Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

poemdexter posted:

You can drink everywhere in Louisiana. As long as you put scotch tape around the lid of an alcoholic drink in a styrofoam cup and never pierce the lid, you're free to use drive thru daiquiri shops and definitely not drink it before you get home.

We can do that here too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
I like how Reddit figures out every few years that Texas has beer barns. They're always so shocked.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

jokes posted:

Texas is worse than Louisiana because Texas could be better and adamantly refuses to do so. Louisiana is terminally hosed and everyone knows it.

Yeah, this is the most aggravating thing unique to Texas. Most of the rest of the south doesn't have the economic opportunity or wealth Texas has, not even close. We very intentionally squander it.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

Jesus III posted:

I like how Reddit figures out every few years that Texas has beer barns. They're always so shocked.

i spent a lot of time in beer barns during COVID because social distancing you see

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

Yeah, this is the most aggravating thing unique to Texas. Most of the rest of the south doesn't have the economic opportunity or wealth Texas has, not even close. We very intentionally squander it.

Occasionally Texas will let something slip by accident too, and it takes a lot of work to circle back to being as poo poo as possible.

Which I guess if you're optimistic, it means that if anything about the current political balance of the state falters, either from the dems magically rallying or the current leaders of the Republican party falling apart into infighting allowing for challenges from within the party, it'll skyrocket up the rankings with just a few years of reforming.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

mastajake posted:

We can do that here too.

Plano/Frisco must be too snooty to enjoy a taped alcoholic beverage because I've not seen one around here.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Half the state does a little happy dance around their postage stamp lawns when the state kicks them in the dick because they know the poor are getting kicked in the dick harder

This experience is the entire shared culture of every wealthy suburb, where seemingly every voter lives

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sfmh

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

As a part of this, I've been very amused that part of the reason the Texas grid hasn't imploded is because the heat has increased the solar and wind output of all those renewables the conservatives keep trying to bash. Apparently a heat dome with clear skies is great for solar cells and creating wind for turbines.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

e nevermind missed a word lol

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

10-15 years ago "intentionally" would have been correct, but in the intervening time the state GOP has been effectively taken over by people who sincerely believe the kayfabe is real.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/semaforben/status/1681995285214511104?s=46&t=A_iY-gupVf13dcIJPetZhQ

What the gently caress

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Yeah, idk, I'm conflicted... cause.. I do kinda feel that way about fajitas sometimes...

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Bananana posted:

Yeah, idk, I'm conflicted... cause.. I do kinda feel that way about fajitas sometimes...

yeah 100%. gimme a waft of caramelized onion and lemme hear the sizzle and i'm good sticking with my enchiladas (ron desantis)

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Sizzle juice or go to hell

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is insanity

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Rather have some tacos tbh

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Right?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I want to come on the fun plate

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jokes posted:

*at the burn ward* so mr. jokes, tell me what happened here

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

jokes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAs9laxC-rs

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Yes, may I have the Wagyu quesadilla with the gochujang salsa on the side, please? Thank you. And for my side, I would like the kimchi Mexican rice.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

NEW YOURK CITY!?!!?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SyRauk posted:

Yes, may I have the Wagyu quesadilla with the gochujang salsa on the side, please? Thank you. And for my side, I would like the kimchi Mexican rice.

went to a party catered with a chilantro nacho bar and while individually everything was great, something about soy sauce and queso doesn't mix

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
fajitas are a funny thing. usually i just prefer tacos, but when you've got some top 1% badass fajitas then a tortilla almost takes away from them

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

poemdexter posted:

Plano/Frisco must be too snooty to enjoy a taped alcoholic beverage because I've not seen one around here.

There's a daiquiri place (or was) off of 121 near Preston, by the Walmart and total wine

Fake edit: yes username post combo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/titansuni/status/1682047284807098368?s=46&t=A_iY-gupVf13dcIJPetZhQ

President Biden must immediately block the Titans from wearing these jerseys or Texas must secede from the union.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I love making Fajitas at home but I go for the chimichanga at the Mex restaurants. Tacos too.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Manager Hoyden posted:

Half the state does a little happy dance around their postage stamp lawns when the state kicks them in the dick because they know the poor are getting kicked in the dick harder

This experience is the entire shared culture of every wealthy suburb, where seemingly every voter lives

Suburban voters get everything they want from the leg every time.

The leg just gave all of them $1000 - which of course is very different than the $1200 everyone got from Biden which caused all of the inflation singlehandedly - this one will not. for reasons. It's different.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Sab0921 posted:

Suburban voters get everything they want from the leg every time.

The leg just gave all of them $1000 - which of course is very different than the $1200 everyone got from Biden which caused all of the inflation singlehandedly - this one will not. for reasons. It's different.

It's because they earned it.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/titansuni/status/1682047284807098368?s=46&t=A_iY-gupVf13dcIJPetZhQ

President Biden must immediately block the Titans from wearing these jerseys or Texas must secede from the union.

if greg abbott arrests the tennessee titans for wearing these in texas i will vote for him

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Someone explain the joke to me because I don't watch football.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

poemdexter posted:

Someone explain the joke to me because I don't watch football.

The Houston Oilers moved to Tennessee in the 90s. They renamed themselves the Titans, but kept the trademarks and such for the Oilers.

When Houston got an expansion team, they couldn't be named the Oilers because of this. So now Houston's team is stuck with the dumbass name the Texans, when everyone just wants them to be named the Oilers.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the Texans have the worst name in professional or college sports

Devils Avocado
Mar 25, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

The Houston Oilers moved to Tennessee in the 90s. They renamed themselves the Titans, but kept the trademarks and such for the Oilers.

When Houston got an expansion team, they couldn't be named the Oilers because of this. So now Houston's team is stuck with the dumbass name the Texans, when everyone just wants them to be named the Oilers.

Do you know how many Columbia Blue Earl Campbell jerseys you see walking around Nashville these days? Too goddamn many. Its cultural appropriation at its worst.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i say swears online posted:

the Texans have the worst name in professional or college sports

Yep

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1682102475963211777?s=46&t=A_iY-gupVf13dcIJPetZhQ

Aggieland has fallen

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
didn't happen but if it did then good

nobody tell these fuckos about Halo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is there a gay club in BCS