Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

mandatory lesbian posted:

I would love another cyber slueth but id also like another vn...i liked survive a lot...

It would be cool if they kept making both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

It would be cool if they kept making both

Idk if they get the budget for that tbh

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, we were meant to get a few games this year. We didn't, we didn't even get a single one so far and there's no indications whatsoever that will change, but we were meant to.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Blaze Dragon posted:

Well, we were meant to get a few games this year. We didn't, we didn't even get a single one so far and there's no indications whatsoever that will change, but we were meant to.

bandai has to scrape together a some yen from under the couch cushions to give to the digimon teams and they all have to split it

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

How soon we forget this year's Next Order ports. :colbert:

Hopefully somewhere among all the 02 stuff at Digifes the next story game will get properly shown off 'cause it's clearly never happening during one of Bandai's game events.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
There was a huge drop of news for the card game tonight, and it was all really exciting, right up until the hype came to a screeching halt. They revealed Melga X. I cannot understate how much I loving hate this card.

https://twitter.com/rustmarrow/status/1676193604463886336
https://twitter.com/rustmarrow/status/1676193641092743168

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Who cares, we got the Dawn/Dusk cards and they're a delight for the fans.

https://twitter.com/digimon_tcg/status/1676162846382768128
https://twitter.com/digimon_tcg/status/1676162730640953344

Coronamon and Lunamon give you memory by devolving your own Digimon, and Koh & Sayo let you evolve for free by doing the same - you're increasing the level cap, just like in the games! Sayo & Koh lets you Jogress, Dawn and Dusk were the first Story games with the mechanic, and also it's almost certainly leading to a GraceNovamon card, since that's the fusion of Apollomon and Dianamon, their Partner Digimon.

It's also nice to see both versions of Koh and Sayo, I expected Dawn Koh and Dusk Sayo as our Tamers, not both of them together for both cards, it's very cute.

Is it too much to hope for a full Chronomon line in this set, leading to them being added to the DRB? It's such a cool line that's gotten nothing, it deserves better.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jul 4, 2023

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

Me, because I'm going to have to stare down double Ice Wall.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't know where it came from but apparently a whole set based on Ghost Game was not only announced but its full contents were already shown. It's a new type of release, LM, which seemingly uses anime-styled art with generic backgrounds and focuses purely on one thing, in this case Ghost Game, giving cards to the protagonists and a bunch of Digimon that were important in it or created for it, which means a few Digimon get their first cards.

It means we get some art we wouldn't otherwise like Jellymon with a cloak (the objectively best Jellymon) and black-eyes Gammamon, so I like this. I wonder if we'll get more in the future and based on what.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

I don't know where it came from but apparently a whole set based on Ghost Game was not only announced but its full contents were already shown. It's a new type of release, LM, which seemingly uses anime-styled art with generic backgrounds and focuses purely on one thing, in this case Ghost Game, giving cards to the protagonists and a bunch of Digimon that were important in it or created for it, which means a few Digimon get their first cards.

It means we get some art we wouldn't otherwise like Jellymon with a cloak (the objectively best Jellymon) and black-eyes Gammamon, so I like this. I wonder if we'll get more in the future and based on what.

They announced it a couple weeks ago alongside the Loogamon box. It's a limited card set that they're selling at some event. Still, it has some interesting things in it.

I'm particularly interested in the new Angoramon cards, but that's really nothing new for me. I've always wanted that line to have a strong deck. I don't know if these new cards will get it there - probably not, if I'm honest - but it's exciting.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 4, 2023

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
lol that entire set is going to end up as promos in english

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Elfgames posted:

lol that entire set is going to end up as promos in english

Given how many of them there are and how many of them are mechanically unique? Hopefully not. It might be a good thing to add into an existing set, maybe it'll show up in RB-02 or something.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Blaze Dragon posted:

I have a love/hate relationship with Dawn and Dusk. Kinda hope the deck is good but not great so I can afford to just buy the deck from singles and take it to local nonsense for funsies without breaking the bank

