Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

euphronius posted:

Haha well your next owner is Josh Harris

Does Josh Harris own a stadium that dumped raw sewage on its fans?

Does Josh Harris operate a stadium where a safety rail collapsed dumping 5-10 fans on top of the opposing team’s star player?

Does Josh Harris sell expired airline peanuts in his stadium?

Does Josh Harris sue his own season ticket holders for cancelling their tickets?

Does Josh Harris steal his season ticket holders deposits and refuse to return them until a class action lawsuit was filled?

Does Josh Harris foster a toxic workplace with rampant sexual harassment and discrimination?

Does Josh Harris fly his cheerleaders to the Carribean, make them all get naked for a photo shoot, film them getting changed and stuff, and keep a secret DVD of it all for personal use?

Does Josh Harris sexually harass and possibly rape his private jet flight attendant?

Does Josh Harris ignore a congressional subpoena and chill out in international waters to avoid being compelled to show up and testify?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I know I’ve missed a bunch more, let’s get all of Snyder’s crimes listed for the good of the thread.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Speaking of Harris:

https://twitter.com/MarkMaske/status/1672238659687313409?s=20

https://twitter.com/byajperez/status/1672291735370645519?s=20

https://twitter.com/byajperez/status/1672293739891490817?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He doesn’t do those things but he also doesn’t win

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

euphronius posted:

for fucks sake dude, baby steps

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

euphronius posted:

So Washington fans get a new owner who isn’t as cartoonishly evil as Snyder, but the rest of the NFC East gets to enjoy Washington still being lovely on the field?

Other than this potentially giving the Cowboys (gently caress ‘em) a win or two a year, I fail to see the downside.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I should’ve known Wikipedia would have it extensively documented. Buckle up. Be sure to read about how he got a National Park Ranger fired because he wanted to chop down old historic trees along his Potomac river waterfront home.

https://youtu.be/g6JjqKsizBo

And the Wilkerson report STILL has yet to be released.
:munch:

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
gently caress forgot about the trees and that poor ranger. Don’t think it’s been mentioned yet, and it’s far down the list of his sins, but there was the time he cried anti-semitism because a reporter called him a slime bag or something like that, forget the details

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I was on the new turf at MetLife today. Felt a bit more spongey then the old one and had a *lot* more rubber fill.

Every time somebody gets tackled they’re gonna inhale half a recycled tire.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Jimmy Kempski has started his annual "NFC East dumpster fire" series.

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/1673271048098201601

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Cartoon Man posted:

Does Josh Harris own a stadium that dumped raw sewage on its fans?

Does Josh Harris operate a stadium where a safety rail collapsed dumping 5-10 fans on top of the opposing team’s star player?

Does Josh Harris sell expired airline peanuts in his stadium?

Does Josh Harris sue his own season ticket holders for cancelling their tickets?

Does Josh Harris steal his season ticket holders deposits and refuse to return them until a class action lawsuit was filled?

Does Josh Harris foster a toxic workplace with rampant sexual harassment and discrimination?

Does Josh Harris fly his cheerleaders to the Carribean, make them all get naked for a photo shoot, film them getting changed and stuff, and keep a secret DVD of it all for personal use?

Does Josh Harris sexually harass and possibly rape his private jet flight attendant?

Does Josh Harris ignore a congressional subpoena and chill out in international waters to avoid being compelled to show up and testify?

It's his rookie season as an owner. You have to give him time to get used to the NFL game.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Dan Snyder is such a low bar to clear you'd have to use mining equipment just to excavate enough ground to find it in the first place

Josh Harris seems like a bog standard NFL ownership ghoul.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

snyder should use his extravagant cost-cutting skills to spearhead some underwater submersible tech imho

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

beep by grandpa posted:

snyder should use his extravagant cost-cutting skills to spearhead some underwater submersible tech imho
Only if he is the pilot of the craft.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

beep by grandpa posted:

thought I was in CD for a second

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

if "# of times beat the cowboys" were a stat would it make dak prescott a top 5 quarterback?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JoriEpstein/status/1678865442373337088?t=agvQ8ADqusp-7peoX2qGSQ&s=19

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/Danny_724_/status/1678884363814010881?s=20

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

they will find a way to play the stats to maximize efficiency in destroying the livers of every fan they have

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Dak Prescott making promises (and not so subtly dissing his receivers)

https://deadspin.com/dallas-cowboys-qb-dak-prescott-guarantees-his-accuracy-1850648657

The Dallas Cowboys' QB guarantees he won't throw 10 picks in 2023

quote:

As if there wasn’t enough pressure on the Dallas Cowboys heading into year eight of the Dak Prescott era, the two-time Pro Bowl quarterback added just a little more.

