Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

speaking of insulin.................

https://twitter.com/LPNH/status/1681692814185230337

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
that's a troll account right

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

In the sense that they're trying to get a rise out of people but they more or less actually believe it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
oh so they're really libertarians

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lol

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Just look inside yourself, think of the dumbest possible political stance a person can hold, and somewhere in the world a libertarian believes it wholeheartedly

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Here's my main knowledge of NH Libertarians:

https://www.columbiadailyherald.com/story/news/nation-world/2014/07/02/inside-libertarian-festival-guns-booze/25725507007/

They have a big Free State Festival where people come and do libertarianism and some random guy challenges people to refute that his Mystery Syringes are worse than calling an ambulance for a kid having a seizure

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
And I'd even say "taxation is equivalent to chatel slavery" is a fundamental belief that the vast majority of libertarians endorse

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Ridiculous.

It's actually worse

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ridiculous.

It's actually worse

Well yeah, imagine the government stepping in and saying you can't sell your own kids. Tyranny.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Failed Imagineer posted:

Well to be fair most beers aren't vegan because of the finings, but I doubt this dumbass was thinking along those lines

I don’t know any commercial brewers that use isinglass, when carrageenan is cheaper and easier, and fermenter finings tend to be algae and/or pvpp based. I don’t know if it’s different where you are (I am not in the states) but as a commercial brewer, I’ve never even seen isinglass based finings on our suppliers’ product lists.

so yeah, most commercial beer is vegan until the boss wants a trendy new milkshake kettle soured ice cream IPA and you dump a shitton of lactose in it. or put honey in.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Truga posted:

that's a troll account right

libertarians think government subsidiezed healthcare will enslave doctors lol

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

No, they 100% believe this poo poo, even if they're also trying to get a rise out of her. More than once I've argued for universal health care to have a fuckwit tell me that this means putting doctors and nurses "in slavery" because "then they'll be forced to treat people without pay".

It's a successful argument in the sense that it's so breathtakingly stupid that you're taken aback when a grown adult honestly believes that stuff.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

what was that old post? libertarianism: everything is slavery except actual slavery, which is good

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

is there a price at which the excessive/unaffordable cost of life-saving medicine violates the NAP?

(ofc not)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

No, they 100% believe this poo poo, even if they're also trying to get a rise out of her. More than once I've argued for universal health care to have a fuckwit tell me that this means putting doctors and nurses "in slavery" because "then they'll be forced to treat people without pay".

It's a successful argument in the sense that it's so breathtakingly stupid that you're taken aback when a grown adult honestly believes that stuff.

i've never heard an explanation from libertarians but do they think that public defenders are slaves

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

projecthalaxy posted:

Can you imagine such a future?

Performative masculinity makes me so loving tired.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

spacemang_spliff posted:

i've never heard an explanation from libertarians but do they think that public defenders are slaves

Probably. If you're not being paid, it's slavery. I'd bet they'd have zero issue with something like unpaid internships, though.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shithouse Dave posted:

I don’t know any commercial brewers that use isinglass, when carrageenan is cheaper and easier, and fermenter finings tend to be algae and/or pvpp based. I don’t know if it’s different where you are (I am not in the states) but as a commercial brewer, I’ve never even seen isinglass based finings on our suppliers’ product lists.

so yeah, most commercial beer is vegan until the boss wants a trendy new milkshake kettle soured ice cream IPA and you dump a shitton of lactose in it. or put honey in.

I stand corrected - it was more of a thing here in Ireland because Guinness used isinglass up until pretty recently

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

If there's one thing I know about Southern plantation owners it's that they believed in providing free cotton to everyone as a human right

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

evergreen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBHicyqMML4

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Jenny Agutter posted:

what was that old post? libertarianism: everything is slavery except actual slavery, which is good

it's not the one you're thinking of but my favorite one is "a libertarian's core belief is that his girlfriend shouldn't have to sit in a car seat"

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

World War Mammories posted:

it's not the one you're thinking of but my favorite one is "a libertarian's core belief is that his girlfriend shouldn't have to sit in a car seat"

lol classic

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

my bony fealty posted:

love a good meaty ale

the brewpub that now-senator from colorado john hickenlooper founded has a bull testicle stout.

edit: it started as a special batch for april fool's day but actually became popular. they brew it in 8 barrel batches (1984 pints) and use 25 bull testicles in that

fermun has issued a correction as of 03:11 on Jul 20, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I've definitely lost arguments to people because I had my brain broken and could not figure out what the hell they were going on about

lmfao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SwannMarcus89/status/1681381553719459840
https://twitter.com/SwannMarcus89/status/1681385864386035712

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Imagine if they got paid more

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

accidentally stumbling into how your own ideology relies on a permanent labor underclass and colonial exploitation. a good liberal.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
You can either pick fruit for pennies or open a microbrewery, such is the dichotomy of man

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Let them eat cake open yarn stores

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
bananas cost like ten cents in every grocery store in north america

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

vyelkin posted:

they must be so cheap to grow, harvest, package, ship, and distribute!!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

@SwannMarcus88

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

vyelkin posted:

Wow sure seems like raising that price to fifteen cents sure could help out a lot of those workers!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
that guy literally cannot imagine a world where a banana costs twenty cents instead of ten

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i’m not sure this guy’s seen apocalypse now

https://twitter.com/idothethinking/status/1681841304865767426

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Me and the boys hitting the cinema for a 35mil re-release of Apocalypse Now Redux

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I think he might have watched Tropic Thunder (which tbf is excellent)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

he accidentally watched hot shots 2