Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Were you tired of Druid being bullshit? No? Then I have some good news for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Disciple and Ancient look bad, Freya is probably going to be part of some Avianna/Kun combo my brain can't think of right now,

:lol: Lifebinder's Gift

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
It’s worth noting that Lifebinder’s Gift doesn’t specify Druid Nature spells, so you can potentially get things like Hex, Lightning Storm, Command of Neptulon, and Whirlpool off it. There’s a fair amount of garbage in the pool, though.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

The Lord Bude posted:

This is the fundamental problem with modern hearthstone. It’s inherently unfun when your opponent can generate 10-20 extra cards that never started in their decks and could be anything.

Blame a power creep arms race. This is the direction they had to take control when they made it so agro would never run out of resources until they deck themselves. Agro used to run out of steam when they ran out of cards in hand and control would drop a big minion like alextrasa and close out. Now control has to keep clearing the board even longer and you get win cons like Mograine and the 4 Horsemen and the priest quest.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
my friend list has somehow blown up into drama and lol i ain't dealing with that poo poo. who gets mad about loving Casual Wild

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Disciple and Ancient look bad, Freya is probably going to be part of some Avianna/Kun combo my brain can't think of right now,

Disciple is interesting because you can bank it and get both sides of nourish for example. All the previous instances of that effect had to stick on the board I think. Anything you were going to do with freya you could do with the old Elise card that duped your hand for cheaper. Does it help to have 2 elise? multiple freya? with Floop, druid could already copy their hand infinitely and with 7 board spaces, copying your board multiple times has limited value. Gift looks scary but current druid isn't casting lots of spells to win the game.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Disciple into Ancient is 20/20 worth of stats for 7 mana(also 15 of those are taunts). Also all the other broken stuff you can do with Disciple

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

RatHat posted:

Turn 1 is shorter, around 30 seconds

Fair enough, the larger point still stands though :tipshat:

RatHat posted:

Were you tired of Druid being bullshit? No? Then I have some good news for you!

I'm ready to play broken Ramp.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Wonder how that works with Rythm and Roots, do you get one and then the other later?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Probably not because you can't have two Rhythm and Roots active at once.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I really hate that because the fandom wiki website system has become such garbage nobody loving bothers to update the hearthstone wiki with interaction info like that anymore

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
I should clarify that I've never actually played Rhythm and Roots with Fandral active or whatever, I just know that because I got two copies in an arena draft once.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Freya + the Druid Titan is pretty scary:

Play Titan, use the refresh mana power, get a 5/5 Taunt.
Play Freya, duplicate the Titan and the 5/5 Taunt.
Use another ability on the second Titan (Restore Hero to full or draw until hand is full), get another 5/5 Taunt.

3 5/5 Taunts, 2 5/7 Titans, a 4/6, and a full hand or full life.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Blame a power creep arms race. This is the direction they had to take control when they made it so agro would never run out of resources until they deck themselves. Agro used to run out of steam when they ran out of cards in hand and control would drop a big minion like alextrasa and close out. Now control has to keep clearing the board even longer and you get win cons like Mograine and the 4 Horsemen and the priest quest.

It can’t be an arms race when you’re (Blizzard) both sides of the conflict.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
Took me until now to realize:
you can throw spellcrafts on unpurchased Zesty Shakers in Bob's Tavern. Good for proccing Tidemistress Athissa + Deep Blues when my board was already full.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Blood Treant into Conservator Nymph seems like a nasty tempo play, especially with the coin.

I can't decide if Frost Lotus is Ferocious Howl power creep or not, regardless it's fine at base but really good upgraded.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jul 18, 2023

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

I can't decide if Frost Lotus is Ferocious Howl power creep or not, regardless it's fine at base but really good upgraded.

Fine at base is really pushing it - it's a worse Shield Block for 1 more mana. And upgraded is great, but having to wait a full three turns after you draw it to get full effect I think puts a low enough floor on the card that I wouldn't call it power creep. I do think it is a good card and will see a lot of play.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

its literally the perfect card to mulligan for, going first

too bad about every other situation

oof

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
When do the pre-sale packs for expansions get taken out of the store? Is it the day the expansion releases or a few days after?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

When do the pre-sale packs for expansions get taken out of the store? Is it the day the expansion releases or a few days after?

