Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Please just report the post and let us handle it if its breaking the rules, please.

Hey Nix - Please be clear what is funny. We'd like to know!

The juxtaposition of a post making fun of Putin for being unable to get any of his bargaining positions for the grain deal fulfilled with the implication that Ukraine is going to blow him up immediately followed by a post about Ukraine's port being blown up because Putin didn't get any of his bargaining positions for the grain deal fulfilled. Its a classic set up and punchline.

Was it only funny to you guys when the implication was Russia getting blown up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Nix Panicus posted:

The juxtaposition of a post making fun of Putin for being unable to get any of his bargaining positions for the grain deal fulfilled with the implication that Ukraine is going to blow him up immediately followed by a post about Ukraine's port being blown up because Putin didn't get any of his bargaining positions for the grain deal fulfilled. Its a classic set up and punchline.

It's fitting that you're the OP of page 666.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Do you think cities and civilian infrastructure being bombarded is funny?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

not sure what your point is, russia isn't getting any of those demands

It looks like Ukraine isnt going to be exporting grain from Odessa either. Nobody wins, which is sad

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Another batch of CVR(T)/Spartans seem to have been rustled up from somewhere.

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1682103598065373185

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Do you think cities and civilian infrastructure being bombarded is funny?

As funny as Ukraine using HIMARS on soldiers I guess

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nix Panicus posted:

Gotcha, so not actually funny at all.

Nix Panicus posted:

It looks like Ukraine isnt going to be exporting grain from Odessa either. Nobody wins, which is sad

Which is directly the fault of the country that invaded Ukraine and is actively targeting shipping AFTER backing out of the deal it made.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nix Panicus posted:

Yeah, we should bomb more of Russia to make them go away and stop showing grain trade.

Nix Panicus posted:

Ah so you are an imbecile

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Nix Panicus posted:

And Russia got to drag in other countries by destroying the ability to export food to them, including China and Africa amongst other countries. Its not like the lack of funds are going to hurt Ukraine much, theyre being funded by the west. This hurt the rest of the world with food price increases, and the people they killed and injured in the strike.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nix Panicus posted:

Man, if only there was a solution like ceasing the invasion and returning to Russia.

This isn't even original material you got here Nix. Try harder.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Gotcha, so not actually funny at all.

Which is directly the fault of the country that invaded Ukraine and is actively targeting shipping AFTER backing out of the deal it made.

What was Russia supposed to get out of the grain deal, and were those terms fulfilled?

It seems less like Russia 'backed out' and more like the west never actually fulfilled its end of the bargain and after a year Russia's good faith efforts ran out.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Nix Panicus posted:

Why are you doing this? We have different threads for a reason because neither thread agrees with each other or can get a long.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
posting on the satan page, because that's what Russia is fighting or whatever. hail satan

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Nix Panicus posted:

What was Russia supposed to get out of the grain deal, and were those terms fulfilled?

It seems less like Russia 'backed out' and more like the west never actually fulfilled its end of the bargain and after a year Russia's good faith efforts ran out.

There's faster ways to get a probation.

e: Like everyone knows how this ends, at least speedrun it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hail Satan, may your will be to blow up Russia

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

bad boys for life posted:

And Russia got to drag in other countries by destroying the ability to export food to them, including China and Africa amongst other countries. Its not like the lack of funds are going to hurt Ukraine much, theyre being funded by the west. This hurt the rest of the world with food price increases, and the people they killed and injured in the strike.

Not a lot of the food from Ukraine made it to Africa. It mostly ended up in Europe, to the extent that several European countries got mad about it and tried to ban Ukrainian grain.

If the focus is on the rest of the world, maybe the west should have tried harder to hold up their end of the bargain?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nix Panicus posted:

Russia backed out of the deal in a temper tantrum because the bridge to Crimea got targeted.

There was NO deal telling the West that Ukraine couldn't target Crimea or the deal would be invalid. That's just a certain imperial nation throwing a tantrum because their Special Military Operation continues to fail.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I am glad Russia will lose (harder, again) :)

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Nix Panicus posted:

Russia's good faith efforts

:fuckoff:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

IK EDIT: We're not doing this grudge posting Nix. Sorry. - CommieGIR

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 20, 2023

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Yeah big lol @ "good faith efforts" to hold food hostage.

Depriving the world of food, leftishly.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Nix Panicus posted:

lmao

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You can post in here, doesn't mean anybody has to pretend you aren't a lowlife.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hail Satan, pee on putin

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Scrungus posted:

I don’t know why people think F16s would really change the war. Russia has a huge amount of long range air defense, wtf is can f16 do that their existing platforms can’t? They’re already slinging western cruise missiles and dropping western jdams with the jets they have now.

