Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

me when the product team is holding an hour long backlog review at 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://twitter.com/OkButStill/status/1680986533082411009

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

akadajet posted:

me when the product team is holding an hour long backlog review at 4

me when the stand-up enters the second hour

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/king_of_games34/status/1681020925448159234#m

e: oh, nitter doesn't show the reader context thing. you got me, gg

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/alexapdos/status/1681333011671838720

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

https://twitter.com/yunjindotcom/status/1681502104526131200

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

https://twitter.com/muda_zukuri/status/1681609575517282304

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

so is this something that a lot of tiktokers are doing constantly all the time now or one moment the stars aligned for maximum internet weird like the sandwich kickstarter

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

:shrug:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

have we determined why she's popping single popcorn kernels with a hair straightener

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Cat Face Joe posted:

have we determined why she's popping single popcorn kernels with a hair straightener

beats workin

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

is this supposed to be intelligible to people who aren't on tiktok 24/7 because if so i'm a fuckin' idiot

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I am not going to click on it - i can already tell I will not understand it anyway

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

raminasi posted:

is this supposed to be intelligible to people who aren't on tiktok 24/7 because if so i'm a fuckin' idiot

no

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

if you buy an emoji, she does a canned response. it's called "human npc"

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

haveblue posted:

so is this something that a lot of tiktokers are doing constantly all the time now or one moment the stars aligned for maximum internet weird like the sandwich kickstarter

its the :latestfad:
the algorithm will make something else popular in a week or two

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

the world is so funny

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i don't understand whats going on in that video at all and feel old

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

:nomnom:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Beeftweeter posted:

i don't understand whats going on in that video at all and feel old

apparently the business model goes like this:

-tiktok lets you buy emotes, or maybe a few instances of using an emote, I'm not sure. this gives tiktok money
-if you then use that emote on someone's stream, tiktok will give some of that money to them as revenue share
-this person is entertainingly good at pantomiming emotes irl
-this attracts a large number of emote users to her stream so as long as she holds their attention by acting like a glitching disney robot they will keep using emotes and thus giving her money

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

haveblue posted:

apparently the business model goes like this:

-tiktok lets you buy emotes, or maybe a few instances of using an emote, I'm not sure. this gives tiktok money
-if you then use that emote on someone's stream, tiktok will give some of that money to them as revenue share
-this person is entertainingly good at pantomiming emotes irl
-this attracts a large number of emote users to her stream so as long as she holds their attention by acting like a glitching disney robot they will keep using emotes and thus giving her money

the influencer economy is weird and confusing. good for her, but i can't imagine who is spending money on this poo poo

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
It's all so overwhelmingly sad.

https://twitter.com/goth600/status/1679379211545645056

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

UNEXPECTED

https://twitter.com/ClassicJadeChic/status/1678814446427176988

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
sometimes i get really mad that people make hundreds of thousands of dollars or more doing that poo poo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

edit: hahaha

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

sometimes i get really mad that people make hundreds of thousands of dollars or more doing that poo poo

idk why, that poo poo looks way harder than what I do for a living, those ladies deserve it

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm
it seems like a good scam, if you can get it going. i can't imagine the work that goes into having to find the next way to get money from being a meme, once the current meme is played out

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

rotor posted:

idk why, that poo poo looks way harder than what I do for a living, those ladies deserve it

she is just reacting to emojis people are paying for (for some reason). if your job is easier than that i envy you

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

she is just reacting to emojis people are paying for (for some reason). if your job is easier than that i envy you

can you imagine doing that for an hour? Every day?

George
Nov 27, 2004

I get really mad that the machine exists that incentivizes this. I get really mad that any amount of human talent and creativity is misspent on this trash. They should be able to get that bag doing something fulfilling.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

rotor posted:

yeah it's a lot harder than you think to repeat gestures and words hundreds of times in a row for hours on end

especially that other girl who's bouncing in her seat the whole time

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

George posted:

I get really mad that the machine exists that incentivizes this. I get really mad that any amount of human talent and creativity is misspent on this trash. They should be able to get that bag doing something fulfilling.

yeah i guess it's more this. i don't know who's spending money on this crap but i guess its kids, they might be incentivized to emulate that behavior because they think they can hit it big doing this (or other influencer bullshit). but it's probably a small subset of people doing it that make any appreciable amount

rotor posted:

fair enough, i guess that'd take a lot of energy

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

George posted:

yeah, like uhhhh, making their boss a bunch of money....

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/KevinGeeksOut/status/1681021225630330885

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i appreciate and am jealous when people find a way to scam the system for easy money but it would be depressing if this was what they did all day every day to make a living lol

my son said he wanted to start a youtube channel (like all kids do, his motivation was specifically to be famous and rich) and i have never had a harder time trying to resolve the internal conflict between being an encouraging, supportive parent and the urge to tell him that it's a dumb idea

George
Nov 27, 2004

post hole digger posted:

yeah, like uhhhh, making their boss a bunch of money....

What the gently caress?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

George posted:

yeah, like enabling enterprise business solutions.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

haveblue posted:

...repeat gestures and words hundreds of times in a row for hours on end...

Sounds like every lovely job I've held, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

"oh this poor woman, this is just awful, look at how she has to waste her life to make ends meet. well, better get to work on integrating chumbo into the jenkins pipeline"