Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Just sign up for a house lottery with 220+ people and win, like I did.

Simple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

In hindsight, I’m glad that I won a small plot that’s right next to the bells and market board.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tekopo posted:

Just sign up for a house lottery with 220+ people and win, like I did.

Simple

I'm still amused that after my guildies had all gone through the camping hassle back in the day pre-lottery I said "huh, what's that hammer thing on the map", walked over and bought a house.

Don't worry, it definitely used up all my luck.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Fan Fest Merch Preview is up

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

hexwren posted:

I don't know if that's exactly true - I don't do savage and have just been capping comedy every week and spending it on my lead gear set, and I'm still short three pieces of 650 gear.

While I have dancer mostly geared out, I ran Sil'dih solo on warrior and my tank gear hasn't been touched since patch 6.3. So I'd probably really be noticing it in the new Criterion.

Or I could try to solo it on dancer but I feel like I'd be spending every other GCD on the heal action if I did that.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Regalingualius posted:

In hindsight, I’m glad that I won a small plot that’s right next to the bells and market board.

Yeah, I got a Goblet plot right next to MB/bell/aetheryte with no competition and it owns

Middle of nowhere small plot owner solidarity

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, I got a Goblet plot right next to MB/bell/aetheryte with no competition and it owns

Middle of nowhere small plot owner solidarity

I'm a plot down from them but I also have a sheer cliff wall, but that means it's cozy!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The new variant rocks. Being able to get rose color glasses after my first run is a huge win

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Huh, interesting that they're selling FFTCG product at Fanfest. I guess it makes sense given that Fanfest is on the same weekend as Dawn of Heroes release.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Just did Sohr Khai for the first time after the rework and I'm a little disappointed they turned it into a circular arena instead of the multiplatform battlefield. I'm sure they did this to accommodate Trusts and their AI but still.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

its kinda funny cause in an 6.1 they made the smaller platforms indestructible but I guess that still wasn't enough for managing it with Trusts

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh god what are they doing to do to diamond weapon

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Awesome! posted:

oh god what are they doing to do to diamond weapon

Would they make Diamond trust-able? It's not MSQ-related.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think eventually they want the entire game to be playable with npcs. they are just starting with msq stuff.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Awesome! posted:

i think eventually they want the entire game to be playable with npcs. they are just starting with msq stuff.

[Citation Needed]

I don't recall that ever being said. The MSQ is the only thing that has ever been mentioned as having a focus on being done with trusts.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, I'd be shocked if they ever revamped non-MSQ duties for Duty Support. Getting the MSQ fully supported is enough of a task, and I think "you can play the full MSQ solo but side story duties require multiplayer" is fair enough, really.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Full MSQ support still requires 23 NPC Crystal Tower raids so they have some work ahead of them.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Yeah but 1/4 of those NPCs can just be programmed to stand in every orange circle

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

a) You're never going to be able to take NPCs into any fight with coordination more complicated than a stack marker. Either the NPCs would have a strat that the player would have to follow (the devs would never spoil fights like this) or the player would somehow have to convey how to solve poo poo like High Concept to the NPCs (lmao)

b) Despite the push for soloability this game is still a massively multiplayer online rpg at its core and they probably want you to interact with human beings at least occasionally

c) They already removed most of the early jank fights from the game, if they took a hatchet to all the optional level 50 dungeons it would genuinely break my heart

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Ryanbomber posted:

a) You're never going to be able to take NPCs into any fight with coordination more complicated than a stack marker. Either the NPCs would have a strat that the player would have to follow (the devs would never spoil fights like this) or the player would somehow have to convey how to solve poo poo like High Concept to the NPCs (lmao)

I don’t know, Shtola is good to follow if a boss disappears or goes invisible

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the idea is that, when the game gets to the point where nobody's playing it anymore, someone can still play through the MSQ to get the story. that's a very long timeframe, but any work done to contribute to that goal that also helps current players is woth spending time on

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Mister Olympus posted:

this is a much easier question to solve than you think. what is it that draws people to eureka that the other things don't have? people don't do bozja anymore even (or at least not the dungeons), but eureka specifically is still pretty active. just copy that reward structure into whatever else.

It's the relics OP. This is also why people keep publically expressing their annoyance that they didn't tie the EW relic to content.