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
In the middle of the Etemon arc now and I'm remembering why my last rewatch stalled out around this point, this stretch of the show is honestly kind of miserable, it just has this unceasing melancholy* tone to it that gets really annoying, and Etemon is just plain lame both as a character and regarding his powers

*sure there was plenty of melancholy during the File Island arc but they paced those around a lot better than they're doing here

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

In the middle of the Etemon arc now and I'm remembering why my last rewatch stalled out around this point, this stretch of the show is honestly kind of miserable, it just has this unceasing melancholy* tone to it that gets really annoying, and Etemon is just plain lame both as a character and regarding his powers

*sure there was plenty of melancholy during the File Island arc but they paced those around a lot better than they're doing here

I can forgive Adventure for the Etemon arc because the show was originally supposed to end with Devimon and got an early extension so they were like "Oh poo poo, uh, what do we do to keep the story going?", it gave them the time to figure out what the hell to do with the rest of the show and they knocked it out of the park from there onward.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

nine-gear crow posted:

I can forgive Adventure for the Etemon arc because the show was originally supposed to end with Devimon

no it wasn't

this is a myth

the show was always planned as a year long series

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Nodosaur posted:

no it wasn't

this is a myth

the show was always planned as a year long series

This is completely correct, but I will point out that even if they knew 100% how long the show was going to be from the moment they started airing that doesn't necessarily mean they couldn't have gotten lost along the way.

I'm not saying they went into the show without any kind of plan, but there are plenty of series where the production team knew the major plot points they were going to hit, knew how long it was going to run, and were still winging it at least some of the time. I have no hard proof of that of course, but it's not for nothing given that Adventure 99 (and especially 02) occasionally felt like they were making it up as they went along. Consider how often in the Etemon arc they talked about "raising your partner properly", as though that was actually a real thing in the show and not a weird holdover from the V-Pets that the cast repeatedly acknowledged they didn't understand and how it abruptly vanished as a plot point after that arc. I could fully believe that the show went into production with the File Island arc sketched out in detail while the Folder Continent arc had a lot more question marks.

At the same time, I do think it's the Folder arc where the show does have some hardship and melancholy that the series really starts to blossom. It's not at 100% yet, but the Etemon storyline is the part of the show that puts in the effort to shape Digimon Adventure into a show worth talking about nigh on 25 years later.

And for little it's worth I really enjoy Etemon as a villain, it was a lot of fun that the main on the ground antagonist during this really serious portion of plot was a capering grandstanding monkey who was also shockingly dangerous.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Etemon is hilarious and the kids are even more out of their depth than they were in the File Island arc.

Like, Etemon is definitely a low point between the highs of Devimon and episode 21, but it's still pretty great.

Plus then Vamdemon/Myotismon comes after and that arc is so good.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

The existence of ST17 has seeped out onto the internet, it's a second Advanced Deck ala Beelzebumon/ST14. This time it's focused on Terriermon and Lopmon.

https://www.gametrade.it/Prodotto/142613/Digimon_Card_Game_ST-17_Double_Typhoon_Advanced_Deck_Set

Other than its existence and an Italian release scheduled for next March there's nothing else we know about the actual cards in it. Other vendors report the news pitch that it will have the standard small chance for a fancy ghost rare and and an alternate version of the cards in the deck proper, but it's far too soon to do more than speculate, which people are doing.

Place your bets on new X-Antibody forms, Alliance chicanery, and Ace Digimon!

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Omnicrom posted:

The existence of ST17 has seeped out onto the internet, it's a second Advanced Deck ala Beelzebumon/ST14. This time it's focused on Terriermon and Lopmon.

https://www.gametrade.it/Prodotto/142613/Digimon_Card_Game_ST-17_Double_Typhoon_Advanced_Deck_Set

Other than its existence and an Italian release scheduled for next March there's nothing else we know about the actual cards in it. Other vendors report the news pitch that it will have the standard small chance for a fancy ghost rare and and an alternate version of the cards in the deck proper, but it's far too soon to do more than speculate, which people are doing.

Place your bets on new X-Antibody forms, Alliance chicanery, and Ace Digimon!

More detailed information came out about it from GTS distribution here

quote:

❶ The 2nd Advanced Deck Set with two popular Digimon!
Advanced Deck Set – featuring popular Digimon "Terriermon" and "Lopmon"! Just like the previous Beelzemon ST14 set, this set brings incredible power to the deck! All cards are high-quality silver foil cards or better!

❷ This set has a chance to be a Lucky Deck!
This set also has a chance to be a Lucky Deck including a high rarity special edition alternate-art card just like ST14!

❸ Bonus Pack included with each set!
One of the new features starting with this set will be a Bonus Pack included with each set! Each pack contains 1 of 6 alternate design versions of cards from this deck! This will provide incentive for users to buy multiple sets!

Not much surprising here, they're designing it like the Beelze deck. As far as their claims about the deck's power go, since this is most likely a green deck? I'll believe it when I see it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Just finished the Etemon arc and man it was such a messy arc, and pretty much everything about Nanomon and his role in it screams missed potential

Also it is hilarious seeing the show jump right from MetalGreymon having an honestly really loving lame debut that was barely animated even by this show's often low standards, right to suddenly now being in Mamoru Hosoda's gorgeous style to tease the next episode

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Buckle up, because episode 21 is arguably the best episode in the series

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

King of Solomon posted:

More detailed information came out about it from GTS distribution here

Not much surprising here, they're designing it like the Beelze deck. As far as their claims about the deck's power go, since this is most likely a green deck? I'll believe it when I see it.

I've been wanting to get more into this game and an all foil terriermon deck is the easiest sell they have ever made

Are.the cards YGO sized or MTG sized?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I've been wanting to get more into this game and an all foil terriermon deck is the easiest sell they have ever made

Digimon cards are MTG sized.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

MTG sized. YGO sized cards are pretty much exclusive to YGO because its easier to sell cards if they fit the standard MTG TCG card sleeve size.

King of Solomon posted:

Green has been getting great cards for like half a dozen sets running now, I really won't be surprised when it explodes.

And if it's worth anything given this is Terriermon and Lopmon it'll likely be building on the EX4 Alliance stuff which was in every color but Red and Blue.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Omnicrom posted:

Green has been getting great cards for like half a dozen sets running now, I really won't be surprised when it explodes.

And if it's worth anything given this is Terriermon and Lopmon it'll likely be building on the EX4 Alliance stuff which was in every color but Red and Blue.

The fact that Grandis existed and the plant/fairy deck has gotten a lot of good support has me optimistic for the strength of the deck. The Alliance cards themselves - and especially Black MegaGargomon - are why I'm kinda skeptical. They've done better recently in general (and the Alliance cards are generally playable), but they don't have a stellar track record with the color. Still, the news copy is a good sign that they're going to at least try to make the deck strong.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

Buckle up, because episode 21 is arguably the best episode in the series

You aren't wrong cause yeah that was amazing, funny how Hikari remembers the events of the Adventure short film while Taichi didn't

Also while I can barely remember my own reaction to seeing this episode in the dub as a kid, I imagine most of the kids watching it were weirded out by it, particularly a lot of the things involving Hikari since we didn't get the Adventure short film until it got packaged together with Our War Game and Hurricane Touchdown to make The Movie more than a year later, so Taichi suddenly having a sister who also already knows who Koromon is probably only added to the weird dream atmosphere that episode has

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Are you watching the dub or Japanese?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

Are you watching the dub or Japanese?

