Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Mine up the street went out of business. It was nothing but soda, candy, snacks, rolling papers, lotto tickets, 5 hour energy drinks, and bananas. They probably sold 3 a week because they were always banana bread level of ripeness. They had to have one thing so everyone could pretend that we're not in a food desert.

"Food $200
Snacks $150
Payroll $800
Candles $3,600
Utility $150

someone who is good at running a gas station please help me budget this. my business is dying"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

thank goodness Wide Awake Media shared this incredible interview

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
most carbon doesn't come from human means like cars and industry it actually comes from things like volcanos and mammals breathing

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

toggle posted:

thank goodness Wide Awake Media shared this incredible interview

:wom:

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Thought that was gonna be The Nature Boy Ric Flair himself and I’m very disappointed

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
https://twitter.com/wideawake_media/status/1681610804120911872?s=20

🤣🤣🤣

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Anyone that buys that shirt will instantly regret wearing it unless they want to talk about it everywhere they go. Either people will think they are in a cult and ask what’s up, or have someone insult them for being a denialist. I highly doubt they will be receiving fist bumps from in the know right wingers all day long. Kinda like the shirt I had that I once loved of an orangutan face blown out in high detail. After being called racist I never wore it again

Soggy Muffin has issued a correction as of 07:48 on Jul 20, 2023

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
My cult t-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already not answered by the shirt

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

silicone thrills posted:

My problem with bikes and hills isnt going up the hill its going down. I feel just a complete existential level of terror that i cant figure out how to get over. I feel the same thing snowboarding but if i fall then i know its into snow so my brain is like ok thats fine. Road and assholes with cars? Brain says no.

Just finished Termination Shock. Not a bad book. Almost wish it was longer or had a sequel.

Bombing down hills especially when there are cars around or I'm on singletrack I get this sort of vision of myself hitting a tree or a car or my wheel falling off and my body getting utterly ragdolled and for some reason it leads to this mad exhilaration where I feel like I'm both invincible and already dead and the sky is so blue and the wind is so fresh and I can smell every dandelion pushing up through cracks in the pavement as they whiz by in a slow motion blur. I feel that I'm laughing like a lunatic but my jaw is set and I'm breathing deeply through my nostrils taking in huge volumes of air all of the way down to the small iron bar that lies at the core of my being. There is an anchor rode fastened to that iron bar that stretches to the center of the earth and in that moment I understand enlightenment, peace, and the ecstacy of faith.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

still can’t get over the state of Prof Ian’s teeth

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
I’m gonna fast for a day after hearing him try and pronounce ‘satellites’

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Bombing down hills especially when there are cars around or I'm on singletrack I get this sort of vision of myself hitting a tree or a car or my wheel falling off and my body getting utterly ragdolled and for some reason it leads to this mad exhilaration where I feel like I'm both invincible and already dead and the sky is so blue and the wind is so fresh and I can smell every dandelion pushing up through cracks in the pavement as they whiz by in a slow motion blur. I feel that I'm laughing like a lunatic but my jaw is set and I'm breathing deeply through my nostrils taking in huge volumes of air all of the way down to the small iron bar that lies at the core of my being. There is an anchor rode fastened to that iron bar that stretches to the center of the earth and in that moment I understand enlightenment, peace, and the ecstacy of faith.

:blessed:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Climate Cult would be a good punk band name if not for the implications

or maybe it doesn’t matter, I’m not very punk

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Hubbert posted:

memes really are the best way to negotiate one's way through the existential dread and anticipatory grief of biosphere collapse :unsmith:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

Leroy Diplowski posted:

i get this but its riding those 50lb citibikes down 5th ave lane splitting between nyc cabbies and mta busses

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
it is funny that eventually when things get so bad the narrative will shift to the “globalists” using their weather satellites to gently caress poo poo up

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

this is just a visualization of SirPablo’s entire post history

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

silicone thrills posted:

My problem with bikes and hills isnt going up the hill its going down. I feel just a complete existential level of terror that i cant figure out how to get over. I feel the same thing snowboarding but if i fall then i know its into snow so my brain is like ok thats fine. Road and assholes with cars? Brain says no.

Just finished Termination Shock. Not a bad book. Almost wish it was longer or had a sequel.

The trick to descending is to accept death is inevitable for us all and let 'er rip.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/DanielTurnerPTF/status/1681679342949003265

just the facts.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
how soon is the next dust bowl?

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

RadiRoot posted:

how soon is the next dust bowl?

Judging by the sad-looking corn I saw while driving through Iowa at the beginning of the month?

Soon

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1682023824676487170

bummer, we were so close

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
I miss it already onward to the next one

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

https://twitter.com/CadeCad84010759/status/1682036269025746945

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

AAAAAAAAH

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

doom in those eyes. dude is just v depressed about blowing past 1.5

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Hollering

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

So the mainstream is only about 10-15 years behind. I don't know about all of you but I'm optimistic about 2c 2.5c 3c?

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

even that "we change nothing" scenario seems kinda optimistic, Climate Action Tracker

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

SixteenShells posted:

even that "we change nothing" scenario seems kinda optimistic, Climate Action Tracker

It’s in line with this thread’s consensus that industrial society isn’t long for this world.

If society is in dog-eating levels of collapse by early 2025, like people keep saying, we’re not going to be shipping a million tons of coal to power plants every day

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

c-spam is 10-15 years ahead on the dog killing curve

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

SixteenShells posted:

Don't forget that doesn't take into account the fact we are under reporting and under estimating our emissions by at least 25% or any of the relatively recent science about feedback loops or carbon sinks and the climate working differently than we thought.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I ate my dog as soon as inflation reached 5%

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Rectal Death Adept posted:

relatively recent science about feedback loops or carbon sinks and the climate working differently than we thought.

Totally unnecessary proofs when a 1970's level of understanding of chaos theory does fine

Nonlinear oscillator? check

Observable metastable states within oscillator's history? check

Rapidly forced primary variable? check

Oscillator will wildly respond as damping is overcome and trend rapidly towards a higher-energy metastable state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Zodium posted:

c-spam is 10-15 years ahead on the dog killing curve

again, everything faster than expected, this poo poo is outta control