Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
I guess we'll find out how deep solidarity runs when Amos and Andy try to join the picket lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
https://twitter.com/TheSunnyPodcast/status/1680987238400925697

Whelp :shrug:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Holyshoot posted:

It's so weird seeing Mary Lynn Rajskub who plays Gail the snail. My first time seeing her was on 24 as Chloe O'Brien. I wonder how she even decided to do this gig. Maybe a friend of someone on the show and thought it would be fun?

It's weird seeing that one McPoyle as a McPoyle now that he's been in some pretty high falutin stuff like Westworld

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

I thought we already knew this was gonna happen when the strike started? It's part of the SAG rules. Plus, they want to show solidarity with their teammates.

I've noticed a few podcasts and stuff that have actor hosts are going into hiatus. Everything is kind of shutting down and likely will be for awhile. This cascades into more and more delays. It might be months until we get to see some content return.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

SAG heard that rob was about to do an episode about his neurodivergency & decided now was the time to strike

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I love how Meg has become such a huge part of the show. She's great, but I recall the earliest episodes when she really wouldn't talk much and certainly not get on cam. Now the team isn't Rob, Charlie & Glenn, but Rob, Charlie, Glenn & Meg.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
She's not just a huge part, she's basically essential. Imagine if they hadn't convinced her to get a microphone.

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

SAG heard that rob was about to do an episode about his neurodivergency & decided now was the time to strike

So SAG was backed by Big Parma all along. I knew it!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
So would they be allowed to record pod casts and just not post them? They've mentioned that they'll front load them to work the pod into hectic schedules. Can they use this time to bust through some sunny eps and wait to put them online?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Not really. You can learn more about it here: https://www.sagaftra.org/learn-about-new-sag-aftra-podcast-contracts

Using that logic of just film/record now and wait to release then it could be used on anything in film and television too.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Grem posted:

It's weird seeing that one McPoyle as a McPoyle now that he's been in some pretty high falutin stuff like Westworld

Really? I thought Jimmi was back to being a McPoyle like nothing had ever happened. Nate, the dude that plays Ryan, something didn't quite look right about him, like he had put on some (muscle) weight or something.

I was also hoping Margaret would make a cameo somewhere. Like just a shot of her licking her lips, then cut.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Robert Facepalmer posted:

I was also hoping Margaret would make a cameo somewhere. Like just a shot of her licking her lips, then cut.

Her face randomly sticking out of the ball return.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I have never felt so in sync with Dennis before. So many stupid apps on my phone just to get through life. The constant beeping really sold it.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 20, 2023

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007
My mother in law had never seen any Sunny before tonight, and managed to just see the last fifteen minutes.

It's both one of the more normal and one of the stranger episodes to show someone.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Starting to get the vague sense that Dennis might have some issues....

Wonderful episode :allears:

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
It’s funny seeing the turnaround from idea the story in real time, it’s clearly about Glenn’s story from the podcast a while back about his Tesla being stuck in the car park and getting stuck on customer service lol.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

oh drat that was the end of the season. poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wait, seriously!?!

Edit: Holy poo poo it was. Last season was only 8 episodes too but I somehow forgot.

Well... see you all in a year I guess! :shrug:

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Can't really say I've enjoyed the last episode. It didn't feel like Always Sunny at all. The first part felt like a stand-up routine, but, like, yeah, I get it. I live in that world. I know that all the apps are annoying. The second part was more chaotic but still didn't have any Always Sunny vibes, and with the ending this whole escalation felt like it'd be more at home in a South Park episode (at least from what I remember of that show)

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I've just finished bingeing the whole series and every season finale (well, since maybe season 11?) is weird as poo poo. Episode fucks.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'll be honest: this was not a great season. It certainly had it's moments but it just doesn't have the charm of any of the earlier seasons. I liked it but it's really starting to feel like they are just phoning it in. Maybe it's because they all have their own things going on now, like all the movies, the other shows, the podcast, families, etc. Especially with what was going on as they were writing this season.

Oh well, I feel like they got another one in them just to say they ended the show with some wrapped up character storylines. When that'll happen with this strike going on, I do not know. Because of this strike absolutely everything is pushed back, because once it's done you gotta work on the stuff that is more immediate.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Yeah, first act was just boomer humor about technology (but I do deeply resonate with it). But when the shoe dropped and he asked "where in America" I knew we were in for a good finish.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Main complaint is that the season finale didn’t have the gang really.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

They've kinda been rolling with the final episode of the latest seasons being a character showcase
Last season Charlie has his big crying monologue, Mac had his dance in season 13

I get that they want to keep things interesting for themselves and get to flex sometimes, though I agree it is a bit weird to put it at the end of an 8 episode season. I'd have swapped it with the bowling one

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ShowTime posted:

I'll be honest: this was not a great season.

