Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Artadius posted:

How is high level rogue with a controller? My old man hands can't handle long periods of ARPGs on KB+M :corsair:

its fine, i did a shadow imbue/flurry/shadow step rogue w/ it, you are not going to be super accurate w/ the shadow steps because it does it to wherever you're facing at a monster or w/e but if you dont require precision targetting 100% of the time its good. i have stuck w/ controller for all the classes and in general they all seem good w/ some catches regarding teleport type abilities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The servers are probably gonna be hosed in about 2 hours.

Good time to start a HC character

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MarcusSA posted:

they’ll be fine because everyone quit the game

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

SettingSun posted:

Don't tell the d4 thread but I'll be spending more time leveling a zoo witch than I will playing the new season. :v:

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

Ehud posted:

they’ll be fine because everyone quit the game

Yeah but we all know they hate themselves so will be lining up to play the game they hatequit.

I’m gonna do a blood necro hardcore for my first seasonal character. I wanted to do sorc of barb but neither of them go much that excites me.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

MarcusSA posted:

The hardcore race is going to be funny because you can almost guarantee that a couple streamers will RIP to server issues

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Make necro minion builds cooler and we'll talk!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Streamers probably are on a separate queue and server for stability

5er
Jun 1, 2000

DLC Inc posted:

after how bad the last dev roundtable for the S1 start was, tomorrow's stream is gonna be fuckin hilarious

"So I don't know if you guys have heard about Immortal yet,"

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
the immortal stuff is why i tuned out of the past dev streams right away almost out of visceral disgust

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Sloober posted:

the immortal stuff is why i tuned out of the past dev streams right away almost out of visceral disgust

It's so fuckin stupid. From that failure of a Blizzcon launch announcement they've tried pretending that that predatory piece of poo poo phone game is on par with a proper release. It's disingenuous as gently caress.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

5er posted:

It's disingenuous as gently caress.

This has been Blizzard.txt for at least the last five years. It really went into high gear when they merged with Activision, though.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

It does make me wonder what would change with the acquisition by Microsoft though, if anything.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does MS meddle with their game publishers ?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

SettingSun posted:

It does make me wonder what would change with the acquisition by Microsoft though, if anything.

Microsoft pretty much just leaves the studios it acquires alone for the most part. Especially the big ones. It just wants licenses to attract people to game pass to get consumers looped into the entire Microsoft product ecosphere.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Mechafunkzilla posted:

It's pretty funny that the hearts are mostly so lovely they needed to add armor just so people wouldn't slot skulls instead

They scale pretty aggressively as you level them up there's gonna be some strong stuff with them.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

euphronius posted:

At least learn how overpower works

Done. Thanks for the heads up.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Microsoft pretty much just leaves the studios it acquires alone for the most part. Especially the big ones. It just wants licenses to attract people to game pass to get consumers looped into the entire Microsoft product ecosphere.

Satya Nadella is sexually excited by the idea of someone booting up their Microsoft™ Xbox console or Microsoft™ Windows personal computer, logging in to the Microsoft™ store via Microsoft™ Bing to pay their Game Pass and World of Warcraft subscriptions, upload all of their data to Microsoft™ cloud services, and provide an enormous amount of marketing data they can sell by having all of it linked in the Microsoft™ family of products network and ecoverse.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

SettingSun posted:

Excel integration so you can more effectively plan your characters. Teams now replaces all in game chat.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Mustached Demon posted:

Excel integration

...this doesn't upset me.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Want to have the Diablo data in excel, please

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Did anyone catch that they just patched the new Heart Gems or whatever to give Armor when socketed

edit: well someone did

Verviticus posted:

trying to figure out if its possible to hit the armor cap without skulls and i dont think so. i wonder if armors just gonna become a dump stat
its fun that they realized it was literally impossible to hit the armor cap without skulls, lmfao

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
                  Bucket
Damage |

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

If they ever get around to doing something about resistances, we'll get to have defense buckets!

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

flashman posted:

They scale pretty aggressively as you level them up there's gonna be some strong stuff with them.

yes but if you're 750 armor from the armor cap, a skull is actually worth more dr than the 20% one. armor is a really hosed up system that you either cap out on, ignore, or its the most valuable stat in the game and its not even close

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

euphronius posted:

I wish they had an early start option you could pay for. That was nice on launch weekend

You belong in the paypig gulag

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

if you dont start a season with HC you're a Big Baby or a gamer dad

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
(gamers standing motionless as the enemies just wail on em, praying their armor stat will save them)

There's GOT to be a better way!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Verviticus posted:

if you dont start a season with HC you're a Big Baby or a gamer dad

I have died in SC enough to network instability that this is a hard pass from me brother.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

have you tried simply not disconnecting

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The weak and the wireless belong in the hall of fallen heroes

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Play SC and pinky swear to delete your character if you die to anything other than lag

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Me and the boys at 1PM:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

SettingSun posted:

Make necro minion builds cooler and we'll talk!

Nothing is as frustrating as bonespearing down a barricade, in front of your skelefriends who watch and refuse to contribute.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

explosivo posted:

Me and the boys at 1PM:

Get a job, hippie.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Blizzard please add into your online shop:
lvl 50 boost
extra character slots
extra stash slots
crafting mats packages
gold
pets that collect stuff for you
your own fortress with vendors close to stash

You can sell me this whole package for $40 $35 on SALE

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Get a job, hippie.

I'm on vacation (for non Diablo reasons) :smug:

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

moths posted:

Nothing is as frustrating as bonespearing down a barricade, in front of your skelefriends who watch and refuse to contribute.

you hired them to hit things trying to kill you, not as demolitionists

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

So which endgame builds are the least reliant on uniques? I'm fine with stuff that is "playable, but not fully optimized" without them, but I don't want a build that just feels like poo poo until the RNG gods smile on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Also this is very interesting, remember all those videos where people are killing Lilith after patch with the nerfed builds just as fast? It's actually because they reduced Lilith's hp massively at the same time. So the damage is actually much worse but the challenge is adjusted accordingly here (presumably leaving only high tier nm dungeons more difficult than before)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQZ9XZnLmFg

ben (the world first hc lilith guy) had a fairly similar response to the patch: it's a bizarre smattering of stuff that got changed with very few of the biggest bugs people were using getting fixed. vid as a whole was pretty good, fair amount of different stuff from just the angry white nosie going around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqwHxoWMWVc