Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Also in another “lol”, if you Google “Voice referendum pamphlets” the direct link to the “no” pamphlet is one of the top hits. Not features is the main landing page or the “yes” one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Yeah I get a little bit of junk then the AEC no pamphlet. No sign of the AEC yes pamphlet on page one.

E: five pages in haven't seen an AEC link to yes pamphlet. Yes23 page is at the bottom of the page under sponsored ads.

JBP fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 19, 2023

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Non Compos Mentis posted:

the government should repossess the land and tear down the office buildings and build flats

local council and state government gets no say

QFT

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

freebooter posted:

I didn't really follow the Gobbo case closely, but I know that one of the results was a massive (and possibly counter-productive) strengthening of disclosure requirements to the point where Victoria's are now the strictest in the country, so I don't think it's fair to say the result was "welp"

If they show that there are no consequences for breaching those requirements though it doesn't matter how strict they are....

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Hmm, how are things going for the case of the elderly woman tased to death by Queensland police...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-19/court-releases-allegations-over-clare-nowland-taser-death/102621086

ABC News posted:

...prosecutors will allege he said "Na bugger it" before deploying the taser...

They just don't make Our Boys In Blue like they do in Queensland! :thumbsup:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian Au posted:

Gold Coast offers to host 2026 Commonwealth Games

Gold Coast mayor Tom Tate has announced the Gold Coast has offered to host the 2026 Commonwealth Games after Victoria cancelled, 9News Gold Coast is reporting.

Telling that the mayor of the Gold Coast has the same idea that dogshit idiot Basil Zemplis was floating.

Meanwhile the West Australian, a dogshit rag, has decided to give fucknuts himself a big old soapbox.

Our worst Mayor, in our worst Newspaper posted:

Basil Zempilas: Why Perth should seize golden opportunity to host Commonwealth Games

<snip a bunch of self fellating garbage>

I’ve seen the games’ profoundly positive impact on their host city from the broadcast box at Kuala Lumpur, Manchester, Melbourne, the Gold Coast, and Birmingham.
That once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to bring that joy to Perth for the price we want to pay exists right now. It only requires a leader with vision, confidence and the willingness to do it his way to get it done.
And if you’re still unsure, remember by 2026, we could have social and affordable housing delivered for an additional 7000 West Australians courtesy of the athletes’ village, which would be built for the games. That’s a lasting legacy for all West Australians.

Yeah Basil, I'm dead sure the Atheletes village will be built to be converted into social housing (which is always a great idea to concentrate in a single area) and definitely won't be turned into luxury condos for maximum developer profit and graft.

I'm going to have to remake my Joe Hildebrand for Basil.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

SecretOfSteel posted:

Hmm, how are things going for the case of the elderly woman tased to death by Queensland police...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-19/court-releases-allegations-over-clare-nowland-taser-death/102621086

They just don't make Our Boys In Blue like they do in Queensland! :thumbsup:

they certainly don't make them like that in NSW, where this occurred.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

they certainly don't make them like that in NSW, where this occurred.

Oh lol!

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

hooman posted:

Telling that the mayor of the Gold Coast has the same idea that dogshit idiot Basil Zemplis was floating.

Meanwhile the West Australian, a dogshit rag, has decided to give fucknuts himself a big old soapbox.

Yeah Basil, I'm dead sure the Atheletes village will be built to be converted into social housing (which is always a great idea to concentrate in a single area) and definitely won't be turned into luxury condos for maximum developer profit and graft.

I'm going to have to remake my Joe Hildebrand for Basil.

He's the one crying over homeless people wanting to wash his car window because the real issue is scary poor people frightening honest hard working Aussies right?...

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

SecretOfSteel posted:

He's the one crying over homeless people wanting to wash his car window because the real issue is scary poor people frightening honest hard working Aussies right?...

If only he was merely that poo poo. Rather than editorialise further, I will just quote him.

A oval office posted:

I make no apologies for this, the homeless need to be moved out of the Hay and Murray Street malls and the surrounding areas. Forcibly, if that’s what it takes. I’m sick of being told by people who don’t live and work in the city like I do that it’s not that bad — actually, it’s worse. The look, the smell, the language, the fights — it’s disgusting. A blight on our city."

