be easier to have manually fast forwarded to the end, thereby resetting the playing time

It's still bullshit.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The genuine VHS experience

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Every single service assumes you want to resume the episode in the end credits. :downs:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
They're all remarkably bad at implementing the basic concept of "watching the next episode of the show you watched last night"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Frantically lunges for the remote as the skip intro link pops up…nooo!Missed it!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I hope more shows will go the Better Call Saul route and do intros that are just 10-second bits of eyecatch.

That, or get Gary Portnoy and John Sebastian to compose a heartwarming song for literally every show.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
I'mma have a 3-minute prog metal intro for my show and will specifically request the skip intro button be disabled

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
The Kimmy Schmidt choose your own adventure special had a great easter egg hidden in the skip intro button

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Bananaquiter posted:

Every single service assumes you want to resume the episode in the end credits. :downs:

I wouldn't say that's true. Most of em are fine at prompting the next one if I back out during credits.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Final season of Reservation Dogs starts August 8th!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

10 Beers posted:

gently caress yeah

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

10 Beers posted:

Yay!

quote:

final season

I knew it was the final season but it still hurts

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Halloween Jack posted:

They're all remarkably bad at implementing the basic concept of "watching the next episode of the show you watched last night"

Max now forgets where I was in an episode I stopped watching whether it was in the middle or the ending credits and just starts the episode over...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I randomly decided to watch an episode of Futurama on Hulu yesterday and it helpfully picked up where I left off (right before the credits). I watched that show like 8 years ago.