Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yeah, last night it wanted me to rewatch the episode of Vice Principals I just watched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Paramount doesn’t keep any record of me watching strange new worlds and is stuck on episode 3

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

A MIRACLE posted:

Paramount doesn’t keep any record of me watching strange new worlds and is stuck on episode 3

The app is horrible. They make it very hard to find what you're looking for on there. And because I turn the episode off when the credits roll, it never tells me that a new episode is available, because they think I need to finish the last episode, aka the last 30 seconds of the credits.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If you find what you're looking for immediately, you won't be exposed to all the other incredible exclusive content they have available for your browsing pleasure

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's like how Spotify wants me to do absolutely anything but listen to a playlist that I created.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
AMC+ is pretty bad too, if I start watching a series it's a complete crap shoot whether it appears in the "Continue watching" section. If it doesn't I'll have to search for it, refind where I left off, and then when the episode ends it will try to play the very first episode of the series no matter which episode or season I'm on.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

It's like how Spotify wants me to do absolutely anything but listen to a playlist that I created.

It’s really hard to tell what’s incompetence and what’s a dark pattern these days

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I'm sure nobody in this thread needs me to tell them this, but Secret Invasion is real dumb. There are elements that are enjoyable - the acting and actors themselves are good (Olivia Coleman in particular), but if you turn your brain off enough to not constantly think "wait but why didn't they X" then it's just boring as gently caress. This is coming from someone who generally enjoys MCU poo poo. They sidestep the Avengers not being in it but it's pretty clearly just because Disney doesn't even know who the gently caress that is at the moment.

Emilia Clarke needs a new agent or something. I just want to see her in something that effectively utilizes the eyebrows.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Halloween Jack posted:

The Algorithm knows better than you.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Halloween Jack posted:

I try looking for new music on Spotify and it's like pulling teeth.

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

I support prison abolition, except for posters without avatars.

A MIRACLE posted:

Peacock doesn't remember me watching Poker Face. Every below deck or other bravo garbage my wife watches is right there but not poker face

Glottis posted:

Emilia Clarke needs a new agent or something. I just want to see her in something that effectively utilizes the eyebrows.

Who is Cara Delevingne's agent? Her eyebrows seem to get work.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Tiny Timbs posted:

It’s really hard to tell what’s incompetence and what’s a dark pattern these days

It's demoniacally malignant; you can always be Engaging more with the Brand, the Content is just bait. There's nothing you can ever do to satisfy It, It will never leave you alone to watch your stories.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A secret shame of mine is that I only watched the first season of deadwood over a decade ago despite thinking it was great, so I am trying to rectify that now and I am nearing the end of Season 1 for the second time. The show is great. Especially the cast, but I do find it funny that this settlement has like, a few dozen people we actually see, and if I am making a generous estimate, I can't imagine more than a couple of hundred people live there. Yet Al Swearengen has on average two people killed per episode lol.

Also just found out he was a real guy.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
An absolute all-timer of a show. I still have to see the movie, because I wamt to have time to binge it all again before I do.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah the first time I started watching it I knew it ended abruptly in a way that drove people nuts, so it’s nice to know that now I can cap it off with the movie, which is way more recent than I thought it was. 2019? Wow

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Glottis posted:

I'm sure nobody in this thread needs me to tell them this, but Secret Invasion is real dumb. There are elements that are enjoyable - the acting and actors themselves are good (Olivia Coleman in particular), but if you turn your brain off enough to not constantly think "wait but why didn't they X" then it's just boring as gently caress. This is coming from someone who generally enjoys MCU poo poo. They sidestep the Avengers not being in it but it's pretty clearly just because Disney doesn't even know who the gently caress that is at the moment.

Yeah, I've never been a comic book fan, but I've really enjoyed what they're doing with the MCU. There has been some cool stuff in Secret Invasion, but none of it is that interesting. They directly address it, they've asked Fury multiple times why he isn't calling in more of the heavy hitters, and he explains it away as this is personal. But it just suggests to the audience that the threat is not actually that threatening. Especially since the trailers for The Marvels shows Fury in an integral role, it just suggests that the events in Secret Invasion had no overall impact on the MCU. Maybe it will with one episode left.

Olivia Coleman is a delight in the show though.

As lovely as Bob Iger has been in the WGA and SAG strikes, at least he recognizes that Marvel was spreading themselves too thin and doing too much.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I don't think any of it was ever very good at all but as a fan of found footage I respect the right to watch stupid bullshit :patriot:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
HBO Max added another collection of Chopped episodes, which is great and also contains an episode featuring some of the tastiest looking pizzas I’ve ever seen.

