Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

I bet they'll be blockbusters on twitter. As in illegally uploaded.

Remember how the whole point of getting a CEO was so Elon could gently caress off with his tampering and go back to Tesla. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Just think. Your company will be reaching twice the number of Nazis and racists as before!

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Elon "getting harassed on my platform seems like a 'you' problem" Musk

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

kazil posted:

Elon's having himself a day

I think you missed the joke

Lol.

1. Doesn't understand the quote
2. Questions about my "not the CEO" shirt ect.
3. Pay me money to avoid any fraud enabled by my company. #NotExtortion

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

every time i see a linda yaccarino post im more and more convinced she's a bot

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
She might as well check out completely and take the paycheck.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Linda’s post has strong “no guys really Twitter is a big trend setter and we are making these movies happen” vibes.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
elon couldn't quote princess bride correctly and here he is reaching for shakespeare

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Jfc I missed the Linda tweet in there, :laugh: Is the business about the profile pics actually true or is it just a slight exaggeration of every other thing happening with Twitter?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

The racist and transphobic conversations are heating up on Twitter. We’ll see what happens this weekend. But one thing's for sure – they’re both blockbusters on Twitter!

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
How can anything be a "blockbuster" on Twitter? That would mean a limit on resources such that users have to queue*rate limit exceeded*

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Since Elon is technically not the CEO and just an owner, is there any way a board could even run him off even though it is clearly him that is aggressively running the company into the dirt?

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Zwabu posted:

Since Elon is technically not the CEO and just an owner, is there any way a board could even run him off even though it is clearly him that is aggressively running the company into the dirt?

What board

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
For real though good for Linda

She's got a CEO title for her resume, making a decent paycheck I'm assuming and her CTO is making every decision for the company lol

If my boss wanted to do all my work and make all the decisions for me, and I still get paid, I'd be all for it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I wonder how much she would be legally liable for.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Yeah, CEO comes with some legal responsibility if I'm not mistaken

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

goatface posted:

pretty sure all of the super sketchy decisions like "lets not pay rent" and "lets fire anyone who knows what they're doing" were made by Elon before she came aboard, literally all she does is post like a social media manager from 2009, which i dont think is illegal.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

goatface posted:

After the box office sets new records next week, Linda will post “#Oppentwitter is the bomb!” And be promptly sent to jail

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Zwabu posted:

A board is something a company with shareholders has. There are no shareholders any more. Twitter is Elon, Elon is Twitter.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Amphigory posted:

Yeah, CEO comes with some legal responsibility if I'm not mistaken

In America?!? That doesn't sound right.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Kibayasu posted:

A board is something a company with shareholders has. There are no shareholders any more. Twitter is Elon, Elon is Twitter.

twitter no longer has shareholders, but tesla does. but i dont know if twitter became part of tesla or if x is some new term for the whole thing or what

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

I totally trust something called "Sprinklr" to be a serious arbiter of hate speech.

It sounds like a piss fetish dating app.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

https://twitter.com/steinkobbe/status/1681687197299224583?s=20

Jesus I really feel for the guy

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Instead of "why me" he should really just ask himself "why?"

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

As things continue to get worse all around and climate change is slowly destroying us, having a key figure in all this being "Catturd" is a perfect summation of where all this nonsense has led to.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Because you’re a loser with no real life friends or family I am assuming?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I imagine Catturd as a tired artisanal craftsman, slaving over a desk with a small lamp above, just fine crafting every tweet to get it perfect. It’s a hard life but it’s art and that makes it worth it (apparently not though)

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
It’s hard being on the front lines of the Posting War

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
poo poo I've been posting stupid poo poo on the internet since 1997 and I'm not tired of it yet lol

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Lol at the goons who wander in musing about ways Elon could get “fired” from the private company he paid $44 billion for.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

kazil posted:

Elon's having himself a day

Is he implying AOC harasses people normally or that she actually enjoys being harassed or...what? I'm super confused at what he thinks he means here. I'm sure it's an absolutely devastating burn though, good job Elon. She's gonna make sex on you now for sure little buddy!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Lol at the goons who wander in musing about ways Elon could get “fired” from the private company he paid $44 billion for.

technically, Linda could do the funniest thing ever and fire Elon as CTO

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Steadiman posted:

Is he implying AOC harasses people normally or that she actually enjoys being harassed or...what? I'm super confused at what he thinks he means here. I'm sure it's an absolutely devastating burn though, good job Elon. She's gonna make sex on you now for sure little buddy!

He’s literally just saying “quit whining”

Except in a “fancy” way that he thinks looks like an own

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

He could get more than "fired" if he pisses of the Saudis

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

He’s literally just saying “quit whining”

Except in a “fancy” way that he thinks looks like an own

I should've figured he'd miss the point of that quote and just make it a literal thing. It's still weird but good luck to Musk, I hope she notices him

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Does Catturd make any money from his posting or does he tweet purely out of commitment to the commonweal?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Elon desperately trying to fit the image his consultants kept up for him before just constantly showing his rear end

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

spunkshui posted:

Because you’re a loser with no real life friends or family I am assuming?

Well I think I was being sarcastic about @catturd2

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Halisnacks posted:

Does Catturd make any money from his posting or does he tweet purely out of commitment to the commonweal?

He's very not angry that he got left out of the twitter money
https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/status/1681714777406439437

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

It's not gonna happen, but I'm gonna believe in the company wide mutiny. What's he gonna do? Tell payroll to stop paying themselves? HR to fire themselves? Just a giant workers uprising where they contract someone to change all the locks on him and leave him powerless while they run the company.