Relics are the best way to make old content evergreen. I *still* get instant queues for E3N because of that one Bozja relic step.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The Variant glam stuff is pretty good looking. I wish hairstyles would more consistently swap colors though, this one can't do dark roots. Most of them look good one way and muddy/barely noticeable the other.

Also a new Best Mount in the Game, but I'm not even spoilering that because people deserve the joy of discovering it themselves. Not on Day 2.

New Best Minion though...

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I hope all the story trials (like Thordan and the EW final trial) get ilvl sync trusts eventually so they feel impactful and significant again at their respective points in the story, just like the not-final EW trial you can trust

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

last night I hopped on a random PF that was doing the last 6.0 trial MINE and not only was it fun but also lmao the Big Attack you have to tank LB through can still almost kill you

also she got like five stacks of damage up in the last bit which was fun to see

so yeah I'm on board

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Felt like enemies were a lot more clumped when I was encountering them incidentally doing other stuff rather than running around trying to vibe them.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I hope all the story trials (like Thordan and the EW final trial) get ilvl sync trusts eventually so they feel impactful and significant again at their respective points in the story, just like the not-final EW trial you can trust

It really is a bummer that older fights don't have the impact that they did on release because of power creep. A lot of them you don't even get to see all of their mechanics before they're killed.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Get Innocuous! posted:

It really is a bummer that older fights don't have the impact that they did on release because of power creep. A lot of them you don't even get to see all of their mechanics before they're killed.

It's happening to the final EW trial now, that's what's getting me. That trial more than anything needs to not be affected by ilvl creep

E: unrelated I have no clue how to stat my manderville for blm, I don't do much of anything that requires materia and stuff. Spell speed crit and det?

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 20, 2023

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TheWorldsaStage posted:

E: unrelated I have no clue how to stat my manderville for blm, I don't do much of anything that requires materia and stuff. Spell speed crit and det?

According to The Balance, you have two options: Crit Black Mage or Spell Speed Black Mage.

Crit: ilvl > Spell Speed (to comfort, generally recommend ~1.3k+) > Crit > Det >= DH

Spell Speed: ilvl > Spell Speed > Det >= DH > Crit

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

For any goons going, Squeenix has released a mobile app for FanFest.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Tekopo posted:

Missing three pieces, especially right-side, isn't that much of an issue to be honest. I did notice that there were some 630/660 only PFs, but I also see stuff like this in EU at least:

Not a single 660-only PF. Although I dunno if the situation in NA is worse.

it's definitely not an issue, I'm doing fine at 646 or whatever I'm at right now. i just start narrowing my eyes whenever people talk about what "everybody's" doing when it's definitely not what the average player is up to

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I just realized that, while the second criterion dungeon doesn't give us another rear end, with a bit of work we do get an ASMR.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

sucks to your assmar

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

A Second Mount Rokkon (has hit the towers mr president)

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Kheldarn posted:

According to The Balance, you have two options: Crit Black Mage or Spell Speed Black Mage.

Crit: ilvl > Spell Speed (to comfort, generally recommend ~1.3k+) > Crit > Det >= DH

Spell Speed: ilvl > Spell Speed > Det >= DH > Crit

Thanks! Looks like I'll be redoing those at some point then lol

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Well that's the first time I've seen a tank in leveling roulette do a double pull, then stand in the middle of it with Passage of Arms active for the full duration.

He had an i650 sword.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Flare magical wings to assert dominance

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quiggy posted:

I'm coming up on 4mil gil and probably gonna try to buy a house soon, can't wait to join all y'all in this pain :negative:

if you just want a small literally anywhere you can get one its not too bad, the real suffering is when you want something specific, even as vague as choosing which of the five cities you want it in

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Not related to new content, I just thought to level my WHM through tribals and hit Sworn with the Vanu. Don't mess with us, we have the power of Halone and Polynesian war dance on our side!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
SE needs to turn their poo poo down a bit because ShB story 8mans were tough but the first 8 man is going so badly that everyone keeps dropping or voting to abandon. poo poo like this is why I just use trusts now because at least they're programmed to drag you over the finish line

Its also why I stopped playing healer man I'm here to chill not have to manage my cooldowns right or everyone dies in story content

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jul 20, 2023