Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

heck, Air and Blackberry both ruled so sure, I'll watch another brand movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Air was perfectly fine, acting was good, story boilerplate, sets and wardrobe felt very Of The Time. intrusive soundtrack but that's a lot of movies anymore. competently executed but I don't think it "ruled" in any sense

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

indigi posted:

Air was perfectly fine, acting was good, story boilerplate, sets and wardrobe felt very Of The Time. intrusive soundtrack but that's a lot of movies anymore. competently executed but I don't think it "ruled" in any sense

I'll cop to being a sucker when it comes to seeing damon and affleck on screen together

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
who the gently caress has time or energy to watch a fuckin beanie baby movie

now the American Gladiators doc series, that's something I can get behind.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
There was already a Beanie Mania document that came out a year or so ago that was perfectly fine to encapsulate the 90s mania. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16433744/ it was reasonably fine. i think it could have gone a little further about Ty being a psycho but it did touch on it. also touched on all the insane soccer mom mcmansionites ruining their lives and marriages consuming beanie babies

i'll pass on yet another beanie doc

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Tagra posted:

Oh are they already mining Literotica for material? There won't be anything left if the strike drags on!

It sounds more omniverse.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i don't agree with taubin on everything but she rules

https://twitter.com/HoeffnerJoe/status/1681617958139772928

hell yes amy, love seeing critics fight

https://twitter.com/tnyfrontrow/status/1681765442438721540
https://twitter.com/AmyOrNot/status/1682052948598181890

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Beardless Zach, extremely cursed

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i want to like the Barbie movie but that nagging part of me keeps remembering when movie people were talking about how great the lego movie was and then i saw it and it was just a 90 minute commercial

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

indigi posted:

I unfortunately was around when my MIL put it on and it was, adequate. It's a made for TV movie premise with a bigger budget.

It was pretty bizarre MJ himself was pointedly not in the movie. He's like a ghost and only his mother can speak to or for him.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Blood Boils posted:

Beardless Zach, extremely cursed

I was wondering why that guys face seemed so strange to me

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

skooma512 posted:

I unfortunately was around when my MIL put it on and it was, adequate. It's a made for TV movie premise with a bigger budget.

It was pretty bizarre MJ himself was pointedly not in the movie. He's like a ghost and only his mother can speak to or for him.

I get that decision though, Jordan is such a legend that you can't have him there like at all. the movie's about the shoe deal and all the behind the scenes political/business finagling it took to make that happen, but if you have Jordan as a character it completely skews the perspective. you'd have to show him and his mom talking, him and his agent talking, him interacting with the shoe execs, the other characters would basically always be asking "where's Michael"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if forrest gump got elvis, air could have gotten a jordan

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

indigi posted:

I get that decision though, Jordan is such a legend that you can't have him there like at all. the movie's about the shoe deal and all the behind the scenes political/business finagling it took to make that happen, but if you have Jordan as a character it completely skews the perspective. you'd have to show him and his mom talking, him and his agent talking, him interacting with the shoe execs, the other characters would basically always be asking "where's Michael"

Michael could be bigger than curly fries

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

I keep forgetting that sometime clicking on a play button just redirects you to another website. That's annoying. You should just be able to see the teaser in the embed.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

NBC has all the old episodes of Kolchak the Night Stalker for streaming and they hold up really well. obviously it’s pretty commonly known how it inspired the x files but it’s pretty cool how deeply that influence was transferred to the supernatural mystery genre in general. kolchak is an especially good character in contrast to many modern shows too, he’s a fallible, schlubby, sometimes awkward middle aged dude instead of a cut mega handsome genius or whatever

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

indigi posted:

Plus, any actor who doesn't get the Jordan impersonation absolutely spot-on is going to suck audiences out of the story because part of the viewer's brain is going to go "Michael Jordan doesn't talk like that."

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Srice posted:

heck, Air and Blackberry both ruled so sure, I'll watch another brand movie

What brand would you like to see get turned into a flick?
(Really like idea of a story about the phenomenon of beanie babies.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Hypercolor - The Shirt that Changed Everything

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Underarmor, Black Rifle Coffee, Chik Fil A, Hobby Lobby

the possibilities are endless :swoon: I fuckin' love engaging with brands. hashtag brands FTW

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Axe Body Spray

Big Bad Idiot
Jun 27, 2023

by vyelkin

Eric Cantonese posted:

I keep forgetting that sometime clicking on a play button just redirects you to another website. That's annoying. You should just be able to see the teaser in the embed.

yah its insane that a play button is just a link to subscribe to apple TV

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
the mark of a good leftist is how much you love engaging with brands and consuming brand

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You know an Elon Musk movie is coming

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

skooma512 posted:

You know an Elon Musk movie is coming

and he's gonna be played by timothy chalamet

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Remember when HBO wasn’t television? HBO was HBO, and they were above it all. Well, HBO isn’t HBO anymore. No one will confuse Max’s reality show, MILF Manor, with prestige television. Anyway, when I took a flyer and dove into MILF, I was probably inspired by 30 Rock’s fake reality show, MILF Island.

