Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I also have to think the group of people who play games on Steam, care or know about online shooters like Overwatch 2, and haven't downloaded it solely because it isn't on Steam has got to be pretty dang small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I mean it’s already like the 200th most wishlisted upcoming game after what, 9 hours? It’ll at the very least get a solid day-1 player count, and probably quite a few of them from people who basically considered PC gaming = only Steam. Whether they hold on to that or not who knows.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

At least it gave us the best healer in videogames - Lucio
No. Ana HotS was the best healer. Lucio Overwatch was always a cringe psyop to convince people to queue healer.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm a sick in the head mercy player

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you can say healslut, it's ok

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PantsBandit posted:

I'm a sick in the head mercy player

Moira for me, we're broken.

Overwatch is still my favorite chill out and mess around multiplayer game, but it definitely never should have tried to be competitive or a fake sport or monetize via F2P or had the stupid push maps or or or

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

you can say healslut, it's ok

Healslut

Wow that did feel good!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How much did the "we're immediately killing OW1 servers" hurt the OW2 launch?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Sloppy posted:

Moira for me, we're broken.

Overwatch is still my favorite chill out and mess around multiplayer game, but it definitely never should have tried to be competitive or a fake sport or monetize via F2P or had the stupid push maps or or or

Yeah ultimately the thing that OW offers is a pretty wide variety of gameplay archetypes. Too few shooters have gameplay elements that are more varied than "shoot other man in head".

I miss Titanfall.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Titanfall was so good. Shame I live in a garbage region where the multiplayer was almost completely unplayable only a month after release.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Wow I don't know how I slept on Humanity. Great puzzler but also the music and visuals are totally hypnotic. This poo poo rules

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

goferchan posted:

Wow I don't know how I slept on Humanity. Great puzzler but also the music and visuals are totally hypnotic. This poo poo rules

I need to go back and finish it. Mostly picked it up during the Summer Sale as a rare excuse to use my VR headset and really liked the first few sets of levels. Unassuming presentation but it's all very well designed.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Has anyone gotten playable Steam Link performance with both the client and the host computers connected via wifi? For me, it'll be "good enough" for a while, but doesn't take long for performance to degrade (even if it does recover), and the latency will be very inconsistent.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Yes, but I did it by spending time in the sticks where the only wifi around was mine, so there was zero interference.

The easiest way to ensure low latency is to smash every single station within range, so there's no crosstalk.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Wow...so it's going REALLY poorly for OW2 huh?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jack Trades posted:

Blizzard showing up at Steam HQ:

https://i.imgur.com/3H0uuGV.mp4

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

i'm guessing it'll be like halo infinite on steam where the game itself requires you to log into xbox (or bnet in the case of overwatch)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Here is how to fix overwatch 2: Shut it down and plug the OW1 servers back in.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Beve Stuscemi posted:

It's fascinating that was what they went with to promote the new game: entirely kill the old one and gently caress whoever paid for it. Especially after that WC3 debacle earlier before. Brilliant move, of course: the one no one ever thought they would go with. I wonder how it played out!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Here is how to fix overwatch 2: Shut it down

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
No you see they are going to implement all this new PvE stuff.....

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Player versus Enterprise

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Im_Special posted:

Most likely this, but opening themselves up to Steam's player chart and review features may not be worth the increase in playercount.

I guarantee you that they do not care about the blizzlols thread obsessing over steamcharts as much as they care about getting the Overwatch updates on the steam front page

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Macichne Leainig posted:

Player versus Enterprise

If I could fight Blizzard itself, I would definitely play OW2

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
My friend wants to play Naraka: Bladepoint but is worried about the steam reviews saying it's anticheat is spyware. Is there anything to that or is it just the usual "Chicoms wants to steal my data and send me to the Xinjiang labour camps" when the fact is everybody want to steal your data and send you to the Xinjiang labour camps.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I haven’t played a NetEase game that wasn’t a giant piece of poo poo, to say nothing about Chinese spyware

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Saoshyant posted:

It's fascinating that was what they went with to promote the new game: entirely kill the old one and gently caress whoever paid for it. Especially after that WC3 debacle earlier before. Brilliant move, of course: the one no one ever thought they would go with. I wonder how it played out!
It's pretty genius, actually, since they canceled most of the content announced for 2 shortly afterward. Force the players to buy the same game twice.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is Forspoken worth $35? I know the writing, and IIRC the voice acting, are really bad but I mean is the base gameplay at least good?

I played the demo and recall finding the parkour movement to be a little clunky but that's all I remember.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Man, I've been enjoying my time with Dave the Diver but I'm not a fan of the way someone on the dev team went "What if we occasionally had an infuriatingly difficult QTE button-mashing thing?", and the other devs went "That's a terrible idea. We should have all the different infuriating QTE button-mashing things, and you should have to do them constantly."

Anyway, gently caress the harpoons, and gently caress the customers- I hope they like low-quality fish that've been artisanally beaten to death with a baseball bat, because that's what they're getting.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Omi no Kami posted:

Man, I've been enjoying my time with Dave the Diver but I'm not a fan of the way someone on the dev team went "What if we occasionally had an infuriatingly difficult QTE button-mashing thing?", and the other devs went "That's a terrible idea. We should have all the different infuriating QTE button-mashing things, and you should have to do them constantly."

Anyway, gently caress the harpoons, and gently caress the customers- I hope they like low-quality fish that've been artisanally beaten to death with a baseball bat, because that's what they're getting.

Yeah the QTEs are what takes Dave from a 10 to a 9 for me. Upgrade the Traq enough and you can skip en at least

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Sab669 posted:

Is Forspoken worth $35? I know the writing, and IIRC the voice acting, are really bad but I mean is the base gameplay at least good?

I played the demo and recall finding the parkour movement to be a little clunky but that's all I remember.

no absolutely not, it's not a good game and never will be. Bland and empty world, soulless and never going beyond "good idea"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sab669 posted:

I'd play it if someone paid me 35$ to do it but that's about it.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Jack Trades posted:

I'd play it if someone paid me 35$ to do it but that's about it.
You'd play a bad game for less than minimum wage?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
his name isn't Jack Good Trades

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
How many people slagging off the game have played it?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It has a demo

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Just take the Medic from TF2, change nothing and put him in your team shooter and maybe I'll play it. Otherwise no. I miss him.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Beve Stuscemi posted:

There's no Overwatch 2. It is literally the same game and same servers. Just F2P.
If they hadn't removed the 6th player, no one would have noticed the difference.

On other hand, please add the 2nd tank. My Rein is lonely.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Forspoken is like the definition of a $20 game. It's not the worst poo poo every but it also isn't particularly great, but it could be at least worth a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

going to buck the trend and say forspoken is a 10/10 goty without having played it