Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Preston’s Last Stand: Turn 10

Nathan Howell watched impassively as the mercenary Warhammer’s left foot loomed over his Firestarter’s cockpit. Other men might have panicked at the sight of their impending demise, but not Nathan. Death came for everyone eventually. No matter how skilful or lucky you were, or how many medical implants you paid some fancy Canopian doctor to shove into you, eventually the reaper would pay you a visit.

As the Warhammer’s slab-like foot fell towards him the only thing Nathan felt was regret. He had desperately wanted to burn at least one of the mercenaries, but despite all his efforts he had only managed to set fire to a few bushes and scrubby woodland. He had enjoyed it, of course, but mechs were the sweetest prize, even sweeter than torching a platoon of infantry and watching them flail around like a bunch of epileptic fireflies. Roasting a battlemech was a special, unique experience, because each and every one burned differently. The way the paint crisped and flaked, the way the coolant bubbled and hissed, the way the overheated ammunition finally cooked off and blew its carrier apart like an oversized firework – those were the experiences Nathan lived for.

Above him, the Warhammer suddenly lurched to the left. Explosions ripped across its blocky chassis as at least twenty LRMs slammed into it, blasting away huge chunks of its armour. Caught mid-kick, the heavy mech had no way to keep its balance. The Warhammer collapsed like a felled tree, its foot veering off-course seconds before it could crush the Firestarter’s head.

Nathan blinked. Perhaps luck did count for something after all. He reached out and retrieved his favourite lighter from its hook over the control panel, then turned and yanked on the ejection lever. The Firestarter was totalled, and besides, ejecting would give him a fantastic view of the forest fires he’d started.

Weapons fire for Warhammer WHM-6D (Player):
-Fires PPC at Scorpion Tank (LRM) (Prowlers); needs 5, rolls 5: Hits Rear! Scorpion Tank (LRM) (Prowlers) takes 10 damage to Rear, 2/12 Armour remaining. Chance for Motive System Damage!
--Motive System Hit! Heavy damage, +3 to driving skill rolls, MP Halved.
-Fires Medium Laser at Scorpion Tank (LRM) (Prowlers); needs 7, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Scorpion Tank (LRM) (Prowlers); needs 7, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires Small Laser at Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers); needs 3, rolls 5: Hits Right Leg! Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers) takes 3 damage to Right Leg, 5/8 Armour remaining.
-Fires Small Laser at Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers); needs 3, rolls 10: Hits Right Torso! Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers) takes 3 damage to Right Torso, 0/8 Structure remaining. Right Torso destroyed! 1 damage transfers to Centre Torso, 5/13 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player):
-Fires Large Laser at Scorpion Tank (LRM) (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 9: Hits Front! Scorpion Tank (LRM) (Prowlers) takes 8 damage to Front, 12/20 Armour remaining. Chance for Motive System Damage!
--Motive System Hit! Major damage, vehicle immobile.
-Fires Large Laser at Scorpion Tank (LRM) (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 6: Misses!

Weapons fire for Hunchback HBK-4G (Player):
Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player):
-Attempts to fire at Scorpion Tank (LRM) (Prowlers) but does not have line of sight! Attempts to fire at secondary target Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers) but does not have line of sight to that either!

--

Weapons fire for Eagle Standard (DropShip) (Prowlers):
-Fires PPC at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 7, rolls 3: Misses!
-Fires Large Laser at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 9, rolls 9: Hits Left Torso! Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) takes 8 damage to Left Torso, 14/22 Armour remaining.
-Fires AC/5 at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 7, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires AC/5 at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 7, rolls 3: Misses!
-Fires LRM-20 at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 7, rolls 10: 12 Missiles Hit! Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) takes 5 damage to Right Torso (12/22 Armour remaining), Left Arm (16/22 Armour remaining), and 2 damage to Right Arm (20/22 Armour remaining).
-Fires LRM-20 at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 7, rolls 7: 9 Missiles Hit! Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) takes 5 damage to Left Torso (9/22 Armour remaining) and 4 damage to Left Leg (26/30 Armour remaining).

Weapons fire for Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers):
-Unable to fire due to being prone and missing both arms!

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers):
-Fires Large Laser at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 7, rolls 7: Hits Right Leg! Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) takes 8 damage to Right Leg, 17/30 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers):
-Fires PPC at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 8, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires SRM-6 at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 10, rolls 9: Misses!

