Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots
posting on the irc page :c00l:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
You know what? Good for those Russian officers and staff! They should do that sort of thing more! In fact, they should all send invites to every mobik, every VEH-DEH-VEH operative, every FSB agent, and maybe even every Wagner operative there is and invite them back to Russia for a long party to clear their minds, drink some vodka.

And you know, just keep doing that instead of invading a sovereign nation that does not want them there.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wanna see more bridges destroyed

I'm evolving from maps only, now I wish to kill all bridges

Thankfully America is helping with this internationally, but also domestically! I'm eating good.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

tiaz posted:

posting on the irc page :c00l:

Only 6000 pages to go!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Shinjobi posted:

I wanna see more bridges destroyed

I'm evolving from maps only, now I wish to kill all bridges

Thankfully America is helping with this internationally, but also domestically! I'm eating good.

Bridges are going to be so loving useless once we manage to R&D jetpacks/hovercrafts to be as cheap and common as hand sanitzer

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Pablo Bluth posted:

Another batch of CVR(T)/Spartans seem to have been rustled up from somewhere.

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1682103598065373185

Somebody commented in the Cold War thread this conflict is turning into a Cold War Spendex, and they're not wrong.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

This was pretty much a given - Putin spent 20 years creating his strong man image and imprisoning or killing off any rivals/critics, and now its been shown he's weak, new ones are gonna come out of the woodwork quick.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Nix Panicus posted:

Russia's good faith efforts

:lmao:
Ok that was funny. Please let them just post.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

spankmeister posted:

Only 6000 pages to go!

if we actually make it to 6667 I'll manually do a TLS handshake with you

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

If we make it to Page 6667 I'll download and register a copy of mIRC.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Dwesa posted:

Hail Satan, Slava Ukraini and don't feed trolls

I was going to feed the trolls, but Russia bombed my grain shipments and 3 orphanages in the name of world peace.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
drat it, missed page 666. Hail Satan, kill putin, do drugs, gently caress Nix Panicus

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i can’t believe you’d advocate violence on putin. there truly is no reasoning with the western scum

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

CommieGIR posted:

This was pretty much a given - Putin spent 20 years creating his strong man image and imprisoning or killing off any rivals/critics, and now its been shown he's weak, new ones are gonna come out of the woodwork quick.

I have it on good authority from several posts in this thread that actually this was good for Putin:colbert:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Someone saw the phrase "in good faith," didn't know what it meant, thought they could figure it out from context and use it as a vocabulary exercise.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

goblin week posted:

i can’t believe you’d advocate violence on putin. there truly is no reasoning with the western scum

Perhaps someone can make a good faith effort on putin. Perfectly reasonable request, nothing sinister about this at all.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
I remember when Russia had a good faith effort to cheat at the Olympics. Because there's so much at stake there.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Dwesa posted:

Interesting article on the possibility of future coups in Russia, some funny bits

https://twitter.com/AmbDanFried/status/1682093806936530946

quote:

“We watched one general in one of the Russian regions who received a call on Saturday and demanded to urgently appear at the headquarters in connection with an attempted military coup,” the Ukrainian spy said, “but he did not go anywhere and continued to drink. And as we understand, such a reaction was typical.”

:argh:: "Come to work, there's a loving coup starting!"

:shepface:: *hic* "Blyat!"

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

numptyboy posted:

Perhaps someone can make a good faith effort on putin. Perfectly reasonable request, nothing sinister about this at all.

Has anyone tried telling him that people are getting hurt out there and it's generally killing the vibe?

Burns
May 10, 2008

Anyone know the strength of the Russian fleet in the Black Sea? I read most of the hits on Odessa were from shipborne missiles and i assume a bunch were sub launched.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lucy is holding this football for Charlie Brown. He has faith she won't lift it out of the way and let him fall on his rear end again. That's good. Surely that's what good faith means.

Anyway, Putin promised that this time, this time he definitely won't have his troops bombard this humanitarian corridor of fleeing civilians yet again. He and his troops thought it was funny enough to do it five times, but they won't think it's funny enough to do it a sixth, right?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

William Bear posted:

:argh:: "Come to work, there's a loving coup starting!"

:shepface:: *hic* "Blyat!"

"You need me to come in? I've been drinking, sorry" is a high level excuse

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Blyat, I scream as I roll down the stairs, making GBS threads myself.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

numptyboy posted:

Him and Trump retiring together to some obscure Pacific island would be a world best case scenario.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1682130883573153792
Poor baby, you could go home any day now and all of this will be over

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Nastya (16), in Russian occupied Henichesk posted:

If we don't learn the Russian anthem, they will send us to the basement,where they interogate and beat you if you say something wrong.