200 brads, a shitload of MICLCs, and all the MRAPs we can spare is what they really need.

And ATACMS

I don't think they would fundamentally alter the character of the war. They would make certain operations significantly easier though - specifically, using antiradiation missiles in their intended mode where they're programmed in the air, and same for JDAM targeting, instead of having to do so beforehand on the ground and cross your fingers. They're also fundamentally very capable airframes that the US has tons of, so they have no shortage of spares or other maintenance assistance.
All of these things are good. They're not necessarily better than 200 Bradleys etc, but why not both?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nix Panicus posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ok, we're done here. Russia has not made any good faith efforts and neither have you.

:siren: Move On thread :siren:

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Nix Panicus posted:

:dumbbravo:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Hail Satan, Slava Ukraini and don't feed trolls

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Nix Panicus posted:

lol

poor Russia, hoodwinked by the west

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Nix Panicus posted:

Russia...good faith efforts

Yes, these two concepts totally go together.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Posting on page 666.

War is hell.

Putin is a piece of poo poo.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
Satan posting that Putin sucks and I hope his bridge falls down into the deeps

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

What is it about attacks on T H E B R I D G E that so consistently brings out ironic not-ironic genocide appreciators?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Strategic Tea posted:

What is it about attacks on T H E B R I D G E that so consistently brings out ironic not-ironic genocide appreciators?

Their parents were brother and sister.

And cousins.

And their own grandparents(!)

It’s complicated.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Molothecat posted:

lol

poor Russia, hoodwinked by the west

imagine being outsmarted by the guys who did Bay of Pigs

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
hail santa

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Hail Satan, gently caress Putin, Slava Ukraine, seeth harder tankies

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
getting that 666 ukraine war thread cred - when's the gang tag?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Interesting article on the possibility of future coups in Russia, some funny bits

https://twitter.com/AmbDanFried/status/1682093806936530946

quote:

One high-ranking source in the Main Directorate of the General Staff, the GRU, Russian military intelligence, previously warned The Insider that a coup attempt was possible in light of Russia’s flailing war in Ukraine; the only unexpected development was the timing and architect of this one.

“Everyone in the Ministry of Defense and in the government as a whole is already tired of this war and would like to stop it,” the source said. “You can feel the discontent , so I expected something similar could happen by autumn. The fact that Prigozhin turned out to be at the head of the rebellion is surprising, but he would never have done such a thing if he had not understood that there would be those in the GRU leadership who would support him.” This echoes statements anonymous Western intelligence officials have made in the past several weeks about the existence of a Russian fifth column.

quote:

There are generals in the Russian army, the source added, who gave a variety of excuses for not interfering in Prigozhin’s blitzkrieg, which began with the seizure of the Russian Military District headquarters in Rostov-on-Don. Some said they were still hungover from partying the night before – not exactly a sterling pledge of fealty to the regime or much of a declaration that duty to the Motherland trumps all other considerations.

quote:

“We watched one general in one of the Russian regions who received a call on Saturday and demanded to urgently appear at the headquarters in connection with an attempted military coup,” the Ukrainian spy said, “but he did not go anywhere and continued to drink. And as we understand, such a reaction was typical.”

quote:

Another officer in the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs from Rostov-on-Don described the frantic behind-the-scenes scrambling the night of the coup. “The Fortress plan was announced,” the source said, referring to Russia’s emergency measures to countermand Prigozhin and protect Moscow, “but no one began to execute it. Everyone was scared.”

quote:

At around 11 p.m. orders to declare the “Fortress” operational plan came down from Command . “The duty officer began calling employees, but many simply did not pick up the phone or were already drunk. It was Saturday night and many police officers were taking time off outside the city. Our boss was with a friend in a restaurant celebrating; the friend’s granddaughter had just been born.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Their parents were brother and sister.

And cousins.

And their own grandparents(!)

It’s complicated.

but there are so many less lines to draw :confused:

Anyway, there are claimed numbers about Wagner's casualties, don't remember seeing this in here but it moves pretty fast. Anyway, they're, uh, pretty ruinous, and would make .ru MOD claims about how many signed on with them in the wake of Prigozhin's coup mutiny amuse-bouche(?) improbable. If true I wonder what he's doing cooling his heels in Belarus instead of loving off to Africa to manage that stuff.

birdstrike posted:

hail santa

yer 4-5 months early :clint: