Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Its doable but might require some green stuff around the neck. Sadly tauralon head is not separate from the neck so you can't just face swap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Interesting that Dark Elves aren't losing anything. Maybe shadow elves will be actually be a thing and get the pieces of the line not poached by Morathi.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Warhammer Stormbringer, the monthly delivery magazine and model subscription is coming to the US in October. I subscribed to the WH40k and it was a really good value. I think this one looks to be a good value too; you save a ton of money on the models and you end up with a bunch of bonus paint.

https://www.fauxhammer.com/partworks-magazines/warhammer-stormbringer-magazine-full-collection-savings-breakdown/

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Warhammer Stormbringer, the monthly delivery magazine and model subscription is coming to the US in October. I subscribed to the WH40k and it was a really good value. I think this one looks to be a good value too; you save a ton of money on the models and you end up with a bunch of bonus paint.

https://www.fauxhammer.com/partworks-magazines/warhammer-stormbringer-magazine-full-collection-savings-breakdown/

Do you have source on that? Very very excited and would like to get in as early as possible!

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

sasha_d3ath posted:

Do you have source on that? Very very excited and would like to get in as early as possible!

Another article from the same site mentioned that they were told this would be the case. He says October time frame. His site seems fairly legit in regards to information about the magazine and whatnot and it seems like they let him know the information about them.

https://www.fauxhammer.com/news/announcement-warhammer-stormbringer-coming-to-the-usa/

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

That article has a link to the signup for the newsletter, complete with referral link, so I feel inclined to trust and eagerly await spending less-to-slightly-more than a new White Dwarf for kits. Issue #1 is two figures who haven't gotten individually packed yet but currently cost around $30 total aftermarket.

For seven bucks.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It's a good magazine and I've been dipping into it here and there- getting a Killbow, Stormstrike chariot and other bits and pieces for £9 has been nice. But we're years on from Dominion now and its contents are feeling outdated over here in the UK, let alone when it reaches the states. I've looked at a list of upcoming releases and there's not much I feel is worth grabbing for a long time - maybe the shootas (night goblin archers which I already have a bunch of on square bases!).

If I had more space I'd have gone for the premium option though and suffered through my life choices...

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

I collect on aesthetic and bargains rather than meta consideration so this is a pretty slick deal for hobbyists like me, hahaha

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Verisimilidude posted:

Finished this slayer, and trying to work out some photos with a different colored background as well.

X-posting from the mini painting thread. Decided my first army will be Fyreslayers! Next will be either skaven or goblins.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/23/sunday-preview-wade-into-warcry-with-starter-sets-and-warbands

Next weekend is all about Warcry pre-orders.

From the new starter set, Crypt of Blood.

To Gnarlwood warbands getting stand alone releases:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Guessing they are saving up as Cities will probably come in the next month or two.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

They're doing another CoS reveal on monday so we're probably not due for at least another week or two.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/24/the-wildercorps-hunters-pair-human-and-hound-to-scout-the-mortal-realms/

It's a good boy bonanza over here!

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

It's not army of crabs but I will take it

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I can't wait for the absolute clusterfuck of a profile that's going to be. Yes, we must model the dogs with a different save and wound count and bravery, and everybody's different bow has different stats.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
probably gonna work like the various chaos cultists where x models have different weapon profiles and an extra wound or two.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Given it’s a Warcry warband, I wonder if the AoS version is gonna model the dogs as a different unit.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
What is going with the rightmost guy's leg, is that supposed to be a skull jammed into his boot?

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

smug jeebus posted:

What is going with the rightmost guy's leg, is that supposed to be a skull jammed into his boot?

Brought along his dead friend's head so he could help with scouting and to have someone to chat it up with.

I am also curious about the Weird Little Guy (TM) that is hanging out on the braced Crossbowman's base.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Crazy Ferret posted:

I am also curious about the Weird Little Guy (TM) that is hanging out on the braced Crossbowman's base.