Or maybe I was thinking of Stifler’s mom.

Immediately, MILF – spoiler incoming – punks its participants. The MILFs will be living in a villa with their sons, and their sons will comprise the dating pool. Also, the MILFs will be rooming with their sons. Take a moment. Let that all marinate.

Personally, I’d run from this enterprise like it was Epstein’s Island.

But no one does. Apparently, everyone is down for an all-expense paid TV vacation. When they signed up for reality television, they knew the score. Embarrassment is just the cost of doing business.

MILF is not a complete catastrophe, but it makes FBoy Island, hosted by the hilarious Nikki Glaser, look like a masterpiece. MILF has no Glaser or any host for that matter. When they show needs to deliver a message to the group, they text it to a participant, who reads it aloud. Perhaps MILF is host ess because they’re trying to be different. More likely, they’re saving dinero. Indeed, MILF’s budget is tight. There are no helicopter or even three-wheeler rides. However, there are a few paddleboard dates. Heck, MILF doesn’t even splurge for his and her spa massages. Instead, in one cringe-worthy segment of many, the participants play musical massage, my name. Blindfolded sons massage blindfolded moms, including their own. No music accompanies musical massage. However, some of the moms are quite, uh, vocal in their appreciation.

No, MILF is not for the prudish.

MILF has a few other ridiculous activities. Are the sons able to pick out their mother’s panties from a pile? In one inappropriate moment of many, a dude flosses with a skimpy pair. During a truth activity, a mom reveals that she had a fling with her son’s best friend. In the immediate aftermath, the affected son sulks and skinnydips in the pool for a few hours. Where else is he going to go? He’s sharing a room with his mom. Eventually, he gets over it. MILF’s all-you-can-eat breakfast is probably too good to abandon.

Sure, MILF has its share of amusing moments, but it’s uneven and lacks direction. There’s no cash prize to shoot for. Couples do not have towalk down the aisle at the show’s conclusion, like in Love is Blind. There’s not even a stupid rose ceremony. Ultimately, MILF lacks urgency. I was able to get through nine episodes with relative ease because I was curious to see what maneuvers the MILF geniuses would come up with to keep the show going.

So… just a guess, you want to know if there are any fantasy suite shenanigans. Well, for starters, MILF has no fantasy suite. MILF has a glamping tent. As far as, uh, romance, the MILFs are much more aggressive than the cubs. I’d refer to the MILFs as cougars, but they’re more like barracudas. Charlene is arguably the most aggressive. She genuinely wants a man to put on his man pants and to man up with a get-the-job-done mentality.

Immediately after Charlene makes this plea, I imagine her with a man with a more laissez-faire approach. As Charlene makes herself available, this man blows bubbles and breaks out into a ballet performance. If you want to see if Charlene or any of the other barracudas fulfill, you’ll have to watch. I will not spoil, but will say that I found myself often rooting for the couples to not become physically entangled, particularly the couple with a nearly 40-year age gap. Joey is 20, but he looks like he just completed his Bar Mitzvah studies.

I’d be surprised if there’s a second season of MILF. There was no “reunion” special. Just like its participants, my guess is that Max is embarrassed. Indeed, MILF is the furthest thing from prestige television. But for many of us that are too lowbrow for White House Plumbers, that’s the fun.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

the rise and fall of Pyrex

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

my predictions for coming soon brand movies:

* Supersoaker
* Sriracha
* Monopoly (not the Landlord’s Game, but with a woman composite character at Parker Bros)
* Pong (maybe Pac-Man instead if Namco approves)
* Slap Wrap

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Axe Body Spray

remember when that one kid died from spraying too much of that poo poo on

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

there’s gonna be a Jenga version of the towering inferno

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i hope the monopoly movie is the obviously made up story about how charles darrow invented it by pulling up his bootstraps during the depression if that creative decision was justified for mexicans in flamin hot then surely the scots also deserve to be honored for their entrepreneurial ethnic spirit

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Pop! The Funko Story

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Olive Garden, directed by Scorsese.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

nothing more annoying than a twitter guy confidently asserting something he pulled out of his rear end

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

remember the famous album, "the who do other than their best"

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

he's not a "twitter guy" (senior film critic for the new yorker) but yea that definition is extremely poor

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

he's not a "twitter guy" (senior film critic for the new yorker)

the venn diagram of film critics and twitter guys is a circle

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/JuuustinBrown/status/1681717684516552705?t=ALlgmPzbYOW15DyqgyAxLg&s=19

Becoming pro-single-payer to break a strike

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

"whatever man, we all sell out" or the old favorite "sure I sold out, but you'd switch places with me if you could" says more about the person saying these sentences than the other person

I have mixed feelings about Barbie. it certainly looks fun and among the better possibilities of what a Barbie movie could be. but its contradictions are impossible to escape and this sort of ironic consumerism that millennials like is tedious, with its bare minimum "message". well, hopefully it is not as de-fanged as I fear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if she was approached about doing a Barbie movie then yeah she sold out. if it was her idea then she didn’t. this is crucial