Personally I think it’s the strongest season they’ve had in years. Felt revitalized, and no longer feeling like they’ve got good concepts that aren’t hitting their potential.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

They've kinda been rolling with the final episode of the latest seasons being a character showcase
Last season Charlie has his big crying monologue, Mac had his dance in season 13

I get that they want to keep things interesting for themselves and get to flex sometimes, though I agree it is a bit weird to put it at the end of an 8 episode season. I'd have swapped it with the bowling one

That's true, I didn't even think about that. This one in particular felt moreso, though.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
until I read this thread I thought it was universally agreed every season was good, each better than the last.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Khanstant posted:

until I read this thread I thought it was universally agreed every season was good, each better than the last.

Hasn't even begun to peak.

They always throw in episodes that are a bit different than the normal flow of the series. It's not the best episode to end the season on, but it's a fine episode. And made more funny when you know they wrote the episode because of Glenn being pissed off about Tesla.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Khanstant posted:

Up until this season, this thread would spend each season saying that the newest season was complete poo poo unlike the previous season that was good (even though they said it was poo poo in the previous year's thread). Though this season is legit good, and I think that's down to them going back through these old episodes and getting back into the headspace they were in when they wrote and shot those episodes. I think that makes a show good. Doc and Jackson would always go through old Venture Bros before working on the new season so they could find little tidbits from old episodes that they wanted to bring back or expand on. It adds a lot of continuity that was never originally intended that makes the whole show seem like a connected world.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Dennis has the best car ride music taste.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Vookatos posted:

Can't really say I've enjoyed the last episode. It didn't feel like Always Sunny at all. The first part felt like a stand-up routine, but, like, yeah, I get it. I live in that world. I know that all the apps are annoying. The second part was more chaotic but still didn't have any Always Sunny vibes, and with the ending this whole escalation felt like it'd be more at home in a South Park episode (at least from what I remember of that show)

I was getting later South Park vibes like where Cartman was annoyed about musicians outside of Whole Foods or some other very specific rich celebrity southern California gripe where the rich, pampered out of touch creators just put their complaints in the mouths of dumb Denver kids and it feels dumb and off.

When I think of 5 idiot degenerates running a dying dive bar in Philly I don't think of such pressing concerns as linking up your Apple watch heart monitor to your phone, having problems with the cashier at the local boba tea place, complaints about your Tesla and phone store. These sound more like the problems of millionaire actors in Hollywood! Oh well.

Too bad we were stuck there instead of the better plot of 4 idiots trying to turn coal into diamonds in a pressure cooker.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I mean...they're basically just broad complaints about our tech-connected world, and if you haven't run into similar things in your own life then I don't know what to tell you.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Although specifically the app thing they've already covered pretty extensively with Paddy's Wagon and the authentic experience

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Although specifically the app thing they've already covered pretty extensively with Paddy's Wagon and the authentic experience

And the shusher.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Super Deuce posted:

And the shusher.

Seeking Rude Man who Shushes

felked
Jul 4, 2023

1glitch0 posted:

I was getting later South Park vibes like where Cartman was annoyed about musicians outside of Whole Foods or some other very specific rich celebrity southern California gripe where the rich, pampered out of touch creators just put their complaints in the mouths of dumb Denver kids and it feels dumb and off.

When I think of 5 idiot degenerates running a dying dive bar in Philly I don't think of such pressing concerns as linking up your Apple watch heart monitor to your phone, having problems with the cashier at the local boba tea place, complaints about your Tesla and phone store. These sound more like the problems of millionaire actors in Hollywood! Oh well.

Too bad we were stuck there instead of the better plot of 4 idiots trying to turn coal into diamonds in a pressure cooker.

You think rich ppl are generally annoyed with whole foods or at whole foods? The rich ppl are the ones using it lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Yeah and that fits great with the show. This was like an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Overall though I loving loved this season. Excellent bits in every episode. I think they reignited the spark (or have properly harnessed the talents of a passionate fan/writer/director with Megan) enough to justify the 2 season renewal.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Mordja posted:

I mean...they're basically just broad complaints about our tech-connected world, and if you haven't run into similar things in your own life then I don't know what to tell you.

The whole "clip" episode was predicated on the fact they all needed to update their phones. The gangs had to deal with similar stuff already too.

QR code menus are the bane of my existence I felt that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

I can see where some complaints are coming from regarding the season ender, but despite being irregular for the gang that episode was really good, and the twist at the end just keeps getting funnier the further I get away from it. Truly he is a Golden God.