Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Lamebot posted:

Sweaties stomping the game with their OP cookie cutter unoriginal builds afraid they might have to actually invest time in the game and not bypass all the devs' hard work 😂

☝️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
season should have launched today

i have some sorc things to try

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Time posted:

Thinking about rogue stuff. Haven’t rly played it yet and excited to try it!!!!

Best find the Advil now, because you'll have a mighty sore grin when it's stretched ear to ear tomorrow

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Fenarisk posted:

I logged in and got completion/claim option for full renown in 2 zones when I was barely past the max obols prior. It's like the game just gifted me 200 renown in 2 zones.

My level is the same, I didn't complete any new quests or dungeons, but post patch I now have 8 free paragon points I guess. This happen to anyone else?

They buffed sidequests to 30 renown and dungeons to 40 retroactively.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Whats so special about those dungeons?

Good time to clear and monster density. Don't forget that the reset dungeons button is also back so you don't have to leave game anymore.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
whats the rogue skill that basically paints a grid across the screen and everything just dies

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Stop abusing an OP class like necro and make a ~~unique~~ build for sorc once the season starts. Get gud n00b

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Philthy posted:

whats the rogue skill that basically paints a grid across the screen and everything just dies

whats the status on those overworld barbarians??

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

can u imagine being one of these people or taking them seriously lmfao

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

whats the status on those overworld barbarians??

they out there dyin'

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

wemgo posted:

Stop abusing an OP class like necro and make a ~~unique~~ build for sorc once the season starts. Get gud n00b

but i was going to try deathblow iron malestrom barb

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Stux posted:

but i was going to try deathblow iron malestrom barb

Hota or bust!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my inclination is that blizzard are a bunch of fuckups like normal, but the soyface youtube reacters / 80 hour a week Diablo 4 grinders / redditors agree with me so it kind of makes me want to think the patch doesn't suck rear end

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

as much as people say barb sucks I'll probably just play barb again because barbs are cool

might try leveling thorns because apparently that scales well early on?

hota is pretty fuckin boring to play, at least death blow / iron maelstrom has more buttons even though they are on tedious cooldowns

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
as both a d4 and poe enjoyer im basicailly jumping up and down with joy watching the insane guys get mad at d4 and go to poe, which is going to tear out the gigantic build defining power boost the current league has in about a month and cause them to cry about thaht game too. eating good lol.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

hawowanlawow posted:

as much as people say barb sucks I'll probably just play barb again because barbs are cool

hota is pretty fuckin boring to play, at least death blow / iron maelstrom has more buttons even though they are on tedious cooldowns

all i know is when i messed w barb pressing iron maelstromg was epic. and thats all i care about.

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
XP for Tree of Whisper / Grim Favor Turn in has apparently gotten a great boost. 40-60% of a level @ 30 on WT2. Unsure of WT1 stats, but that seems pretty decent.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Stux posted:

yup. logged in my necro just to have a look before tomorrow and im as tanky as ever but i do even more damage and have more resource and i was already pushing into nm tiers 25 levels over me before that. the youtube meta cucks stay cucked lol

Feel the same about my necro, been a great patch!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

eonwe posted:

my inclination is that blizzard are a bunch of fuckups like normal, but the soyface youtube reacters / 80 hour a week Diablo 4 grinders / redditors agree with me so it kind of makes me want to think the patch doesn't suck rear end

Your inclinations are spot-on! Blizzard is a bunch of gently caress ups because they don't know how to deliver hard news or a good time to drop it on people. They made it sound like Season 1 characters are gonna be weaker and power up slower compared to the game we've been playing for the past 6 weeks

The soyface youtubers are also stupid, because they believe this to be true.

hawowanlawow posted:

Thorn Barb and Double Swing Barb are going to be HOT. Do it! Invest.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

hawowanlawow posted:

Thorns barb w/ razorplate/needleflare is very FUN to play.

FUN here stands for loving boriNg ,but at least I dont have to keep shouting nonstop to keep my resource up.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

da$5footlong said this patch destroyed everything and i believe him

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Thorn Barb and Double Swing Barb are going to be HOT. Do it! Invest.

I've been playing frenzy/double swing and it's awesome, can't wait for that heart that knocks everything down when your attack speed is increased

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/1681775937183162368

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Uh oh they showed that they can be swayed by endless online complaining

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

da$5footlong said this patch destroyed everything and i believe him

im only interested in asmongold's take tbh. he really tells it like it is

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

eonwe posted:

im only interested in asmongold's take tbh. he really tells it like it is

Dude supported Jan 6…. Not sure he tells it like it is

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Stux posted:

as both a d4 and poe enjoyer im basicailly jumping up and down with joy watching the insane guys get mad at d4 and go to poe, which is going to tear out the gigantic build defining power boost the current league has in about a month and cause them to cry about thaht game too. eating good lol.

This 100% will happen, lol.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

oops people discovered our undocumented changes

how many more of these are buried in there?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

WIFEY WATCHDOG posted:

Dude supported Jan 6…. Not sure he tells it like it is

i think they were joking

all streamers opinions are trash

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Stux posted:

Absolutely nobody will be upset that crucible is gone lol

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Swilo posted:

oops people discovered our undocumented changes

how many more of these are buried in there?

They stealth removed the cow level.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

wemgo posted:

This 100% will happen, lol.

its going to rule lol

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Absolutely nobody will be upset that crucible is gone lol

u abolsutely know for sure there are people right now playing poe for the first time with exploding totems and theyre going to wonder wtf happened when that level of free power is no longer available. possibly will cry loudly about nerfs??

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
A couple Swilo

The Reset Dungeons Button is back, allowing you to easily reset dungeons to farm them repeatedly without a cooldown.
Druid’s Envenom passive changed from [x] to [+]. (this is just a visual bug)
Helltide Cinders’ drop rate has been reduced, but Blizzard confirmed this as a bug.
Max resource item affixes altered (some increased, some decreased).
Maximum Essence rolls on gear for Necromancers have been reduced.
Necromancer’s SerrationSerration passive changed from 0.9% per 10 Essence to 0.9% per 30 Essence.

Druid's spirit boon Avian Wrath is now truly a 30% crit strike dam mulitplier (30%)

Necro's imperfectly balanced (more core damage for more essence) is bugged. Can only put 1 point in.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
so fwiw I suspect cult leader has been secretly patched. I'm not entirely sure, my sample size is pretty small but I respecced my necro and I'm getting much higher golem attack numbers with it on than without. The floor is about the same which is odd and why I'm not entirely certain but someone with more time and brain for numbers should test it out imo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Stux posted:

u abolsutely know for sure there are people right now playing poe for the first time with exploding totems and theyre going to wonder wtf happened when that level of free power is no longer available. possibly will cry loudly about nerfs??

if someone started poe this league and went through all the bullshit of combining crucible trees I commend them. I couldn't be bothered with it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Most important of all is Forgotten Souls currency drops in WT1 and WT2 now, so you can imprint legendary affixes on your rares even from 30-50!

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Stux posted:

its going to rule lol

The internet is a big place and there's always someone upset about something, but overall Reddit won't be in flames because they're gone

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Mustached Demon posted:

They stealth removed the cow level.

Remooved *

For heavens sake man how did you let that one slip by

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

odinson posted:

The Reset Dungeons Button is back, allowing you to easily reset dungeons to farm them repeatedly without a cooldown.

Every new thing I read makes me think this patch was based on a prior game version and they've failed to merge all the changes properly :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
man the last season in D3 was so good