Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't really think one pace is necessary for east blue but maybe they didn't cut much I haven't watched it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

when did the anime rlly start catching up with the manga anyways

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

its still like a year behind I think

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I think somewhere around Enies Lobby

Finally watched the Jujutsu Kaisen movie now that the second season is starting. Not bad but they really didn't need to cram every single character from the show in for a cameo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I can’t blow unless I see the ship sink.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

I think somewhere around Enies Lobby

Finally watched the Jujutsu Kaisen movie now that the second season is starting. Not bad but they really didn't need to cram every single character from the show in for a cameo

yeah its enies lobby or thriller bark where it starts gettin really bad but theres a ton of filler and weird pacing problems before then. some good filler too though iirc

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
All the Frank Frazetta talk put me in the mood to rewatch the John Milius Conan movie and it still rules. I remember someone describing the tone as a Spaghetti Western in the fantasy genre which fits perfectly.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kes2P4IC2bQ

Thinking about buying one of these too https://www.madebyjuvie.com/collections/tables-chairs/products/hot-boy-chair

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

update: lmfao at how huge and loving heavy this book is. fifteen pounds lol, what the gently caress

What was shipping

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

STONE COLD 64 posted:

What was shipping

seemed like free shipping across the board. lol proceed with caution tho.. cannot emphasize enough that this thing is like hauling around a bigass stone tablet. perhaps Vanguard Publishing's "Fantastic Paintings of Frazetta" might be more reasonable for monsieur? at a scant 3.5 lbs

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

seemed like free shipping across the board. lol proceed with caution tho.. cannot emphasize enough that this thing is like hauling around a bigass stone tablet. perhaps Vanguard Publishing's "Fantastic Paintings of Frazetta" might be more reasonable for monsieur? at a scant 3.5 lbs

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
The venture bros movie is really great if you’re a fan of the show. Maybe incomprehensible if you haven’t watched the last few seasons

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I'm like 8 episodes into Chainsaw Man and it must have had a really high budget. Animation is gorgeous and each episode has a unique end credits sequence. Some of those early devil fights convinced me that Platinum should make a game adaptation.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

def read the manga too. both are fantastic

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

copy posted:

def read the manga too. both are fantastic

Good news. This week's chainsaw man was really good

copy
Jul 26, 2007

joke at the start was loving hilarious

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Uncle Frank posted:

Good news. This week's chainsaw man was really good

i hd no idea where this was going but this 100% wasnt it. absolutely incredible

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

ghosthorse posted:

The venture bros movie is really great if you’re a fan of the show. Maybe incomprehensible if you haven’t watched the last few seasons

cool, i'm probably just gonna rewatch the entire series before i watch the movie. i don't think i've ever seen the last season or honestly maybe even the last 2.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

helck ftw

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Just finished catching up with dandadan. The art is so rad

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

ArfJason posted:

It's so much fun to read. Crazy that it's weekly with that art

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Uncle Frank posted:

It's so much fun to read. Crazy that it's weekly with that art

Yeah im baffled how he can keep that level of quality going weekly. Apparently he was main assistant on one punch man (i havent read opm)
Also hes got an amazing grasp on anatomy cause the way the characters contort and bend and twist looks phenomenal and is full of motion. A+

----------------

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

the alien and monster designs in dandadan are amazing

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

its seriously sme of the best art ive ever seen, just incredible

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!
i just finished watching thriller bark (one piece) and it's pretty stinkin good! i was pretty unenthusiastic about it in the beginning considering it comes right after water 7 (my favorite arc so far) but as i watched on it really grew on me. love the design of the entire arc, the characters are really interesting and brook is my favorite straw hat now

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I felt like thriller bark kinda moved too quick, it would have been fun to have a little more goofy castle exploration before the big showdown. But it kinda needed to be a shorter arc after water 7 so whatever

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!

P-Mack posted:

I felt like thriller bark kinda moved too quick, it would have been fun to have a little more goofy castle exploration before the big showdown. But it kinda needed to be a shorter arc after water 7 so whatever

yeah i'm glad it didnt go for super long, personally i thought the castle exploration stuff in the beginning was kinda lame but as it went on i got pretty invested into the lore of the place

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

got around halfway thru Blood Meridian on vacation so far and it's fuckin killer. i read The Road for a high school English class and while it was enthralling i didnt rlly click w/ McCarthy's style back then and just wanted to get a good grade out of analyzing it, but reading something of his now for leisure it just clicks and grabs me by the throat. describing a sunset ten times in one chapter in completely epic yet totally different ways is ftw, absolutely godly metaphors

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Wrapped up Kids on the Slope. Extremely dusty in here, all of the sudden

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/dexerto/status/1684987332343017477?s=46

:whitewater:

wowee thanks again Dendy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AI written and animated dark souls anime? Can I sub twice???

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I'll allow it, you can buy my netflix subscription.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
reading yotsubato chapter about a kotatsu has me looking up kotatsus on amazon in the middle of summer whilst living in the deep south

copy
Jul 26, 2007

In Training posted:

lol

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mycophobia posted:

reading yotsubato chapter about a kotatsu has me looking up kotatsus on amazon in the middle of summer whilst living in the deep south

we've all been there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

----------------