Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

If the sun isn't too warm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I'd say they should get David Warner to play a few roles, but they might find that a bit difficult.

Or maybe not these days.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
AI David Warner, you are under arrest by order of David Warner's estate

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

AI David Warner, you are under arrest by order of David Warner's estate

Which AI David Warner, Sark or the MCP?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I haven't been to a drive-in in over twenty years. I think the closest one to me in NYC is somewhere upstate.

The Hall of Science in Flushing Meadows does summer drive-ins, but I think they tend to be older movies. I saw 28 Days Later there in the pandemic.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Older movies are better though

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Rooftop showings can be a nice alternative. I saw Clueless for the first time in years at a place in the Village last summer.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

so uh I guess there's the trump vs biden eternal debate
https://twitch.tv/trumporbiden2024

it's still going

These are the only canon AI presidents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpb_Jt7qJ8s

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Alan Smithee posted:

so uh I guess there's the trump vs biden eternal debate
https://twitch.tv/trumporbiden2024

it's still going

I hit play, heard Trump say 'Mark Zuckerberg's mind-boggling penis' and then it cut to an ad break.

Honestly I figure it'll be all downhill from there and I don't need to watch anymore.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I haven't been to a drive-in in over twenty years. I think the closest one to me in NYC is somewhere upstate.

i've got three of them near me and not one of them is doing barbie/oppenheimer

two are doing barbie/no hard feelings and one is doing barbie/legally blonde. it's real disappointing

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Barbie/Legally Blonde is also mine. I figured they'd never do Oppenheimer because it's rated R and they don't wanna project a 30ft tall butt in the middle of the outdoors.

But it's totally fine for them to be doing a free showing of Sound of Freedom tonight. :waycool:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hope that Nolan intercuts Opp’s butt with the trinity test

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

What's Family Man

Not much what's Family Man with you.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

IATSE now calling for strike authorization. A strike would shut down Broadway and touring theatrical productions.

Edit: Also, sadly predictable scab behavior from Tom Cruise...

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 20, 2023

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
It's not really scab behavior if he's sticking to the rules and asking permission first for an exception.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1681721901796716544?t=juMBQZkIlIiFSox_4IHvPA&s=19

The ghost has a nottwitter account

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tom cruise has cool stunts to do he doesn’t want to stand in the heat all day

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CelticPredator posted:

Tom cruise has cool stunts to do he doesn’t want to stand in the heat all day

Jackie Chan could do cool stunts while standing in the heat all day. :colbert:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's not really scab behavior if he's sticking to the rules and asking permission first for an exception.

Eh, still a little bit, but at least he's asking.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
it's okay Tom Cruise will provide free auditing tables

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/srirachachau/status/1681741113449918464?s=46&t=lbKxPpxJyMeDN0i-nFAg4A

Hot gently caress what

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Matthew Nolan is the oldest brother and ended up getting embroiled into some serious poo poo back in the mid 00s.

Edit: tldr he was a businessman who got involved with drug smuggling and eventually murdered a guy who stole from his boss. At one point he was caught trying to escape from prison.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 20, 2023

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I mean, that's a fun accusation but when you look at the actual facts there's only one cool thing about the guy, that he tried to escape from prison. Everything else is really circumstantial.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I mean, that's a fun accusation but when you look at the actual facts there's only one cool thing about the guy, that he tried to escape from prison. Everything else is really circumstantial.

OTOH, this is not a court of law, it's an interesting story, and no matter how circumstantial the evidence may or may not be it seems to have pretty clearly influenced the kind of stories the Nolan boys make

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I'm 100% willing to discuss any director's influence and I'm just not seeing it. Nolan made the first two Batman movies, Following, The Prestige, and had Inception in the can before any of the murder stuff, any of the prison break stuff. Post murder accusation and escape conviction he's made Dark Knight Rises, Interstellar, Dunkirk, Tenet, and Oppenheimer. This seems like another internet meme trying to take root.

edit: I reworded something because it sounded insulting.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 20, 2023

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Well the murder happened in 2004. I'm willing to believe that even before the murder their brother's life could have had a big influence on them.

I'm not really advancing any SMG theory for interpretation here, I'm just saying "huh, interesting"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
All of Nolans movies are secretly coded messages about drug drops and murder targets as go betweens for his bro and the mob

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
That would be so sick

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Scarface remake by Nolan which is sullen and lifeless albeit well made at first glance but a plea for equity from the studio system that forced him to sell dope just to get by due to hollywood accounting

Upon further review

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Freeze framing everytime they show the tattoos and messages in Memento at 480p and recording hidden codewords using a palmpilot

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The third Nolan brother is some Metal Gear poo poo even not getting into his alias being a Kojima af name

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MacheteZombie posted:

All of Nolans movies are secretly coded messages about drug drops and murder targets as go betweens for his bro and the mob

The world forever changes today bc while everyone is watching barbieheimer, a 5 hour epic, Nolan is busting his murdering brother out of prison and he’ll commit some crazy rear end crimes

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It’s important to note that Nolan is British so WWII is never more than thirty seconds from his mind. TV in the UK is 90% WWII content.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Makes sense. You can't actually pine for the British empire (that'll change in a decade or so) so you just pine for the last significant thing it did.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

I'm in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC36d8e3bb0

Kalki 2898 AD

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Deepika Padukone is in it, hmmm but Hrithik Roshan is not…hmmmm…

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

After we got a dog, my fiancee finally made me watch Marley and Me. I knew the dog died at the end, but for some reason I thought that the dog drowned, so every time there was some lighthearted scene of them in a pool or on the beach I thought it was some Chekhov's water scenario and got tense. Needless to say I was a bit off on that, haha.

That being said, for an unabashed romcom heart-tugger, it wasn't bad. Way better than A Dog's Purpose.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Marley and Me is a surprisingly good movie. My wife and I watched it randomly and I had to leave the room to cry in the kitchen lol

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston give pretty good performances in it. Aniston especially had some good dramatic bits. Plus, it was a nice surprise to see Alan Arkin in it after him passing on recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Pretty sure the movie was made while he was still alive.