Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
yeah exactly
playing a f2p game is like being in an adversarial competition with the dev where if you pay money you lose
and if you have fun (or quit for good) you win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

So, I read it's only the playstation version that changed?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Wiltsghost posted:

So, I read it's only the playstation version that changed?

Playstation got the 4kidsified alcohol/joy/cigarettes, probably because Buddy is a minor and Sony has a hard no policy on that (but not Nintendo, evidently??). I assume the other changes are for everyone unless I hear otherwise.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Pigbuster posted:

Playstation got the 4kidsified alcohol/joy/cigarettes, probably because Buddy is a minor and Sony has a hard no policy on that (but not Nintendo, evidently??). I assume the other changes are for everyone unless I hear otherwise.

how does the game even make sense at that point

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Who the hell is going to play Joyful on Playstation anyway? It's enough of a beating to finish the first game.
The music change is meh but the biggest problem are the many launch bugs, wait out a few patches and maybe a sale.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Squiggle posted:

I figure, it's a hover car in a world that expects there to be generally-recognized lanes and levels.

ed: But I had to justify it to myself because I kinda wish I could've just pitched up and down too. It's not Hardwar.

Maybe I can bind the up down to where I expect pitch to be and it will be ok. I hope so, because I like the game otherwise

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
anyone trying Bloodhound? definitely looks like it's invoking Painkiller by the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7OwjaWGZEs

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Is there a way to "force" a controller onto a game? I booted up Slipstream for the first time in a while, which I've always played with my 8BitDo Pro 2 and which it detected months ago but now it doesn't. The controller definitely works with every other game I've tested so far on Steam, so not sure what the issue is except this one game doesn't detect it.

Another possibility that I'm guessing is that maybe my Pro 2 is assigned to controller slot 2 or something somehow? I do plug in a Snack Box Micro XL once in a while for arcade games so I'm wondering if maybe that's it, even when unplugged. But I went hunting in the settings and found nothing that seemed like it affects either setting.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

anyone trying Bloodhound? definitely looks like it's invoking Painkiller by the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7OwjaWGZEs

Painkiller except there's more hitscanners, less room to maneuver, and no damage feedback

it's a no from me

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
dang, guess I won’t wishlist it then

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Artelier posted:

Is there a way to "force" a controller onto a game? I booted up Slipstream for the first time in a while, which I've always played with my 8BitDo Pro 2 and which it detected months ago but now it doesn't. The controller definitely works with every other game I've tested so far on Steam, so not sure what the issue is except this one game doesn't detect it.

Another possibility that I'm guessing is that maybe my Pro 2 is assigned to controller slot 2 or something somehow? I do plug in a Snack Box Micro XL once in a while for arcade games so I'm wondering if maybe that's it, even when unplugged. But I went hunting in the settings and found nothing that seemed like it affects either setting.

If a game has no controller support you can set up steam input or an equivalent program to just emulate keyboard keys.
I dunno if that's the best solution for a game that does support controllers but just refuses to recognize one in particular though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Artelier posted:

Can that controller switch between Direct Input and XInput modes? It comes down to that almost always.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Overthrew SHODAN today. fun game, would overthrow again and recommend others do the same. really glad this remake exists since I liked SS2 but the first game appeared to be an advanced BIOS interface and was too ancient for me to try.

I finished it in 23 hours, merely more than twice as long as you have on the 10-hour time limit hard difficulty

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Owl Inspector posted:

Overthrew SHODAN today. fun game, would overthrow again and recommend others do the same. really glad this remake exists since I liked SS2 but the first game appeared to be an advanced BIOS interface and was too ancient for me to try.

I finished it in 23 hours, merely more than twice as long as you have on the 10-hour time limit hard difficulty
What’d you think of the plasma rifle?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

LLSix posted:

What’d you think of the plasma rifle?
Primary fire is rear end, secondary wouldn't be out of place in Daikatana.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It was an interesting endgame challenge to have an altfire that is more likely to kill you than any enemies

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Owl Inspector posted:

It was an interesting endgame challenge to have an altfire that is more likely to kill you than any enemies

System Shock Remake’s plasma rifle reminded me of an almost identical copy of the Half-Life 2 combine pulse rifle, complete with “whirring electric pinball of death” alt fire

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

how the turn tables

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2357570/Overwatch_2/

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Is this related to the MS purchase, or is it too early?

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!
Haha, oh poo poo.

Still not going to play it. I have it for the Switch and it sucks rear end.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

:psyduck:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

lmao

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rinkles posted:

it probably is. I'm pretty sure MS hates BNet and wants it gone

also this is a f2p game so it can soak up extra playerbase

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!
Found the solution to this odd bug.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xpforr
Sep 7, 2022

:lol::lol:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

:lol:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bwl

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Rinkles posted:

I don't think MS are allowed or able to make ABK do anything until the merger is completed.

I'm more interested in this apparently being the first in "a selection" of Blizzard Steam releases. Wonder what's going to come over next? Blizzard Arcade Collection, probably, maybe Diablo 2 Resurrection... I doubt that WoW or Diablo 4 will make the leap because they want people to still use Battle.net, and Warcraft 3 Reforged would just be inviting some very eager reviews. A penny for your speculation!

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

So many cheap asset flips on Steam these days.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Kins posted:

I don't think MS are allowed or able to make ABK do anything until the merger is completed.

I'm more interested in this apparently being the first in "a selection" of Blizzard Steam releases. Wonder what's going to come over next? Blizzard Arcade Collection, probably, maybe Diablo 2 Resurrection... I doubt that WoW or Diablo 4 will make the leap because they want people to still use Battle.net, and Warcraft 3 Reforged would just be inviting some very eager reviews. A penny for your speculation!
i could def see D2R coming over to Steam

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I could see SC2 being another easy choice, along with the remasters, but I imagine they hold off on WoW and D4 for awhile. I don't think they care about reviews because OW2 is going to release to a mountain of bad ones

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's very funny that Valve had to do literally nothing to get everyone come crawling back to them.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Looks like decreasing player numbers are probably why this is happening, rather than the MS merger.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mordja posted:

It's very funny that Valve had to do literally nothing to get everyone come crawling back to them.

That's not quite accurate.

They had to NOT violently poo poo their own pants in front of everyone.

Which, judging from every other big player in the games industry, is apparently really really difficult.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
If you ever played Riven you have to watch this. Yesterday Cyan released 5 minutes of bloopers for the FMV cutscenes in Riven. It's so cool seeing outtakes from shots that are burned into my memory from playing this as a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIUiR1ETqgM

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Battle.net downloader predated Steam by a few years. Doesn't really matter though in the case of OW2 since it's F2P (and dead).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It sucks how badly Blizzard butchered Overwatch. It could have been a really great game, the premise is fantastic, and it has a great foundation for a really fun and competitive shooter. I also love the characters, and artstyle. But then you actually play it and it just feels like rear end. The balance is so bad.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Also, this from a couple days ago:
https://www.pcgamer.com/making-call-of-duty-a-battlenet-exclusive-was-a-resounding-failure-argues-microsoft/

"Activision's attempt to take PC digital sales of Call of Duty exclusive to its Battle.net platform was a resounding failure," reads part of the document. "Before 2018, Activision sold digital versions of PC Call of Duty titles on Valve's successful Steam platform. In 2018, Activision decided to take the game off of Steam and make it exclusively available on Battle.net—largely in an effort to attract users to, and grow, Activision's own platform. Battle.net's monthly active users ('MAUs') remained relatively flat during the period when it had exclusive access to digital sales of Call of Duty on PC, from 2018 through 2022."