Watching Chopped late at night rules.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I just learned that the theme song of Cheers contains the line "And your husband wants to be a girl." What was going on in Gary Portnoy's life in 1982?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Watched Puss in Boots Last Wish for the first time since theaters last night, what an incredible movie

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Finally getting around to watching the Gremlins animated prequel miniseries on Max and it's totally won me over. The first few episodes I was a little hesitant, and it's maybe a little more kid-friendly so far, but the cast is surprisingly stacked (George Takei plays a smart talking gremlin!) and it's turned into a delightful romp that incorporates the Gremlins into Chinese mythology while still letting them be really gross and chaotic.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Legend Of Dinosaurs & Monster Birds is the best movie ever made about prehistoric animals, but the title is entirely erroneous. The creatures are reptiles, not dinosaurs.

The actual best non-JP dino movies are Dinotasia, Walking With Dinosaurs: The Movie: The Cretaceous Cut (on mute), and Area 407.

lol fair enough. did you know it was a giant hit in the USSR and sold what would be like 600 million dollars of tickets at modern US prices

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

I support prison abolition, except for posters without avatars.
I'm late to "The Other Two" party, but holy poo poo this is incredible

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
New Soderbergh thriller mini-series Full Circle on Max is really good. The whole cast is great but CCH Pounder as the head of a Guyanese-American crime family is the standout.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I enjoyed The Other Two but I think I would have liked it more if I was watching on a weekly basis. It gets kind of overbearing after a while.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

The genuine VHS experience

Be kind and press the toggle

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Human Tornada posted:

New Soderbergh thriller mini-series Full Circle on Max is really good. The whole cast is great but CCH Pounder as the head of a Guyanese-American crime family is the standout.

I have been a fan of CCH Pounder since Face/Off. Thanks for the tip!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Shageletic posted:

Be kind and press the toggle

Yes?

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
You'll cowards n^^^@s ay bitch Witch From Mercury suuuuucked

We never even see the planet Mercury, the gently caress half-rear end Utena wannabe poo poo

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I started watching the new Justified episodes streaming on Hulu (I think broadcast on FX). Only 2 episodes so far, but it is looking to be good. The first episode had to introduce all the new characters since Raylan is now going to be in Detroit. But the second episode seems to settle in well.

Fair warning, Raylan has his daughter with him. He gets stuck in Detroit while on a road trip with her. So there is tension with her being a rebellious teen stuck in a hotel while he is off doing his US Marshall thing. So there is a some tension there while he is dividing his attention. But so far it doesn’t seem like it will be bad.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Orvin posted:

I started watching the new Justified episodes streaming on Hulu (I think broadcast on FX). Only 2 episodes so far, but it is looking to be good. The first episode had to introduce all the new characters since Raylan is now going to be in Detroit. But the second episode seems to settle in well.

Fair warning, Raylan has his daughter with him. He gets stuck in Detroit while on a road trip with her. So there is tension with her being a rebellious teen stuck in a hotel while he is off doing his US Marshall thing. So there is a some tension there while he is dividing his attention. But so far it doesn’t seem like it will be bad.

The daughter is played by Olyphnt’s actual daughter of you weren’t aware.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Tainen posted:

The daughter is played by Olyphnt’s actual daughter of you weren’t aware.

She's kinda bad but those type of rebellious cop's kid roles are pretty thankless. They never really have anything to do but be an idiot.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I'm really hyped for Twisted Metal to the extent I actually know the premiere date, which is something I don't know for basically anything, and will be watching it the hour it drops.

There is no explanation or rational for why I care about this probably very lovely tv series based on a 2000s car game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

1glitch0 posted:

I'm really hyped for Twisted Metal to the extent I actually know the premiere date, which is something I don't know for basically anything, and will be watching it the hour it drops.

There is no explanation or rational for why I care about this probably very lovely tv series based on a 2000s car game.

I'm sure it's going to be awful but I'm hoping it's successful enough to revitalize the game series, it would be great to get a new one.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

I really don't think it will be good, but I like Shaun Diston who is writing on it so I'm holding out hope.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
The games are mostly great but dumb as hell in terms of story, so I'm expecting dumb as hell. Agreed on Shaun though. I'd really only be disappointed if it's trying to be something actually serious.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
The trailer makes it look like a lot of fun, and the supporting cast I could make out were Chloe Fineman, Jason Mantzoukas, and Mike Mitchell. The trailer made me wish I still had access to Peacock

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

There was a really cringe teaser for twisted metal dropped at some gamer award thing but they probably hadn't finished the effects on any of the cool stuff so who knows

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
I started watching Full Circle, and HBO is really pushing how Steven Soderbergh directed the episodes when they should really be advertising how it was created and written by the writer of all three Bill and Ted movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
Just an update to confirm what I already commented on, in case any of you were bored enough to try it - the Secret Invasion finale was pure poo poo. Just the most garbage mid 00s-style superhero movie plot. Seriously makes me wonder how terrible the real world writing environment at Marvel is to either not get good writers or not give them enough time to come up with an engaging story. Or maybe the producers just don't know if the writing is good or not.

After watching it, a comment on /r/secretinvasion that the finale was unengaging resulted in an immediate ban, hah.