Prescott added more to his plate while speaking to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram by predicting his number of interceptions will be considerably lower than last year.

“I know who I am, and you can go back and take away half of those off drops,” Prescott said.

“I’m not saying it’s on the receiver, but if you cut that in half, then we start talking about those, nobody is talking about it.”

“I won’t have 10 interceptions this year.”

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

BiggerBoat posted:

https://deadspin.com/dallas-cowboys-qb-dak-prescott-guarantees-his-accuracy-1850648657

he'll have more

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
i'll do him one better: i'm willing to stand here and now and guarantee you all that i will not throw one single interception in the 2023-2024 nfl season

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
If you consider everyone in the world who will not throw an interception this season, Dak Prescott is in the top .9999999999% of worst interception throwers, what a terrible rate

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Toaster Beef posted:

i'll do him one better: i'm willing to stand here and now and guarantee you all that i will not throw one single interception in the 2023-2024 nfl season

Toaster Beef drops back in the park on a cool day this November and lobs a soft pass for his nephew. Out of nowhere, Big Bob Pataki appears, making a diving, one handed interception. "How bout 'dem Cowboys?!" he yells, grinning manically like Jason Garrett after calling a 3-yard dive on 3rd and 9, before scuttling off into the bushes, not to be seen again for another 5 years.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I miss Pataki

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fartknocker posted:

Toaster Beef drops back in the park on a cool day this November and lobs a soft pass for his nephew. Out of nowhere, Big Bob Pataki appears, making a diving, one handed interception. "How bout 'dem Cowboys?!" he yells, grinning manically like Jason Garrett after calling a 3-yard dive on 3rd and 9, before scuttling off into the bushes, not to be seen again for another 5 years.
I envisioned this with BBP wearing the Cowboys mascot suit thing.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Big Bob Pataki didn't need the suit. He looked exactly like that in real life.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Got my training camp tickets. It’s getting closer. I can feel it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I can feel a snyderless division. A 4th team cpuld become good now. I fear it

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

Big Bob Pataki didn't need the suit. He looked exactly like that in real life.

:hmmyes:

Shinjobi posted:

I miss Pataki

We all do. We all do…

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

He goes by Rotund Robert now

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

He's 100% right that at least 5 of those were drops/Receiver mistakes, but I actually hope he has about 10 interceptions and keeps his career INT% of about 1.75 because that means he's driving the ball down the field and attempting valuable passes.

I'd much rather him have another 2019/2022 season where he throws 35+ TDs, 10 INTS with 7 AYA vs andother 2017/18 where its 22 TDs but only 8 INTs 6 air yards per attempt

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You notice he hasn’t guaranteed he’ll be a top five quarterback.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am making the guarantee that Dak Prescott will play football for the Dallas Cowboys.

This year, AND next year

Bitch

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

blarzgh posted:

He's 100% right that at least 5 of those were drops/Receiver mistakes, but I actually hope he has about 10 interceptions and keeps his career INT% of about 1.75 because that means he's driving the ball down the field and attempting valuable passes.

I'd much rather him have another 2019/2022 season where he throws 35+ TDs, 10 INTS with 7 AYA vs andother 2017/18 where its 22 TDs but only 8 INTs 6 air yards per attempt
I have bad news for you about their OC and therefore playcalling and play design.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

I have bad news for you about their OC and therefore playcalling and play design.

For once the chargers cursed someone besides themselves—replaced joe lombardi with kellen moore, and now the cowboys have marty’s lovely son

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

I'm pretty confident that McCarthy is gonna do the same thing he's done for the past 15 years which is promise during the offseason to run the ball more and then totally do the opposite during the regular season, and that Schotty's only job is to install an inside zone run scheme.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
In the last 5 seasons he called plays in Green Bay, Fat Mike called passes on early downs more often than any other coach in Football besides Sean Peyton

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

drat, imagine being spoken in the same sentence as Sean Payton. You guys are doomed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

He'll show us by throwing his 10th INT in January