Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Pellisworth posted:

this one? https://www.icy-veins.com/d4/guides/landslide-druid-leveling-build/

it's pretty similar to what I suggested the other day other than I would suggest switching in poison creeper, I'd probably swap Cyclone Armor for creeper.

you cant actually do that as a substitution in that guide because there's no connection to poison creeper on the skill tree until level 22

edit: well not level 22, the 22nd skill point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

incinerate/firewall leveling

frost orb end game :blastu:

Objectively good!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Of course I got the second best aspect to go along with the best aspect (trampled earth) for my druid 30 mins before I had to start over.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

season 1 time, it's time to be loving mad at blizzard

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rolled a Druid on Seasons, level 10 so far and having fun.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

I said come in! posted:

Rolled a Druid on Seasons, level 10 so far and having fun.

:mad:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

bus hustler posted:

you cant actually do that as a substitution in that guide because there's no connection to poison creeper on the skill tree until level 22

edit: well not level 22, the 22nd skill point

I think I would get earthen bulwark instead of cyclone armor and then creeper. however that works out idk. I wouldn't actually follow a build super closely it's cheap and easy to respec while you're leveling and you have no clue what aspects you're gonna get

the core idea of the build (Storm Strike, Landslide, Bulwark for defense, Trample for mobility and hopefully trampleslide aspect) is gonna work fine.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Stuck at work debating druid vs rogue so I can learn to hate blizzard all over again

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
have to get all the waypoints again. boo!

I'll live though. lol at you suckers stuck in a queue. Already level 10 on my rogue

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

InventorOfTrees posted:

Well we have people here acting like this game is perfect in almost every way who are spam posting in the thread 40 minutes after the season launched rather than playing said season. Is that normal? You judge!

People are excited to play video games, that’s pretty normal lol

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

fknlo posted:

have to get all the waypoints again. boo!

I'll live though. lol at you suckers stuck in a queue. Already level 10 on my rogue

Some of my waypoints came through, but not all?

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

pseudanonymous posted:

Some of my waypoints came through, but not all?

Those are main hubs in each region. Gotta activate the rest.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

poemdexter posted:

You have to open the menu and accept rewards.

What do you mean by this? When I open up the Renown 'rewards' through the map, nothing is showing as available. Do you have to get to a specific spot in the story/level before that becomes available? Don't tell me I ground out all of those drat altars and areas for nothing...

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Time posted:

When I'm playing a game I'm excited to be playing I don't put the controller down every 5 minutes to open up a web browser to tell people about all the fun I'm having - I just keep having fun.

It seems weird to me which is why I said judge for yourself!

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
They gave the new quest npc his own instanced space in the overworld. However, you can't go there as the instance seemed to be completely overloaded, so you just rubberband in place two screens away. Good job Blizzard.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Time posted:

Experiencing joy is a foreign concept to many goons actually.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

InventorOfTrees posted:

When I'm playing a game I'm excited to be playing I don't put the controller down every 5 minutes to open up a web browser to tell people about all the fun I'm having - I just keep having fun.

Posting about having fun wards off evil spirits.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

That corpse consume on walking heart is p good for passive essence regen

But im def gonna get bored of the noise

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
None of my Paragon levels, Reknown, or Waypoints seem to have carried over, though my map clear did. Is this expected?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

InventorOfTrees posted:

Sometimes u gotta take a poo poo. Sometimes a zoom call pops up and u can just post some stuff. there’s no conspiracy here people are just having fun

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Ynglaur posted:

None of my Paragon levels, Reknown, or Waypoints seem to have carried over, though my map clear did. Is this expected?

I think so yeah. You gotta claim the first two tiers of renown rewards for each region. that's all that carries over

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ynglaur posted:

Some of the renown should have.

Did you log in to your char that had it unlocked since the patch on Tuesday

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Ynglaur posted:

Yes, of course it is.

Only map completion and statues of lilith carry over.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Ynglaur posted:

Paragon levels don't carry over, renown doesnt either but the first two rewards unlocks, waypoints only carry over for the main cities in each region.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like to go back and forth between poo poo posting and doing quests.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Ehud posted:

Love that blizzard put an "unplug the printer, then plug it in and try again" mechanic in their ARPG

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Well not anymore now that you're posting here LOL

Lol noooo

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

No queue for me eat gross hearts losers.

I'm at work like a productive little product of capitalism

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I thought map completion and lilith altars carrying over was a nice compromise on the renown grind, but I just logged in and actually seeing the UI summarizing all of the tedious bullshit I have to redo made me immediately lose any motivation to play this game again. Thank Lilith that Diablo 3 still exists where I can just blast through monsters non-stop instead of doing endless busy work to earn my progress like it's a loving job.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

Ehud posted:

I had not done this - is that what's required? Logging out of the seasonal character, logging in with the Eternal toon that has everything unlocked, and then log back in to the seasonal?

EDIT: Confirmed, this worked. I needed to log into the Eternal character with all of the things cleared and then log back into seasonal

TracerBullet fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 20, 2023

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

TracerBullet posted:

I had not done this - is that what's required? Logging out of the seasonal character, logging in with the Eternal toon that has everything unlocked, and then log back in to the seasonal?

yeah because they originally planned to make us do everything over again each season and then they settled on allowing some progress to carry over, but with the caveat that you had to log in to the eternal char post-patch for it to flag your account with the correct progress

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

TracerBullet posted:

I think you might need to make a new seasonal character after logging into your eternal realm character.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

Hulk Krogan posted:

I think you might need to make a new seasonal character after logging into your eternal realm character.

I did not - was able to hop back into the seasonal character I'd created previously and everyone was unlocked/rewarded

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Hulk Krogan posted:

No, logging into the past characters moves the progress to the account-wide flags to have it apply to everything.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Adam Bowen posted:

I thought map completion and lilith altars carrying over was a nice compromise on the renown grind, but I just logged in and actually seeing the UI summarizing all of the tedious bullshit I have to redo made me immediately lose any motivation to play this game again. Thank Lilith that Diablo 3 still exists where I can just blast through monsters non-stop instead of doing endless busy work to earn my progress like it's a loving job.

Yeah this is me as well. It was a pain in the rear end to do once but grinding out all the dungeons for aspects too...

I don't like.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/Neoseeker24/status/1681461077446479875

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

No trouble with queues, but trying to enter that forest clearing for the new quest line just puts me into an endless loading screen. Twice. So better not bother I guess.

So, just as usual, kudos for yet another flawless launch.

Edit: Of course, after having to Alt+F4 for the second time, there's a queue now, stuck at ~1 minute for 5 minutes.

How do they keep managing to improve the user experience so consistently?
A true marvel.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 20, 2023

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Magus42 posted:

No, logging into the past characters moves the progress to the account-wide flags to have it apply to everything.

Oh hey, that's great!

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Are the hearts displaying the rolls in the wrong order? When "x" close enemies is showing the higher roll to the right (more desirable) but you want things to activate with fewer enemies, no?

Ideally you want this to be 7 & 10, not 12 & 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*