Japanese as I bought the new Discotek set a couple weeks ago

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
Place your bets as to what’s in the works here…

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1680751988181704705?t=nEDjAIjWr8SiBSWyRRebvg&s=19

A summary of above tweet for those who can’t read/see tweets anymore: A secret Digimon Screening Event on the 29th at Otakon - 2:15pm (3 hours long by Discotek Media)

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Omnicrom posted:

MTG sized. YGO sized cards are pretty much exclusive to YGO because its easier to sell cards if they fit the standard MTG TCG card sleeve size.

ygo cards are ygo sized because they originally came from an arcade machine

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The first of the ACE Sovereigns has been revealed

quote:

Baihumon ACE EX5-053 R <03>
Mega | Data | Holy Beast/Four Sovereigns

[Digivolve: Lv.5 w/[Deva] trait: cost 3]
(Hand) [Counter] <Blast Digivolve>
[Opponent's Turn] (Once Per Turn) When your security card is checked, if it's a Digimon card with the [Deva] trait, play the card without battling and without paying the cost.
[On Deletion] Delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with the highest play cost.
---
ACE: <Overflow -4>

quote:

Ebonwumon ACE EX5-041 R <03>
Mega | Vaccine | Holy Beast/Four Sovereigns

[Digivolve: Lv.5 w/[Deva] trait: cost 3]
[On Play] [When Digivolving] For each of your Digimon with the [Deva]/[Four Sovereigns] trait, suspend 1 of your opponent's Digimon. Then, all of your opponent's Digimon do not unsuspend during your opponent's next unsuspend phase.
[On Deletion] Delete 1 of your opponent's suspended Digimon.
----
ACE: <Overflow -4>

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 19, 2023

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Remind me what ACE and Overflow mean?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

girl dick energy posted:

Remind me what ACE and Overflow mean?

ACE is a type of digimon that interacts with the Counter timing. So far all ACE digimon can blast digivolve during that timing for free. Overflow is the ACE digimon's downside, where the player loses memory if the card leaves the battle area for any reason, even from sources.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ACE Digimon also have very low play costs relative to their level.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Azulongmon EX5-024 R <03>
Mega | Data | Holy Beast/Four Great Dragons/Four Sovereigns
[Digivolve: Lv.5 w/[Deva] trait: Cost 3]
[On Play] [When Digivolving] Return 1 of your opponent's level 5 or lower Digimon to the hand. Then, unsuspend 1 of your Digimon with the [Deva], [Four Great Dragons] or [Four Sovereigns] trait.
[On Deletion] Delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with the highest level.
---
ACE: <Overflow (-4)>

Azulong’s restand working with the Four Great Dragons is neat

quote:

Zhuqiaomon EX5-013 R <03>
Mega | Virus | Holy Bird/Four Sovereigns
[Digivolve: Lv.5 w/[Deva] trait: Cost 3]
[When Digivolving] [When Attacking] (Once Per Turn) By deleting 1 Digimon with 6000 DP or less or the [Deva] trait, this Digimon gains <Security A +1> for the turn.
[On Deletion] Delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with the highest DP.
---
ACE: <Overflow (-4)>

Zhuqiaomon thinks that killing your own teammates is fun and profitable. The Devas will need good On Deletion effects to make it worth it, though

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm surprised they're only Rs. The Four Holy Beasts are such important Digimon, and every ACE before was SR or a promo, but the Four Holy Beast ACEs are only Rs. Quite unexpected.

Huanglongmon ACE can't be any lower than SR though, right?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Huanglongmon’s gotta be SR at least, but my money’s on it and GraceNovamon being SECs

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm surprised they're only Rs. The Four Holy Beasts are such important Digimon, and every ACE before was SR or a promo, but the Four Holy Beast ACEs are only Rs. Quite unexpected.

Huanglongmon ACE can't be any lower than SR though, right?

I'm almost positive it's going to be a SEC. I could see an SR happening, but it's unlikely. This whole thing is really reminiscent of how they handled Examon in EX3, and Examon was a SEC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
We could get Huanglongmon as SR and Ruin Mode as SEC.