Weapons fire for Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers):
-Fires Large Laser at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 9, rolls 4: Misses!

Weapons fire for Scorpion Light Tank (Standard) (Prowlers):
-Fires AC/5 at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 7, rolls 7: Hits Left Arm! Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) takes 5 damage to Left Arm, 11/22 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Scorpion Light Tank (LRM) (Prowlers):
-Fires LRM-5 at Hunchback HBK-4G (Player); needs 10, rolls 8: Misses!
-Fires LRM-10 at Hunchback HBK-4G (Player); needs 10, rolls 6: Misses!

Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) would like to kick Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers) but cannot do so because it is about to fall over.

Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player) gains 19 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 2 heat.

Hunchback HBK-4G (Player) gains 4 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player) gains 2 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) gains 19 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 3 heat.

--

Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers) gains 14 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.

Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers) gains 16 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 7 heat. Overheating!

Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers) gains 1 heat, sinks 1 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Eagle Standard (DropShip) (Prowlers) has fired its weapons and must check for electrical feedback! Rolls a 5! Firing Circuit Glitch! Next firing cycle delayed by an additional turn! Eagle Standard (DropShip) (Prowlers) will fire next on Turn 13!

--

Piloting checks for Warhammer WHM-6D (Player):
-Took 20+ damage this turn: Needs 6, rolls 3: Fails!
--Warhammer WHM-6D (Player falls on its left side, suffering 5 damage to Left Torso (4/22 Armour remaining) and 2 damage to Right Arm (18/22 Armour remaining).
-Roger Sterling must roll a 6+ to avoid a pilot hit; rolls 6: Succeeds!

--

Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers) is crippled! Pilot Nathan Howell ejects!

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Toughness: Grants a bonus to consciousness rolls.
-Multi-Tasker: When splitting fire between multiple targets, secondary targeting penalties are reduced by 1.
-Hopping Jack: Pilot suffers a +2 penalty when firing after jumping instead of +3.

Primary Objectives:
-Defeat Josiah Preston (0/1)
-Neutralise remaining Prowler forces (4/9)

Secondary Objectives:
-Secure the crash site without damaging the Eagle Standard (250,000 C-Bill Reward)

Next Orders Due: Saturday 22nd 9:00PM GMT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Great writing, Mr. Howell there is a maniac

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Blackjack

Alright boys and girl, time to save the Hauptmann's rear end.

The PHawk might have a +3 to hit, but some of us can also close in to short range on it this turn and have 7's or 8's to hit. With the Dropship guns silenced for this round and next, this might be our best shot to complete the first main objective.

The two tanks near the dropship will be shooting at their long ranges, so as long as you max your movement, you should be fine against them. The Scorpion Mech's PPC might be a threat, but you can place yourselves in a hex where the PPC is at medium range and have the woods hex in 1913 interfering with its LOS for an additional +1 to-hit. The immobilized Scorpion tank might have its LRMs, but you can move within its minimum range.

Currently thinking of charging to 2216 or 2317 and firing on the PHawk, but let me know if you see a better move that I missed.

anakha fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 19, 2023

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022

Scintilla posted:

-Attempts to fire at Scorpion Tank (LRM) (Prowlers) but does not have line of sight! Attempts to fire at secondary target Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers) but does not have line of sight to that either!

Trebuchet

:negative:

I’m really sorry lads I hosed up. LoS and terrain have been really kicking my in the pants so far. But I’m ready to redeem myself by doing something reckless and heroic!

Fighting the scorpion tank is not something that I can do. my lasers don’t have enough kick to kill it from the side and I can’t get around the back. I probably could kill it with my LRMs but, if I’m shooting it in short range, it can shoot me in short range.

I can reach either 2016 or 2015, right in the Phoenix Hawk’s face, and Fire my MLs, while potentially kicking it. My kick wouldn’t be great, 8+ to hit, but knocking it over would be a boon and a half.

Alternatively, I can run north to 2512 and fire my LRMs at the Scorpion Mech. It’s another 8+ but with both my LRMs firing I should be able to land at least one of them.

The secret option here is that I don’t fight these guys at all. I have LRMs, and I’m the perfect person to try and take out the fuel tank, which I hope will explode and take out the tanks over by the drop ship.