Day of release.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I wonder if the guy who came up with Jade Golems gets any royalties.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

bravesword posted:

I wonder if the guy who came up with Jade Golems gets any royalties.

larger and larger checks

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Excelzior posted:

larger and larger checks

They'll just reprint Skulking Geist and kill all future checks.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

lol this is far and away the craziest game I ever had. That quest OP as gently caress.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
2 new cards added to Core to replace the Paladin secrets that were removed in the rotation at the start of the year

Looked like Paladins probably won’t get new secrets at all and instead they’ll have auras

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I wonder if any other classes will get new Core Set cards. It seems weird to have Paladin with a slightly bigger Core Set; not that these cards are amazing or anything.

They at least make more flavor sense than Paladin secrets ever did. Any really, Paladin secrets haven’t been relevant since Sword of the Fallen got nerfed.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Btw the other 4 Paladin cards revealed in this batch

These all seem really good, though obviously not all in the same deck.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Two games, back to back:

Game 1: From 1hp, the Blood DK heals for 36 and simultaneously clears the board.
Game 2: Mage plays ELEVEN Solid Alibis.

I genuinely laughed at the absurdity. :v:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Secret rogue demolishes both of those matchups, and I’ve been FARMING Blood DK. People are obsessed with that deck.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

RatHat posted:

Btw the other 4 Paladin cards revealed in this batch

These all seem really good, though obviously not all in the same deck.

Am I reading Astral Serpent right in that it'll trigger on the turn it's played, because it didn't attack?

If so a 4 mana 3/3 draw 2 as base is pretty great.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Am I reading Astral Serpent right in that it'll trigger on the turn it's played, because it didn't attack?

And it forces your opponent to remove it, otherwise it draws two more cards. So it's basically a 4 mana 3/3 with taunt and "Can't attack. At the end of the turn, draw 2 cards."

But it doesn't fit into the archetype of not-Jade Golems, which wants to resurrect their Earthen generator (that has 3 attack), not this card.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

It’s a little worse than a 4 mana 3/3 with Battlecry: Draw 2 because you don’t get the cards on the same turn, but yeah it looks solid

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Woo-wee does the Demon Hunter set suck rear end. The legendaries look cool in Relic, and there’s a new big Demon for Big, but the commons and rares look like they were designed under the misapprehension that the Year of the Gryphon sets didn’t rotate back in April. Momentum is an especially infuriating design because it’s a non-bo with both Magnifying Glaive and Glaivetar. Nothing new in the Fel or Outcast pools either, so it’s not even spicing up your discovers.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I think im done for a while
I went 1-21 yesterday and I was for a while quite literally the worst Legend

I've got the yips. Even gimme games slip between my fingers. It's over.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

bravesword posted:

Woo-wee does the Demon Hunter set suck rear end. The legendaries look cool in Relic, and there’s a new big Demon for Big, but the commons and rares look like they were designed under the misapprehension that the Year of the Gryphon sets didn’t rotate back in April. Momentum is an especially infuriating design because it’s a non-bo with both Magnifying Glaive and Glaivetar. Nothing new in the Fel or Outcast pools either, so it’s not even spicing up your discovers.

I was thinking they look fine and then I realised I'd been playing so much Twist I forgot what DH had in Standard.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

bravesword posted:

On one hand, drawing cards is a consistent enough part of DH's identity that I can't call these cards completely useless. On the other hand, everything in this set of cards except Runic Adornment is too expensive to fit in any Outcast-based strategies, and there just aren't the cards to make chunky mid-range creatures that care about drawing cards work right now. So... keep an eye on these after rotation in case the right kind of cheap card draw gets printed, I guess?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Kind of a weird question but mathematically speaking is it best to open standard packs before the expansion ones, or after? Or does it not matter?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Kind of a weird question but mathematically speaking is it best to open standard packs before the expansion ones, or after? Or does it not matter?

After to increase your odds of new cards

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Next round of Choose Your Titan

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/vote/choose-your-titan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

The full order list via reddit was figured out a while ago:

1) Class Packs
2) Golden Standard Packs
3) Standard Packs
4) Golden Expansion Packs
5) Claim Amazon Prime Legendary on Twitch.tv
6) Expansion Packs
7) Accept rewards track legendaries after opening all your packs