Russkiy mir!

Wagner revealed their casualties: only 16,000 have made it through alive and uninjurd so far

quote:

· Wagner had 78,000 thousand fighters in total.

· 49,000 of these were convicts.

· 22,000 were killed.

· 40,000 wounded

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/19639

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 20, 2023

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Burns posted:

Anyone know the strength of the Russian fleet in the Black Sea? I read most of the hits on Odessa were from shipborne missiles and i assume a bunch were sub launched.

from 5 days ago - 2 active missile carriers, 11 warships in total
https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3736364-eleven-russian-warships-combat-ready-in-black-sea-two-kalibr-carriers-among-them.html

Air Force Command of UA Armed Forces FB page also lists possible sources of missiles/drones in its updates - July 20 update

quote:

On the night of July 20, 2023, the invaders will again attack the southern regions of Ukraine! This time, Odesa and Mykolaiv were hit by Russian missiles.
In total, the enemy fired 38 munitions: 19 cruise missiles and 19 kamikaze drones:
🚀 7 winged "Onyx" from the coastal missile complex "Bastion" (Crimea);
🚀 4 Kh-22 air-launched cruise missiles - launches were carried out from eight Tu-22MZ aircraft (Black Sea area);
🚀 3 Kalibr sea-based cruise missiles, presumably from a submarine (Black Sea area);
🚀 5 "Iskander-K" land-based cruise missiles (Crimea);
🛬 19 strike UAVs of the "Shahed-136/131" type from two directions - southern (Chauda, Crimea) and northeastern (Kursk).
💥 As a result of combat work by the forces and means of the Air Force, in cooperation with units of other components of the Defense Forces of Ukraine, 18 air targets were destroyed:
- 2 Kalibr sea-based cruise missiles;
- 3 "Iskander-K" surface-based cruise missiles;
- 13 "Shahed-136/131" attack drones.
✈️For the current and past days, Air Force aviation has carried out more than 20 airstrikes on objects, places of concentration of equipment and personnel of the Russian occupiers.
✊ Let's keep the sky!
🇺🇦 Together - to victory!

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 20, 2023

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Hm should probably reschedule my coup for a saturday

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I will gladly coup you on tuesday for ammo on monday

How!
Oct 29, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

Do you think cities and civilian infrastructure being bombarded is funny?

Thread title

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Meet the young women who use dating apps to trick Putin’s lonely troops — and draw out clues that could help Kyiv win the war.

Masha, one of the women involved in dedicating 2 hours of their day to this activity, states that:

“We’re looking for information about the number of troops, information on the amount of military equipment, the success or lack of success of some attacks, their problems with food and equipment,”

Some of their virtual relationships with soldiers stuck in the trenches have lasted as long as a year, providing a wealth of information that they pass on to be used by the Ukrainian military. The women working for the organisation have no sympathy for the men that they feign affection for.

“They come to my country, they want to kill my people, they want to destroy our nationality, they don’t want Ukrainians to exist,” Angelina says. “Even if they don’t believe in this Russian war, they are ready to do all this for money — why should I care about people that want to kill me?”

The women work for Molfar, a Ukrainian risk-assessment and analysis firm that has redirected much of its efforts to supporting the war effort since the invasion last February.

For those who think that the Times have compromised the Ukrainian operation, according to the Times, the Russian intelligence services are already aware of this, they actively encourage soldiers not to share this information on their smart phones. The Russian soldiers that do share are disobeying direct orders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl03WLyAA6I

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1682130883573153792
Poor baby, you could go home any day now and all of this will be over

Take oblasts above Azov,
Yell "NATO!!!" and run your gob,
Call them all CIA tools,
Rally all the useful fools,
And still you'll never get it right,
Cuz when you're laid in trench at night,
Watching bombs over the wall,
You could call your Vlad and stop it all...

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

redshirt posted:

Him and Trump retiring together to some obscure Pacific island would be a world best case scenario.

There is a Pacific island perfect for them, named after Putin's beloved tsar

How!
Oct 29, 2009

It’s pretty hosed up for Russia to exit the grain deal after the west lifted their sanctions and let that Russian bank back into SWIFT.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

How! posted:

It’s pretty hosed up for Russia to exit the grain deal after the west lifted their sanctions and let that Russian bank back into SWIFT.

Go away

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
If you support firing anti-ship missiles at grain solos and kindergartens you're a water tankie, thems the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Flavahbeast posted:

"You need me to come in? I've been drinking, sorry" is a high level excuse

that's me in most of my many restaurant jobs

that's why i'm not a general of anything