We need to make this count while the Dropship can’t interfere

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

glwgameplayer posted:

Trebuchet

:negative:

I’m really sorry lads I hosed up. LoS and terrain have been really kicking my in the pants so far. But I’m ready to redeem myself by doing something reckless and heroic!

Don't feel bad about it - like I said, LOS can be pretty hard to wrap your brain around. If you're ever unsure about whether you can hit something, just drop me a line and I'll let you know.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Oops, I thought the dropship was firing next turn. Oh well, could've been way, way worse.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
No! They shot the Warhammer! That's the my favourite 'Mech!

Well, at least the Firestarter pilot survived. MVP, right there.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

painedforever posted:

Oh yeah definite recruitment material.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Bring him on with a contract stipulation of getting first picks on fire weapons and then just never fit any to his mech

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

painedforever posted:

No! They shot the Warhammer! That's the my favourite 'Mech!

Thankfully that Warhammer's a -6D, so it's a zombie mech. If it was the -6R then a flight of LRMs would be a very real existential threat due to it having machineguns.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Yeah, I'll be fine. Probably. Assuming I don't end up in a karmic standup dance for laughing at the Stinger's plight. Once I get back to my PC I'll figure out what to actually do orders-wise.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I'm just gonna run straight forward this turn. No good shots really so I'm holding off on the AC 20, but I'll throw laser fire out at the tank probably

E: actually I can hit the tank with the AC on a 4, it's immobilized. I'll take that shot, it's as close to a guaranteed kill we can get. Other folks can shoot elsewhere.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Treb to 2419 and shooting the fuel could be a very pro move too.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Hey Scintilla, could you (or somebody else) give me a quick rundown on the rules around standing up? I can't remember how it works and it's not in the quickstart.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

iirc its a piloting skill roll, but not sure if there's a modifier, and I think it costs a few points of movement.

I seem to recall there's a reason 'careful stand' is a widely used houserules. IIRC its a substantial bonus but uses all your movement.

From what I understand trying to stand can be a death sentence with gyro hits, or.. whichever crit hits adds penalties to PSR tests.

if someone else could more specifically answer the questions, I don't know the amounts or further details off the top of my head.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022

Scintilla posted:

There are two methods for standing up. You can try to stand up normally, which costs 2 MP and requires a 5+ piloting test, after which you can move as usual. The other option is to stand up carefully, which only requires a 3+ piloting test but prevents you from moving afterwards. You can still change your facing however.

Assuming nothing has changed, this is the way it was described a few missions ago. You could just take the check since nothing is making it any harder for you, but if you fail it could be catastrophic. I think with a 5+ your chance of getting up is in the 70% range. Getting up carefully puts you in the high 90% range

Side note, do you guys want to to try taking out the fuel tank? I have the LRMs I think I would be the best person for it. I’m still willing to try and kick the Phoenix hawk too if you guys want me to try

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Break the Phoenix Hawk, win the mission. I'd go all in on taking it out.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I'm going after the PHawk this turn for sure - any assistance from the rest of the lance would be much appreciated.

The rest of the Opfor is less of a threat IMO for the reasons I stated in my previous post. We can always take out the Scorpion tank next turn if the PHawk jumps away to disengage.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
Trebuchet

I’m going in. Running to hex 2015, turning to face the Phoenix and Kicking it while firing my lasers. The woods and evasion should keep me safe from the Scorpions and I get the feeling the Phoenix will be picking on our Warhammer

Objectively this is kinda stupid, I could probably do more damage with the missiles, but I have been wanting to kick something all day, and if I stagger it we’re golden

Also I kind of want to keep the pressure on. The scorpion mech and Phoenix Hawk both have a tendency to run hot, if they slow down to cool off, that would be a good time to strike

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
For anyone who wants to take a potshot at the fuel tank, fuel explosions deal damage in an area of effect based on the tank's Magnitude stat. The fuel tank in Hex 1325 has a Magnitude of 30, so it'll deal 30 damage (in clusters of 5) to anything standing in Hex 1325 when it goes off. Damage drops off in increments of ten, so the hexes surrounding 1325 will take 20 damage, and the hexes surrounding those will take 10 points of damage. Since the centre of the DropShip is (barely) outside the fuel tank's area of effect, you can shoot at it without worrying about failing the secondary objective.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022

Scintilla posted:

For anyone who wants to take a potshot at the fuel tank, fuel explosions deal damage in an area of effect based on the tank's Magnitude stat. The fuel tank in Hex 1325 has a Magnitude of 30, so it'll deal 30 damage (in clusters of 5) to anything standing in Hex 1325 when it goes off. Damage drops off in increments of ten, so the hexes surrounding 1325 will take 20 damage, and the hexes surrounding those will take 10 points of damage. Since the centre of the DropShip is (barely) outside the fuel tank's area of effect, you can shoot at it without worrying about failing the secondary objective.