It might be one of these fellas that was also seen on the new gunners

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's a Dappled Efreet, a land fish native to Aqshy

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

More than anything these new models make it clear how fuckin' cool a Mordheim reboot could be.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I love these models, especially the doggos.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Gimme more bizarre otherworldly little Hieronymus Bosch weirdo fauna on all the Cities guys please and thank you. I want a Cities army that looks like an illuminated manuscript with knee high rabbit knights and gentlemen birds wearing pot hats and fish chickens and lizard squires trying to play trumpets

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

These guys are so Mordheim coded

I love kits like these because they're just generic enough to be useful outside of AoS. I can totally see buying these for D&D, where they would make excellent guards and probably the best guard dogs available outside of resin printing.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Is it weird that I don't like the age of sigmar humans, because they are exactly what I'd expect humans from a feudal 40k world to look like? They're just so over the top in every way.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

age of sigmar? Over the top? Well I never.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I don't know, seems like it is on purpose :airquote:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

age of sigmar? Over the top? Well I never.

I don't like them as AOS models because, if you gave them ad mech style retro-sci fi guns and weapons, they look like they would be a thousand times more at home in 40k's insanity than they currently do fighting orruks or whatever with their tiny crossbows.

That said they would make loving sweet low tech guard and if I had infinite money I would put someone on that asap.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Now that you mention it, they'd look pretty excellent to add variety to a Cawdor gang.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Eediot Jedi posted:

I don't like them as AOS models because, if you gave them ad mech style retro-sci fi guns and weapons, they look like they would be a thousand times more at home in 40k's insanity than they currently do fighting orruks or whatever with their tiny crossbows.

The coolest thing about the Empire in WFB and it's descendant, COS was always that in a world of monsters, superhumans, and cosmic horror, they were Just Some Guys armed with nothing but their da's old halberd, a fancy hat, grit, and the determination to defend their homes. Nu-COS seems to understand that completely and leans into it.

A wacky high fantasy super powered setting like AOS needs a faction of Just Some Guys to provide the context for the rest of the horrors.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

But also, everyone deserves weird little guys on their bases.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Mors Rattus posted:

AoS reminds me of Star Wars in that regard. There are just freaky little guys wandering around everywhere you go. Instead of rats, your city might have an infestation of sentient winged lizards, or poop-flinging gremlins.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Verisimilidude posted:

poop-flinging gremlins.

their name is Gloomspite Gitz

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Geisladisk posted:

The coolest thing about the Empire in WFB and it's descendant, COS was always that in a world of monsters, superhumans, and cosmic horror, they were Just Some Guys armed with nothing but their da's old halberd, a fancy hat, grit, and the determination to defend their homes. Nu-COS seems to understand that completely and leans into it.

A wacky high fantasy super powered setting like AOS needs a faction of Just Some Guys to provide the context for the rest of the horrors.

Do you get that vibe? Because it looks like they're ditching all the normal dudes in the range for a bunch of models that have more details and armor than the old empire generals

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
the basic dudes don't really look all that fancy or overly busy tbh

the knights have a ridiculous amount of detail but they're supposed to be veterans and adventurers without any kind of standardised gear or uniform, each carrying their own trinkets and trophies. their highly disparate appearance feels appropriate to me

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Mors Rattus posted:

Every game is improved by the presence of weird lil guys

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

peer posted:

the basic dudes don't really look all that fancy or overly busy tbh

Gotta disagree, the shields and helmets in particular are really pushing it for something that (I assume?) is supposed to be your most basic rank and file.

E: They should just rerelease these guys, maybe throw some lady heads in there:

smug jeebus fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 26, 2023

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

smug jeebus posted:

Gotta disagree, the shields and helmets in particular are really pushing it for something that (I assume?) is supposed to be your most basic rank and file.

E: They should just rerelease these guys, maybe throw some lady heads in there:

These models, while cool, are victims of the rank and flank ruleset: they each had to fit squarely on their small base, without overhanging so much they were impossible to rank up. AoS doesn’t have that limitation.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
They'll also be on bigger bases for the Old World, if they get a rerelease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

From a middle ages history standpoint, those new sculpts having all that plate armor would be indicative of some money to spend on gear at the very least.