Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
im not sure you really need to bring a medic along until you can afford 5 mercs. md is pretty useless. my favorite guy is blood who is just clearing out entire bases with neck shots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 73 days!

Cuttlefush posted:

you been to pantagruel yet?

i have not

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 73 days!
md posts in the biosphere collapse thread

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

you should go there right away

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

croup coughfield posted:

md posts in the biosphere collapse thread

you can tell hes not a covid thread guy because his starting equip doesnt include 5 different kinds of gas mask

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
md is pro slavery

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 73 days!

Cuttlefush posted:

md is pro slavery

i already said hes a goon

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

yo the nightmare frontier fuckin sucks

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1681668388962091015?t=VvxRSCLIR1uhvp5BYfTlbw&s=19

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1681714141583507469?t=oMUnd497_KShz_OtdTtrGA&s=19

Smells like desperation

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

wow finally I can skip playing Diablo and over watch on steam because they still look like poo poo

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

gently caress the teams, how much will they pay ME to not play it?

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Al! posted:

im not sure you really need to bring a medic along until you can afford 5 mercs. md is pretty useless. my favorite guy is blood who is just clearing out entire bases with neck shots

it's probably not necessary to have a high level medic like md but I'm determined to take him till the end and find out if he ever becomes useful at this point. I just stick him in a corner while igor and ivan gun everyone down and my imp burns through my entire stock of 7.62 with an rpk

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

nice i'm permabanned from overwatch maybe i try overwatch 2 now

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Woke Mind Virus posted:

nice i'm permabanned from overwatch maybe i try overwatch 2 now

Why were you cheating?

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Why were you cheating?

too much mei trolling

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Thought I had a pretty good team going, my frog spams buffs and heals the entire time while the other two spam poison, chill, weakness, and a bunch of other stuff I dunno there's a lot goin on.

Then I got to a duel team in the tower that wiped my entire squad in like 3 turns lol. Joke's on them I'm just gonna become EVEN MORE of a blue deck rear end in a top hat. BIGGER shields, MORE debuffs!

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

SomethingBeautiful posted:

it's probably not necessary to have a high level medic like md but I'm determined to take him till the end and find out if he ever becomes useful at this point. I just stick him in a corner while igor and ivan gun everyone down and my imp burns through my entire stock of 7.62 with an rpk

I kept wanting to fire MD but I either get hurt and need him to heal, or he proves himself useful in some other. Got more than 3 kills when I took Port Cacao and every time he gets a kill it boosts morale a lot since no one expects him to do anything.

He also does have some very funny dialogue. He's grown on me and become part of my narrative as I take Grand Chien

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

excited for bnet overwatch players to see my hunter biden steam avatar

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Al! posted:

when microsoft acquires actblizz they should put blizz under bethesda, that would cause some of the funniest gamer moments possible

Microsoft doesn't usually meddle with studios they take over but actiblizz is the one company they have bought that I think they should just loving fire everyone in upper management and then let poo poo shake out

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
in JA2 I had no idea how important suppression was as a mechanic til I watched a let's play years later

early on what you're supposed to do is have people take a bunch of potshots at enemies because having bullets fly by lowers their AP due to suppression

because you outnumber them you can do that with low accuracy shots and use the covering fire to sneak someone into their weapon's effective range and then actually hit them

never had any idea about any of this in 1999

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Found this out today. I knew about the zero point noises but not this.
https://twitter.com/Pluxarian/status/1668013493528719360?t=y0kZvkTNP8XpDkmOjlddaA&s=19

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
lol ja3, i looted some german shallow ww 2 grave to get some rifles and the game gave me bad boy points

i didn't even dig the grave, someone else did. I don't think the dead soldiers will mind.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lost judgment donezoooooo

huge improvement mechanically over judgment, with a wealth of additional side activity that I think suited it real well. while I was initially lukewarm on the story I eventually really got into it - it's a way more personal drama than the high-fallutin conspiracy of the first game.

big-deal yakuza 7 spoilers: it was also interesting to see the fallout from the tojo clan and omi alliance disbanding and how all the yakuza were handling it

I also really enjoyed the kaito files - it was a good story and the length didn't overstay its welcome. I was also surprised at how much investment they put into kaito's combat mechanics and I wish I had maybe a little more time to enjoy that in its fully-leveled state

there's talk that they won't be making another judgment game and I think that's sad, I hope it doesn't turn out to be true

anyway, only one more to go before I'm all caught up: Ishin. later detectives

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Regarde Aduck posted:

lol ja3, i looted some german shallow ww 2 grave to get some rifles and the game gave me bad boy points

i didn't even dig the grave, someone else did. I don't think the dead soldiers will mind.

should just hit morale on people who give a poo poo. barry is the most likely merc you have who will. but morale isn't too hard to get back up. just go murder some people

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Buck Wildman posted:

only one more to go

you played dead souls?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Cuttlefush posted:

you played dead souls?

I did! a long time ago

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Cuttlefush posted:

should just hit morale on people who give a poo poo. barry is the most likely merc you have who will. but morale isn't too hard to get back up. just go murder some people

fair enough

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

That's how you get ghosts. Do you want ghosts??

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Grapplejack posted:

he's a ghost-wanter, Jerry

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

shoulda made the gf the cliffeacer sound

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

I want a ghost, it would be cool to have infinite lives

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

curious that Mayor Dave left the forums just before JA3 came out

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Al! posted:

curious that Mayor Dave left the forums just before JA3 came out

Major Dave

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

everyone assumes it just means "doctor"

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

yo the nightmare frontier fuckin sucks

Go find patches and he'll help you out

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Time to play game

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Hatebag posted:

Go find patches and he'll help you out

He always does. Such a helpful fellow!

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

Regarde Aduck posted:

it was actually that your mercs took a morale hit from seeing the grave. You can see that some mercs take -2 morale if they're spiritual, -1 if they're normal and if there psycho I don't think they take any.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

i too feel disheartened whenever i am reminded of nazi germany's defeat in ww2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

mercs are monsters of course they would