That is something I was concerned about. But now that I know, I can add that to my to-do list.

Assuming I don't trip and die in a few days

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Scintilla posted:

There are a few pre-made maps that have clusters of magnitude 100 fuel tanks that can erase a quarter of the map lol

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Gerblederp posted:

There are a few pre-made maps that have clusters of magnitude 100 fuel tanks that can erase a quarter of the map lol

Now I'm getting flashbacks to the LOKI mission in PTN's first thread...

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
I'd suggest sweeping away the rabble first. The tanks and the Stinger, and then the PH.

The Scorpion can go jump off a cliff.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Warhammer

I agree that we should focus fire on the Phoenix Hawk. I can get to him even if it takes two attempts to stand and I really don't think there's anywhere more worthwhile to go with my limited movement, so I'm heading to 2016 (right below where I believe our Treb is going). Let's see if we can get lucky and boot this jackass's leg off from pristine the moment he finally joins the fight.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

painedforever posted:

I'd suggest sweeping away the rabble first. The tanks and the Stinger, and then the PH.

The Scorpion can go jump off a cliff.

Removing the PH first silences the guns on the dropship.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah the biggest threat is the Dropship guns and saving the PHawk for last just allows those guns free reign.

E: Treb and Hammer are going to 2015 and 2016 respectively, so I've put my orders in for 2216.

anakha fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 21, 2023

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
Trebuchet

Locked in movement to 2015. Firing all lasers and giving the Phoenix Hawk a kick in the pants.

If all goes well one of us will knock it down. And then I think all we have to do is wait for the Hunchback to waddle into range and finish it off. Even if we don't I think it's a little bit trapped right now. It can't move past us so it either has to use jumpjets or turn around, and it doesn't have much Heat to spare. Either way, I think it has a choice between evasion or offense.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

anakha posted:

Yeah the biggest threat is the Dropship guns and saving the PHawk for last just allows those guns free reign.

E: Treb and Hammer are going to 2015 and 2016 respectively, so I've put my orders in for 2216.

If you stop at 2414 you get much better shots with the large laser, and the benefit of partial cover from both enemies fwiw. Walking to 2414 you can hit the PHX on 8s with your larges and 10s with the mediums. Jumping to 2216 puts you at 10s needed on the larges.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Gwaihir posted:

If you stop at 2414 you get much better shots with the large laser, and the benefit of partial cover from both enemies fwiw. Walking to 2414 you can hit the PHX on 8s with your larges and 10s with the mediums. Jumping to 2216 puts you at 10s needed on the larges.

My plan was to run to 2216 (I can't jump there as I'd be 1 hex short) and be at 9s to hit for any of my lasers, plus a +3 on me to be hit by the Scorpion Mech because I moved 5 hexes and have the 1913 woods hex in the way. If my math is right, that means the Scorpion needs an 11 to hit me with the PPC and a 13 with the SRMs, and the PHawk needs 9s to hit with anything.

Moving to 2414 generates 0 move mod and with the +1 partial cover mod, that would mean the Scorpion needs 7 to hit with the PPC and 9 for the SRMs, and the Phawk needs 8s for its LL and 10s for its MLs.

The 2216 decision was mainly to ensure the Scorpion doesn't get a good shot on me while being in range to shoot 1 LL and 2 MLs at short range instead of 2 LLs from 2414. I guess I could take a PPC hit on my right side for a slightly better chance to hit the PHawk. Let me think about it some more.

E: Not worth the risk, sticking with my original plan.

anakha fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 22, 2023

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Preston’s Last Stand: Turn 11

Salman Muntassir cringed and pressed himself against the hull of Lieutenant Barmasai’s Goblin as another explosive exchange of gunfire echoed across the landing site. A sickly stench filled the air as the fuel hose he’d been holding slipped from its socket, splashing his upper body with refined petroleum. Salman snatched the hose back up and quickly reconnected the nozzle, a cold feeling welling up from the pit of his stomach as the highly flammable fuel soaked into his overalls. One spark, one tiny flame, and he would die screaming in agony.