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
How the gently caress does that slogan work "knife or life"
Like, have a knife or get life?
Have knife or lose your life?
I don't think they thought that through there

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

sick of Applebees posted:

How the gently caress does that slogan work "knife or life"
Like, have a knife or get life?
Have knife or lose your life?
I don't think they thought that through there

Lose the knife or lose your life to jail is what they're going for, but it does sound a bit like encouraging suicide by cop if you read it a certain way.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Nunchucks and batons arent knives vicpol you idiots, they dont have blades!

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Nunchucks and batons arent knives vicpol you idiots, they dont have blades!

Mental image of a cop shooting someone for carrying a tree branch, because thats clearly a baton, because a baton is clearly a knife, and they were clearly out to stab someone. with a branch.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

That's why they said they're considered knives under Vic law, they're just warning you how little they know about reality, and if they don't know the "this is a knife" gag from the Simpson's was a joke, what else don't they know?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
At least if the Gold Coast hosts the Commonwealth Games, facilities that get buoy could be repurposed for the olympics.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Eediot Jedi posted:

Lose the knife or lose your life to jail is what they're going for, but it does sound a bit like encouraging suicide by cop if you read it a certain way.

Lose the knife or we'll loving taser you

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Lord Bude posted:

At least if the Gold Coast hosts the Commonwealth Games, facilities that get buoy could be repurposed for the olympics.

The thing is they don't actually do this, part of why the games are such an orgy of grift is there always has to be new facilities built for literally everything that get used maybe once

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Lose the knife or we'll loving taser you

Using the Vic law definition of a taser? :ohdear:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

That's not a knife *whips out nunchucks*

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

drat, that’s a lazy premise for warrantless searches

Wonder if any nightfill workers have been searched for boxcutters

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Sometimes they do a knife "blitz" at Footscray station and stop all the black people and people that don't look like they've been at work to check them for knives.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Eediot Jedi posted:

Using the Vic law definition of a taser? :ohdear:

Cattle prod

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I also like that a screwdriver is apparently a knife according to that graphic.

Unpacking my toolbox like:
Hammer? That's a baton mate, so that's a knife.
Screwdriver? Philips Head Knife or Flathead Knife?
Boxcutter? Definitely Knife.
Spirit Level? I think you mean Levelling Baton, so knife.
Spanner? Bolt baton bud, that's a knife.
Measuring Tape? Nope, that's just poorly made nunchucks, so, yep, another knife.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I was thinking of a 9mm tazer tbh.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The thing is they don't actually do this, part of why the games are such an orgy of grift is there always has to be new facilities built for literally everything that get used maybe once

Well that would be loving dumb

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is this knife stuff because that kid got stabbed at sunshine station a little while back? I didn't realise we had an epidemic of knife crime that would require extra powers

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Since there's no guns, cops are most scared of getting stabbed instead. Crime, especially violent crime, is relatively low in Australia but what violent crime there is is often with blunt weapons and knives. But you're correct there's relatively little of it. It might get worse as the working class gets squeezed and suffers under cost of living pressures due to the ruling class' policies and actions but it's always overblown by the media.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I was kind of curious if the entire poster made sense because they are numbered 4 and 5.
It still doesn’t explain the batons and nunchucks, I guess they can make a case for Swiss Army knives but what about my fancy EDC multi-tool that has blades for all kind of tasks?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Its the knife crime epidemic just like the african gang epidemic

More than 3 young african men are a knife

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

DRINK ME posted:

I was kind of curious if the entire poster made sense because they are numbered 4 and 5.
It still doesn’t explain the batons and nunchucks, I guess they can make a case for Swiss Army knives but what about my fancy EDC multi-tool that has blades for all kind of tasks?

What's your skin colour?

Also I didn't carry a knife, where is my house?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Eediot Jedi posted:

What's your skin colour?

Also I didn't carry a knife, where is my house?

Pasty but I look like I’m unemployed so it’s probably a knife. I don’t actually own a multi-tool so I’m probably safe until they mistake something else for a knife.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

DRINK ME posted:

"Buy First House"

I laughed at that, way to destroy your credibility...

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
im gonna hide a knife in my enemies belongings and ruin their shot at happiness

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

DRINK ME posted:

racially profiling the ninja turtles is hosed

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Its the knife crime epidemic just like the african gang epidemic

More than 3 young african men are a knife

jesus what the gently caress is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

The whole knife thing is aimed at youth crime where kids can basically gently caress up their lives because they are carrying weapons and might actually use them. The Queensland trains also have 'em and also IIRC there have been more than a few cases of kids/young adults killing people and really adding barriers can help to reduce that.