As Salman was contemplating his own demise another explosion tore through the air, and a plume of billowing black smoke unfurled into the sky to the north. Against his better judgement, Salman risked a look over the Goblin’s hull. The shattered remains of Maria’s Scorpion lay strewn across the northern hill, belching fire and smoke from its ruined engine compartment. Its destroyer, a Hunchback 4G, lurked in the shadow of another nearby hill, the barrel of its massive AC/20 glowing a dull red.

Abruptly, the Goblin’s turret began to swing around. Salman ducked back down, squeezing his eyes shut as the tank opened fire with its Large Laser. His tinted technician’s goggles helped shed some of the glare, but looking directly at the beam would still be enough to blind him. He hunkered down next to the treads, keeping one hand firmly pressed against the fuel hose. He glanced at the gauge, and felt a sense of profound relief when he saw the needle approaching the green.

Ten seconds. Just ten more seconds, and the Goblin would have the minimum amount of fuel for standard manoeuvres. After that, he could crawl into the nearest hole and hide until everything was over.

Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) attempts to stand. Needs 5, rolls 10: Succeeds!

Weapons fire for Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player):
-Fires Large Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 7: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 10: Hits Left Torso! Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers) takes 5 damage to Left Torso, 13/18 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 6: Misses!

Weapons fire for Hunchback HBK-4G (Player):
-Fires AC/20 at Scorpion Tank (LRM) (Prowlers); needs 4, rolls 8: Hits Right Side! Scorpion Tank (LRM) (Prowlers) takes 20 damage to Right Side, 0/14 Armour, 0/3 Structure remaining. Right Side destroyed! Vehicle destroyed!
-Fires Medium Laser at Scorpion Tank (LRM) (Prowlers); needs 4, rolls 11: Hits Turret! Scorpion Tank (LRM) (Prowlers) takes 5 damage to Turret, 15/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Scorpion Tank (LRM) (Prowlers); needs 4, rolls 11: Hits Right Side! Right Side already destroyed!

-Fires Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 3: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers); needs 9, rolls 5: Misses!

Weapons fire for Warhammer WHM-6D (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 9: Hits Right Torso! Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers) takes 5 damage to Right Torso, 13/18 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires Small Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Small Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits Right Arm! Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers) takes 3 damage to Right Arm, 7/10 Armour remaining.
-Fires PPC at Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 3: Misses!

--

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 6, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 6, rolls 8: Hits Left Torso! Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) takes 5 damage to Left Torso, 0/22 Armour, 14/15 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Left Torso! No critical hits sustained.
-Fires Machine Gun at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 6, rolls 10: Hits Centre Torso! Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) takes 2 damage to Centre Torso, 23/34 Armour remaining.
-Fires Machine Gun at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 6, rolls 3: Misses!

Weapons fire for Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers):
-Fires Large Laser at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 10, rolls 10: Hits Right Leg, but Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) has Partial Cover! Damage absorbed by terrain!

Weapons fire for Scorpion Light Tank (Standard) (Prowlers):
-Fires AC/5 at Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player); needs 8, rolls 12: Hits Right Arm! Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player) takes 5 damage to Right Arm, 2/11 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Scorpion Light Tank (LRM) (Prowlers):
-Fires LRM-5 at Hunchback HBK-4G (Player); needs 9, rolls 10: 5 Missiles Hit! Hunchback HBK-4G (Player) takes 5 damage to Left Torso, 10/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires LRM-10 at Hunchback HBK-4G (Player); needs 9, rolls 11: 3 Missiles Hit! Hunchback HBK-4G (Player) takes 3 damage to Left Torso, 7/20 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Eagle Standard (DropShip) (Prowlers):
-Resetting firing circuits…

Physical attacks for Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player):
-Kicks Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 6: Misses!

Physical attacks for Warhammer WHM-6D (Player):
-Kicks Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers); needs 7, rolls 3: Misses!

--

Physical attacks for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers):
-Kicks Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player); needs 7, rolls 8: Hits Right Leg! Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player) takes 9 damage to Right Leg, 6/15 Armour remaining.

Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player) gains 16 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 1 heat.

Hunchback HBK-4G (Player) gains 15 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 2 heat.

Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 1 heat.

Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) gains 20 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 3 heat.

--

Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers) gains 12 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 6 heat. Overheating!

Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers) gains 2 heat, sinks 9 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers) gains 1 heat, sinks 1 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Piloting checks for Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player):
-Missed a Kick: Needs 5, rolls 11: Succeeds!
-Was Kicked: Needs 5, rolls 6: Succeeds!

Piloting checks for Warhammer WHM-6D (Player):
-Missed a Kick: Needs 5, rolls 7: Succeeds!

--

Fire spreads to Hex 2916!
Fire spreads to Hex 3015!

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Toughness: Grants a bonus to consciousness rolls.
-Multi-Tasker: When splitting fire between multiple targets, secondary targeting penalties are reduced by 1.
-Hopping Jack: Pilot suffers a +2 penalty when firing after jumping instead of +3.

Primary Objectives:
-Defeat Josiah Preston (0/1)
-Neutralise remaining Prowler forces (5/9)

Secondary Objectives:
-Secure the crash site without damaging the Eagle Standard (250,000 C-Bill Reward)

Next Orders Due: Tuesday 25th 9:00PM GMT.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jul 23, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Good job getting the tank off the board but we coulda used a few more hits :ohdear:

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
Trebuchet

Sorry guys I won’t be able to help on the Phoenix Hawk this turn. That Fuel Tank is calling my name.

I’m sprinting directly south to get to 2022, torso twisting to face the fuel tank and opening fire.

Question for you Scintilla. Are there any modifiers to shooting it since it’s a stationary target? And I think you said it had 15 Structure points right?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

glwgameplayer posted:

Question for you Scintilla. Are there any modifiers to shooting it since it’s a stationary target? And I think you said it had 15 Structure points right?

The fuel tank has 15 CF, so 15 or more damage will destroy it. It's also an immobile target, so you'll have a -4 To-Hit bonus.

Edit: Before anything else though, I should warn you that heading to hex 2022 will not give you LOS to the fuel tank since there is a Height 2 building in the way.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jul 23, 2023

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022

Scintilla posted:

Edit: Before anything else though, I should warn you that heading to hex 2022 will not give you LOS to the fuel tank since there is a Height 2 building in the way.

I knew the building was there. I wasn’t sure if it would get in my way or not. I guess there’s nothing stopping me from stopping a tile early at 2021. I assume that will give a good shot.

Just to be safe I think I’ll fire both LRMs. It would be really embarrassing if only 14 out of 15 missiles hit and it didn’t explode

Edit: also. Thank god I didn’t fall over otherwise I think I’d just get curb stomped or something. And add another week or two to my time in the med bay

glwgameplayer fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jul 23, 2023

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

preston during the melee phase:

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Blackjack

If the Treb's going after the fuel tank, The other moves off the top of my head that are available are the following:

Hammer: The forest hex at 1913 is reachable at 6 movement and puts you at short range for your PPCs to the Scorpion. You'd have 9s to hit each other.

Treb: if you stop at 2021, make sure to use your last movement point to face 2122. You can still twist to shoot at the fuel tank, but at least you're not exposing your back to the PHawk.

Hunchback: If you move to 2418 or 2519, you'll actually have the best to-hit on the PHawk this turn (9s) out of all of us. And if you're facing 2619, the Scorpion should be hitting your left side and not your rear (but you can double-check this with Scintilla).

I'm currently thinking of moving south as well maybe to 2019 or 2020. Scintilla, does the PHawk still benefit from partial cover if I shoot at it from 2019?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

anakha posted:

I'm currently thinking of moving south as well maybe to 2019 or 2020. Scintilla, does the PHawk still benefit from partial cover if I shoot at it from 2019?

Yes, the Phoenix Hawk will receive partial cover if you shoot at it from 2019.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
Trebuchet

Oh also take note everyone. the Dropship is set to fire on turn 13. So we are safe for another turn, but the one after this one we will need to be thinking about staying safe.

Depending on how things shake out I might stay near the Dropship to take out the tanks, in which case my safe area will be running south, below it’s firing arc. If I see an opportunity to LRM the Phoenix Hawk I might take it though.

Just keep in mind that on turn 13 it would be best if you had a safe place to run to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
That Scorpion getting behind you could be an issue.